Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss And I work here. . . . why???? in the Community Center forums; I also want to know why someone would throw away all price tags. You know you haven't checked out yet and we need those prices. And I can't ring out ...
    stitch625 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I also want to know why someone would throw away all price tags. You know you haven't checked out yet and we need those prices. And I can't ring out what you got based on how much you think it should be...I also need to ring out the correct item to keep our inventory correct. Thanks, but hold on to your tags from now on. In fact, don't take them off unless we take them off for you!

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Oh my gosh I am so glad I don't currently have to deal with customers! I must say why is it that every employee thinks the world revolves only around them?! Can't you see I just walked in the door and don't even have my coat off and can not solve your problem immediately! OH, and why must you insist on butting in to a conversation I am having with another employee. Wait your stinking turn! I almost changed my name last night. I was so sick of hearing it!

Although, even the most ridiculous employees are great sometimes. We were running late and several employees volunteered to stay without me asking just to get the job done. Love them!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Unitl recently I worked at Whipsnade Zoo, one of the best animal conservation and breeding collections in europe. Its in no way a theme park!
    On one wonderful summers day we had the delight of a new baby camel born in the main paddock. To my amazement a woman with a child (about 6 or 7years) compained how offensive it is to have to see such horrid things. In her view pregnant animals should be hidden away from the public to prevent births being seen.
    Although it was tempting to say maybe the birth of her child was equally horrid to the witnesses, I politely (well, as polite as i could manage) advised her to visit our customer services so share her views.
    I hope that the next time she took her kid on a day out it was to a boring location that didnt have any risk of educating her children!
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouslydw View Post
    Another one, I have two coupons - but I left them at home. Can I still use them?
    LOL! I watched someone do this exact thing just a few weeks ago at the local pool supply store.

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    If an item is a LIMITED EDITION item, once we are sold out, we don't have anymore to sell. We do not keep them in the back room for special customers who only ask for them, and I cannot just make one for you. We flat out don't have any more to sell.
    Great post, and I understand your frustration. But with respect to this one in particular, the customer in question may have at least a slightly defensible position. The term "limited edition" as often as not is a marketing term with no meaning whatsoever. I think that technically, to be able to call something a limited edition, you just need to specify up front how many of something you are going to make. For example, a huge chain is completely free to make 10 million of something they can't possibly expect to sell all of, label them "limited edition", and keep just two or three of them on the shelf (with 500 more in the back) at each of their stores nationwide to give the impression that if shoppers don't buy one of the few remaining they'll miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by tizzo View Post
    Great post, and I understand your frustration. But with respect to this one in particular, the customer in question may have at least a slightly defensible position. The term "limited edition" as often as not is a marketing term with no meaning whatsoever. I think that technically, to be able to call something a limited edition, you just need to specify up front how many of something you are going to make. For example, a huge chain is completely free to make 10 million of something they can't possibly expect to sell all of, label them "limited edition", and keep just two or three of them on the shelf (with 500 more in the back) at each of their stores nationwide to give the impression that if shoppers don't buy one of the few remaining they'll miss out.
    The store that I work at comes out with several limited editions every year, mostly seasonal items for holidays and things like that. When people come in and say they want that item - we always advise them to purchase it now and do not wait because we may not have it tomorrow or next week. Sometimes the items are even numbered as to how many there are. It just gets frustrating to have the same question 23490 times a day, from people who you told last week that the item probably wouldn't be there. It's not my fault you waited.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Another one, I have two coupons - but I left them at home. Can I still use them?
    Sure. The next time you come in, just bring them with you and we'll use them on your purchase of the same item. Just make sure they haven't expired. (I suppose that would go right over the customer's head.)
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    Sure. The next time you come in, just bring them with you and we'll use them on your purchase of the same item. Just make sure they haven't expired. (I suppose that would go right over the customer's head.)
    Oh, expiration dates usually don't matter - we have people come with coupons from two years ago that pitch fits when we say they're expired. We end up just taking the coupons anyways, because it's not worth being yelled at.
    Walt Disney

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    i worked in a coffee bar where the drinks list (coffee, tea, hot chocolate latte etc) was on the counter in front us, people would walk up, look as the list and then ask if we did hot drinks. AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhh! It got so bad we had a score list of the number of times in one day this could happen, Sundays were the worst days!
    Although when we removed the list and put up the 'Coffee machine closed for cleaning' sign for the last twenty minutes of the day, people ordered coffee all the time LOL
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I don't like when peole at the drive thru take forever to make up their mind and order. It isn't going to jump out at them. Then they try to pay with a check when they dont accept checks and when their car dies and I am stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    I don't like when peole at the drive thru take forever to make up their mind and order. It isn't going to jump out at them. Then they try to pay with a check when they dont accept checks and when their car dies and I am stuck.
    LOL, my kids have the 15 second drive-thru-rule, if they dont decide fast enough, i get to pick what they are having.
    x FIONA x

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Oh, expiration dates usually don't matter - we have people come with coupons from two years ago that pitch fits when we say they're expired. We end up just taking the coupons anyways, because it's not worth being yelled at.
    Hey, where do YOU work. I have to start shopping there!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    how about when you're on an 8 ft ladder hanging lanterns from the ceiling and a customer starts yelling a question at you...while there are 3 sales people standing around doing nothing...ughhhh!!! or when they start tugging on your leg at the same time....

yes i know all the sales people are in all black and i have to wear all black too but i'm not wearing a name tag, i'm carrying a pager and tools...please don't ask me questions while i'm taking a 6 ft mannequin with a heavy metal base off a platform

or when your bosses don't tell you what is going on and then you get blamed for something not getting done....have i mentioned how much i hate my job
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    OMG I'm so glad you started this thread Lindsay. I really empathize with ya'll.....Now where do I start? (I won't mention exactly where I work, but I will say I work for a major home improvement retailer)

-I work in the plumbing depart, but that does not make me a plumber! Plumbers are specially trained and licenced, do you think if I went through the work of getting all that schooling I would be working here for a small percentage of what real plumbers make? No!

-99.9% of the time, if you see an associate working say in one of the aisles in paint, they probably work in the paint department...so don't ask them if they work in paint, just ask them what you need to ask them and move on......(on the same tangent, don't walk up to me while I'm obviously working and ask me "Is there anyone working in the plumbing department?" What am I, chopped liver!)

-Yes a lot of our signage is bi-lingual, get over it....If we were in say France, I don't think you'd be complaining if the signage was both in French and English

-We are a hardware store, not the Four Seasons....stuff gets dirty, but most of the time it'll clean up with a little effort, I promise

-People have been seriously injured due to some of the power equipment we use in the stores, so don't complain when we have to block off a couple of aisles to use said equipment. Believe me, you'll be much happier if you have to wait an extra couple of minutes for us to do our job safely instead of you being dead....

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast