Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss And I work here. . . . why???? in the Community Center forums; Ok, I know everyone at times has a lot of frustration with their jobs, or funny stories. I thought i'd share some here - and see if anyone else has ...
    seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!

And I work here. . . . why????

Ok, I know everyone at times has a lot of frustration with their jobs, or funny stories. I thought i'd share some here - and see if anyone else has any good ones. This can be a place for us to just vent about things that irritate us.

Ok, i'm not going to say where I work - but some people here know. Here are some of my frustrations.

If an item is a LIMITED EDITION item, once we are sold out, we don't have anymore to sell. We do not keep them in the back room for special customers who only ask for them, and I cannot just make one for you. We flat out don't have any more to sell.

Maybe I should've taken more foreign language, but I only speak English fluently. I do not know what language you are yelling at me in, and I cannot understand you, please do not get upset with me over this.

If your child is shy - please answer questions for them. I am not a mind reader, and cannot give said child what they want with no direction.

I AM NOT MALL INFORMATION. Just because I work in the mall does not mean that I know where every store is, I also do not know the phone number for any store but the one I work in. Please do not yell at me for not knowing how to direct you somewhere, I will be more than happy to point you towards a mall directory, or the mall information kiosk.

I understand that not everoyne knows how to work computers, but the instructions are right on the screen - please read the instructions on the screen and type in the information.

If you are holding an item in your hand that has a tag on it, please do not ask me how much it costs. I will simply look at the tag and tell you - you can do that.

I'm sure i'll have more to post - these are just my starters!!!
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

Already thinking of more.

If you need help with something, many employees are here to help you - but please do not ask me to stop and answer your question when I am carrying very heavy bags of items to put out to sell, i'll have a hard time answering.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator
    I love when a guest asks me what sizes the chicken nuggets come in and I say we only have a 5 piece....and then they ask do I have anything bigger!
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Really-- buy two if you are that hungry!

I don't have anything to add yet but I imagine I will after the next faculty meeting.

And This statement goes well with this thread: "You can't fix stupid."

stitch625 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I love it when a guest asks me if we have a random, obscure item that we would never sell. Then they get mad when we don't have it and expect me to pull one out of thin air. And I don't have anything that would be inapporpriate for children either!!

Another thing - I cannot help it if there is a long line at the store sometimes, and there's nothing I can do to make it go faster. No, I cannot skip you to the front of the line, that wouldn't be fair to the people in front of you. Please be patient with us, we're trying our best to accommodate everyone's needs.
    Walt Disney

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I don't like it when people take their sick children somewhere to entertain them since they can't be in school. If they are sick enough not to be in school, they shouldn't be at the mall.

I COMPLETELY agree with that Gae, if your child is contagious and can't be in daycare, please don't bring them to infect me
    Walt Disney

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    As I have been out of the workforce for quite some time in the pursuit of a new career, I have nothing to add to this thread currently.

However:

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    I don't like it when people take their sick children somewhere to entertain them since they can't be in school. If they are sick enough not to be in school, they shouldn't be at the mall.
    I don't understand this. One of my mom's rules was that if you were too sick to go to school and/or work, you did NOT leave the house unless you were going to see a Doctor and/or getting medication from the Pharmacy. To this day, I still use this rule and you will not find me outside my home on a day I've called in sick unless I am going to/from a Doctor and/or Pharmacy.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Amen To Gae And Amanda!!!!

I also find it very funny when someone wants to make a reservation for a party 2 days before the day they want it, then get upset that we're fully booked and can't take anymore reservations. I'm sorry you waited until the last minute...

I like it when people have a party booked, but decide they want to come 30 minutes after their party should've started. Ummmmm, we have another party starting - what should we do??
    Walt Disney

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouslydw View Post
    I like it when people have a party booked, but decide they want to come 30 minutes after their party should've started. Ummmmm, we have another party starting - what should we do??
    Direct them to the nearest Chuck E. Cheese?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Another one, I have two coupons - but I left them at home. Can I still use them?
    Walt Disney

Dude, for real. I'm also not all-knowing...I really need the coupon you say you have at home if you want something for free. And it's not like I don't want to help you out - but there's a special coupon code I have to use!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast