Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Car Jacking Alert in the Community Center forums; I was sent this by my sister. Her friend's son is a policeman in FL. Since many of us could easily fall victim to this, I thought it would be ...
    mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

Exclamation Car Jacking Alert

I was sent this by my sister. Her friend's son is a policeman in FL. Since many of us could easily fall victim to this, I thought it would be good to pass on the safety tip.

BEWARE OF PAPER AT THE BACK GLASS OF YOUR VEHICLE
    NEW WAY TO DO CAR JACKINGS (NOT A JOKE!!!)

Heads up everyone. Please, keep this circulating...

You walk across the parking lot, unlock your car and get inside. You start the engine and shift into Reverse. When you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your parking space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you shift into Park, unlock your doors, and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view.

When you reach the back of your car, that is when the car jacker(s) appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. They practically mow you down as they speed off in your car.

And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car. So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity is now compromised!

BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED. If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, just drive away. Remove the paper later. And be thankful that you read this
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    I had this sent to me as well, but it said that the people doing it were targeting Tesco car parks in the NE of England. It was advising people to try to park as close to the shop as possible, as the gangs doing it were mainly doing it in those areas further away from the shop. It warned people to check around their car before unlocking it and getting in. Another similar scam involved flagging you down, and saying that your car had a problem at the rear and that the guy would show you. When you get out to check, his mate gets in your car and drives off.

What kind of world do we live in?
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Since the same thing was posted in two different geographical locations, this is probably a hoax. However, if it gets wide enough distribution, some idiot somewhere is sure to try it out, so all should be careful.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    Thanks.... one of my favorite sites. I don't forward an email without checking there first!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Oh NO! I usually see these for what they are, but because it came from what I thought was an original source, I wasn't worried about it being an urban legend. Sorry about that, folks. (I'll be sending my sister and email.)
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    it might be a hoax email but its made me think about how little i worry about safety in the car, i would leave my purse without even thinking!!!
    False email or not, it makes a good point.
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants