Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Discussions Discuss And I work here. . . . why???? in the Community Center forums; another one.... I really dislkie it when a guest arrives at the drive thru speaker and I ask "May I help you?" and they say back, "are you open?" Of ...
    tiggerguy is online now As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly
    another one....

I really dislkie it when a guest arrives at the drive thru speaker and I ask "May I help you?" and they say back, "are you open?"

Of course we are open you idiot I asked you if I could help you!
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    I hate that!!!!!!!!! We put the gate down at the store, and are obviously cleaning and closing everything - people come up. Are we too late?? ummmmmm, yes.

Or people that come before we open, when the gate is down, and ask if we're open yet. ummmm. no, not yet - please be patient.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

stitch625 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Just yesterday, I was obviously busy helping a guest in our store....VERY busy. I was finishing something a guest needed so they could move on to the next thing in our store. Then someone walked up to the register and starts yelling at me "EXCUSE ME!! I'M READY TO CHECK OUT!!" I saw you, and I'm coming as soon as I can, but if I'm the only employee you see, I can't magically split myself in half right then and there to help both of you! I know you see the other person I'm helping! Funny thing is, the guest I was helping says to me "Gosh you must have a lot of patience." I chuckled and told them its deminished over the years as I walked to the register to help the center of the universe.

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Ok this one didn't happen to me but one of my co-workers....

So my co-worker has a customer who wants to buy I think it was a sink (or something like that) but he wants to get a better look at it before he buys it. So my co-worker cuts the tape on the box and opens it. So then the customer looks at the product, and then decides that is what he is looking for and wants to buy it. Fine right? Wrong! The customer then proceeds to tell my co-worker that he wants another one off the shelf because the one he was just looking at has been opened! Hello! He's the one who opened it!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    oh my gosh I so love this thread! I feel like I have a "I know what you mean!" to every single one of these posts.
    This might be a little inappropriate so I apologize in advance...
    I hate it when I finally get a moment to go use the facilities and the phone rings. Well, I have to answer it, nobody else will. Then the employee who called me tells me I sound weird. Well, I am in the bathroom, I say. Then they proceed to continue with what they wanted to ask me. Come on people! Give me 2 minutes to use the bathroom in peace!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    I feel your pain with the bathroom thing, our bathroom can be a very popular spot on the weekends (especially for people to go, well #2). THere are times when i've had to wait almost two hours to use the bathroom because everytime I walk back to it it's being used. Sometimes people even bring newspapers in, and then our whole store smells. Thanks.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

stitch625 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    So today I get to work and the first phone call I get is from someone who lost something. They think they've left it in our store, so one of my employees looks around (under fixtures and whatnot) and can't find it. No one has turned anything in to us for lost and found and we certainly didn't see it while we were cleaning last night. 10 minutes later, I get another phone call from the same person asking us to look again. Again, my employees look to see if they can find it but we can't. It's not in our store anywhere. So an hour later, we have a guest come in and I ask them if I can help them and if she was looking for anything in particular to purchase and the response is "No, I'm looking for something I lost yesterday" - it's the same person who called twice already. Apparently she thinks we didn't really look and are secretly hiding it from her. I mean, come on - give us a little credit.

All4theShow is offline C-Ticket Holder
    This stuff is great! I worked retail & customer service for years before becoming a teacher. I'm a lot more relaxed than I used to be. If teenagers do something dumb, I can justify it by saying "they're just too young to know any better." It's a lot harder to justify a stupid adult.

Always There
    Without A Care
    Soaking Up Sun
    And Having Some Fun!

She opened her eyes and I knew that my life would never be the same

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    speaking on the bathroom, as i work in retail our bathrooms are very large w/ mulitple stalls....that being said, you have no idea how gross WOMEN can be there...they don't flush and i swear they hock loogies...it is soooo nasty!! and what is with actually making a cell phone call and having everyone hear your convo....and sadly the employee bathroom is worse....

i hate unruly costumers...i once asked a woman very nicely to please not sit on the small platform with the mannequin on it....her reaction was not so nice...she slung some obsenities and physically threatened me...to which i called security...talk about overreacting...
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123