Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Input and opinions wanted in the Community Center forums; Ok, some of you know that I am basically trying to start a new career. I am on this Forum list for people in the profession. Someone posted about a ...
    GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!

Input and opinions wanted

Ok, some of you know that I am basically trying to start a new career.
    I am on this Forum list for people in the profession.
    Someone posted about a Conference being held this Summer in Las Vegas.
    It would be an opportunity to network, and to educate myself more on this profession.

Things to consider:

I am not currently employed.
    I have no money coming in.
    What if I find a job before then?

What should I do? Should I investigate more into the conference and how much it may cost?
    I am attending a conference this week in my city (so no travel costs involved).
    Should I wait to see how that goes first?

SO CONFUSED!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I would find out how much it costs and if the tickets are refundable in case you do find a job before then. Has anyone on the forum been to one of those before? Can anyone say if it's worth it?

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I say go to the conference in your city first Lara. It may be similar to the Vegas one. If you make some great networks at that, it may just get rid of you having to decide! If you enjoyed this conference and want to go to the one in Vegas, you can research that after you go. (Unless you have time before that) I definitely wouldn't decide about the vegas one or look TOO much into it until after the conference in your city.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    I agree with Jeanne that you should look around your area first of all. However, Las Vegas is such a growing metropolis there are thousands of job opportunities in almost any profession. If I had it to do over Las Vegas or Orlando would be my destinations of choice to have spent my working years.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property