Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Played Disney "Scene it?" in the Community Center forums; My family got the "Scene It?" DVD game focused on Disney for the holidays (they have different kinds, I guess, for Pop culture, kids, etc...) Anyway, my whole family had ...
    DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.

Played Disney "Scene it?"

My family got the "Scene It?" DVD game focused on Disney for the holidays (they have different kinds, I guess, for Pop culture, kids, etc...)

Anyway, my whole family had a blast! It is one the kids could play, adults, etc. My husband wasn't too in to it but the rest of the family, kids and mom included, had a nice time. It focuses on the Disney movies, but boy, my 7 year old sure knows his disney movies! Anyone else tried this?
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    No, but it sounds like a lot of fun.
    Eric

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    I got it for Christmas - and played it once - then the DVD messed up. It had a scratch on it that I know must have been there from before I got it, because all I did was take it out of the case and put it in the player. So, we tried to return it, but they didn't have any in stock, so we have to wait until they get some in. It was fun and we really want to play it again!
    Last edited by Princess Jas; 01-04-2005 at 03:31 PM.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    It is a fun game (got it for Christmas from my MIL), but they use the same scenes for many different questions which gets boring after awhile since you have to concentraate thru the whole scene over and over.

I was wondering how much input Disney had in the game. Does anyone know?

P.S. The box top is a work of art in itself. I would love a poster like it, but with every Disney cartoon character.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 01-04-2005 at 04:35 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Got it, love it, agree with JC 100% about the repeting and the cover.

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    The box top is a work of art in itself. I would love a poster like it, but with every Disney cartoon character.
    I think a poster like that would be great, but the box top irritates me - it should have characters from many different movies. Why were there four pictures from The Lion King (Timon, Pumbaa, and Simba on the front and Simba on the back) when there are MANY Disney movies that don't have any characters on the cover at all?
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Jas
    I think a poster like that would be great, but the box top irritates me - it should have characters from many different movies. Why were there four pictures from The Lion King (Timon, Pumbaa, and Simba on the front and Simba on the back) when there are MANY Disney movies that don't have any characters on the cover at all?
    I agree, especially since when playing it, they do spread it out over many movies-In one round we had references to The Rescuers, Aristocats, Snow White, Mulan, Shaggy the Dog, and many more. You REALLY need to know all your Disney movies, and the box doesn't really touch on that. It is a work of art design, though.
    I don't know how much imput Disney had in it, sounds like a good trivia question to me!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I got it this summer for my b-day & love it. I don't get to play it very often since my DH doesn't know as much about Disney movies as I do... But I agree with JC that they show the same scenes too often. We got 2 Bedknob & Broomstick questions in one game!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    I got this game for Christmas as well and played it twice with my parents. I would've kept playing it if they weren't getting killed in it so much. I never let my father get past the half-way mark.

I just brought it over to my girlfriend's house last night and her, her sister and I played two more games of it. Of course, I'm still undefeated and haven't had anyone come close to having me worry.

As far as the questions go, I don't think the repeat clips are that bad. It makes you realize how much detail goes into each and every scene that Disney has ever done.

Some of the questions are rather hard (for the younger Disney-obsessed) but didn't phase me one bit. I have had several clips/questions about Disney's "The Apple Dumpling Gang" and "The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again," and got those all right. I've had a couple that stumped me until the last second, such as "Cool Runnings," "Bedknobs and Broomsticks," "The Absent Minded Professor," "Trease Island" and other movies. Yes, I know Cool Runnings is newer, but I haven't seen any of them (at least not in full). I was rather impressed by myself to see how much I really did know.

I guess being obsessed can be a good thing when it comes to games like this!
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star

I am not as much a Disney expert as many so it is just hard enough for me-and my 7 year old has such an eye for detail that he was able to play right along! Alas, I don't have that many "disney" buddies to play it with....

lsutiger516 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I also got rhis game for Xmas... IT'S AWESOME!
    lsutiger516

Check out my site at:

Four Parks. One World.

What is everyone's track record on this game so far (guess if you're not sure)?

I think I'm at 8-0 right now, and still getting the wins to climb higher. I think I need some true competition by now. Also, does anyone think the adult questions are almost too easy, along with the "all play" questions?

Maybe the obsession makes it seem really easy.
    *SCOTT*

I only played it a few times (3, I think) since the holidays when I got it, and my team one each time. As I am not quite the Disney expert of most of the people on this web site, I would say it is just right at my skill level. But I can see that if you know most of the Disney movies, etc. by heart it would be too easy. They should come out with a special edition Disney game just for the "experts"! I thik finding someone who is as knowledgeable about Disney as you are would help. I unfortunately don't have anyone around me with quite the love of Disney that I have...

A Disney expert game...now that I would buy ASAP. The only thing is, wouldn't all those questions still be a bit easy for us? I mean if you're an expert, you basically know it already and nothing can stump us!
    *SCOTT*

Oh come on, I've seen some stumpers on this web site!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast