Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss DUMBO B-day party for a 16 yr old???????? in the Community Center forums; OK....I need help. NO! Not that kind of help. There is no cure for that. One of the Crazy Crew that is going with us in Sept will be turning ...
    vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me

DUMBO B-day party for a 16 yr old????????

OK....I need help. NO! Not that kind of help. There is no cure for that.

One of the Crazy Crew that is going with us in Sept will be turning 16 over the summer (JASMINE) and her mom (PIGLET) was asking her what she would like to do for a party. Quote/Unqoute from JASMINE to her mom......(in only the whiny tone that teen girls can accomplish) " everyone has done the sweet 16 theme I want to do something different." So her mom teases her by saying "fine we will give you a Walt Disney themed party then" Of course the girl in all seriousness says back, "that's fine, as long as it's a Dumbo theme Disney party" Makes ya wonder what goes on inside those heads sometimes.

JASMINE is very serious and wants a Dumbo party now.. Talk about setting herself up for the surprise trip in Sept Now her poor mom has the problem of coming up with a Dumbo themed party for a 16 yr old. HELP! Even with my usually creative brain at work and the power of the internet I CANT FIND ANYTHING on a teen Dumbo party. 1yr olds ----no prob 16 yr olds----non exsistant LOL

SOOOOOOO....does anyone have ANNNNNNYYY ideas for this. Simple is good, cheap is better. Stuff that doesnt involve me making stuff for it (PIGLET not big on crafty type stuff) is divine. I am at a loss on this one.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    http://www.familyshoppingbag.com/dumbobag.png

Here is a bag you can print out on card stock and have for goodies.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

AWW, that is too cute. That gives me an idea for the fortune cookies they will be getting for the trip. Since they will be big cookies I can get some Chinese take out boxes for them. OK I tend to over do things ....I admit it LOL

***puzzled look....do they do treat bags at teen parties? What would you put in it for treats if they do?

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I have never done a teen party, and I have a couple more years before the niece gets there (oh no, that scares me).
    Oh, Try Oriental Trading to find some supplies for pretty cheap - they may have the big takeout boxes, but I have seen them at Michael's and at Garden Ridge.

Hmmm, what would you put in a teen's treat bag? Gift cards? For fast food, best buy, cell phone downloads?
    Candy - who doesn't like candy?!

I am sure some teenagers on this board could help with that a lot more than I could.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I'm not a teen anymore, as I recently turned 22, but I was a teen... somewhat near...

Goodybags YES! Candy is always a nice thing! or nailpolish for the girls. Candy, like HUGE candy bars would be a huge +++

As for Dumbo themed, they only thing I can think of is pin the tale on the elephant, but that would not work for 16 year olds. Maybe watch the Dumbo movie? And have lots of snacks like pizza, popcorn, etc. That's the best I can come up with. Man, I must be getting old. Hopefully someone else will be able to help more!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    You could throw in lip gloss, note pads, pocket photo albums, gel pens, keychains, stuff like that.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    I would say, make it Circus themed with Dumbo as the main focus.

Let's see....

Elephants like peanuts, right? Maybe bags of Peanuts and Popcorn.

Also those Circus Peanuts (the orange marshmallow like kind) and Cotton Candy.

Everyone should definitely get a feather so they can fly, right?

Let us know how it goes.

Good Luck!

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

I suggested the circus thing to the mom tho I am not sure how well that will go over with teens....but then again WHO KNOWS? The only thing I could think of was an elephant pinata tho I did tell the mom maybe she could give them all a feather (great minds think alike MBABE..lol) and have them jump off the roof and see who actually flies. ***SNORT---i am kidding ppl ...back back-- down boy!

I like the ideas for the treat boxes. Especially the candy. Who doesnt like candy at any age? Gotta tell PIGLET The snacks (nasty marshmallow peanuts, real ones, popcorn) ...great ideas.

LOL...just thot of something. They have a pet mouse...maybe they can put a sign on its cage to say "HI, my name is Timothy" LOL Hey, its the best I can come up with---this is a tough one.

Thanks for the help guys...keep 'em coming