Your Walt Disney World Information Station

View Poll Results: Do you believe in ghosts?

Voters
22. This poll is closed
  • Yes

16 72.73%
  • No

3 13.64%
  • Not Sure

3 13.64%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Ghosts!! in the Community Center forums; 1: Does anyone here believe in ghosts? 2: Has anyone had an experince with a ghost 3: Does anyone have a picture with a ghost in it You see..i believe ...
    Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder

Question Ghosts!!

1: Does anyone here believe in ghosts?

2: Has anyone had an experince with a ghost

3: Does anyone have a picture with a ghost in it

You see..i believe in ghosts, goblins and all that jazz and i wanted to see if anyone believes in ghosts.
    This will be the thread where we post anything about ghosts! I once slept over at a my Grandma's house and i felt a hand on my shoulder at night. i woke up and my Grandma was still asleep...(shiver shiver).
    999,999 score on BLSRS! Galactic Hero!

I love working in the Theme Park Industry!

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Yes, but I wouldn't call them "ghosts".

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Yes, I believe in them. I'm actually of the school of thought that we see them all the time, but we just aren't aware of it.

For the most part, I don't have any "fear" of the supernatural. If anything, all of the evidence of ghosts and hauntings is more of a reassurance to me--making for a stronger case that the soul is real, and can move on to other things once the shell keels over.

i'm not afraid of them them either but i like to find them ghosts and spirits. If the can walk through walls they can walk through you so no harm can be done.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I do believe in ghosts. I've had a few hauntings which I will post at sometime when I have more time/feel better. Basically, I believe there is an afterlife, and I believe that people often come visit you or send you signs (ie, i for instance always have squirrels or chipmunks that run DIRECTLY in front of me. not like a couple feet, INCHES in front of me or they walk along side me as i walk... someone once said someone must be sending me signs). So I believe it and the supernatural and all that stuff. It spooks me at times but I believe it because there is something better for everyone out there.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    That is interesting Jeanne, for me it's butterflies. The most recent time I can recall was in Miami about to board a cruise, this butterfly was literally buzzing around me which was really odd. Anyway, turns out that I bumped into some estranged relatives aboard that same cruise.

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    1: Does anyone here believe in ghosts? I believe more in the Spirits of past people than anything.

2: Has anyone had an experince with a ghost? YES a few. One day when my son was a few months old, he was sitting in his bouncy chair and started getting excited and looking all around him. His eyes were FOLLOWING SOMETHING!!! I tried to figure it out (thinking it was a bug or something) and never could figure it out. When I asked out loud if he was watching his great-grandpa perk, he smiled at me and then stopped. To this DAY i still believe my granpa had come to meet his great grandson!
    When my daughter was born, i still swear i saw shadows in her room that would "disappear" after i would focus on them. I too believe my grandpa came to meet his great granddaugher as well!

3: Does anyone have a picture with a ghost in it? Not with the ghost/spirit in the picture, but (see my story above) my son watching one!
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I know what you mean about the shadows, I see those too sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    That is interesting Jeanne, for me it's butterflies. The most recent time I can recall was in Miami about to board a cruise, this butterfly was literally buzzing around me which was really odd. Anyway, turns out that I bumped into some estranged relatives aboard that same cruise.
    Butterflies for me, too! This is a great story:

We were out in the ocean, at least 50something miles from the shore, when we see this butterfly following my friend's boat. Our close friend(Ron), her husband, had passed away earlier that year, and he always said that whenever we go out in the ocean, he HAS to be there. We went further and further out into the ocean to find the butterfly following us. Ron always liked when my father drove his boat, because Ron was too sick to drive it, and loved the water. As we drove along, the butterfly flew on the right side of my father. I waited for it to fly behind us again to take a picture--I had a quick shot on just in case, but the butterfly never showed up in the fifteen shots I took. After that picture, the butterfly dissapeared. However, I remember a distinct mark on its back as it came close. After driving for 4 more hours, we went through the Inlet to have the same butterfly following us all the way back to dock.(Which took another hour to get there)

Somebody was watching over us.....

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiddenmickeyboy View Post
    If they can walk through walls they can walk through you so no harm can be done.
    Here's hoping so, but seems there are a handful of folks out there who would be quick to argue. Whether we call them ghosts, spirits, visitors or whatever, there are plenty of cases of malicious entities who have terrorized families to the point where they've had to get out of their homes while they still could (and sometimes, that wasn't enough--seems some of the more dedicated spooks would move right along with them).

When it comes to ghosts walking through walls, the theory I've heard that makes about as much sense as any is that it's a matter of them using doors or some kind of path that was there when they were still alive, if you believe in that sort of thing. To them, it still works, and the present world just hasn't told them the joke.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    blast. I had the most famous ghost pic of all time on here, but then people have to go and get mad about me stealing their bandwidth and whatnot.
    Last edited by the7thAve; 05-08-2007 at 02:54 PM.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Silver Magic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One time I was sitting in my room drawing and I felt a tap on my back. I turned around but didn't see anything though. Then another time it felt like someone grabbed my arm but no one was there.....creepy.

i've had that happen before Silver Magic but it while i was sleeping. i woke up because of it.

As much as I do believe in ghosts, there are always those people who stretch the truth. I was crazy enough to catch a ghost "documentary" the other night and learned that some people just want to be in the spotlight.

Heh, I also learned that scientists are still testing the fasts that magnetic fields may produce certain affects on people that make them see illusions.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    I lived in a flat in a really old building once. It always felt like there was a spirit there - I would come home and the place didn't feel empty, even though everyone else was out. Then one day I was drying my hair, and looking in the mirror on the wardrobe door. I kicked it round to get a better view of my hair, and as it swung I could see the old lady standing behind me. She was smiling so I didn't feel scared. I turned round and there was no - one there. I could often feel her presence, but didn't see her again.
    Months later, I met up with the girl who lived in the flat before me. The conversation turned to ghosts and stuff, and all of a sudden she asked me if I had met the old lady! She has also seen her, and told her flatmates who just thought she was crazy. So she didn't tell anyone else, and no-one had told me.
    It was really spooky, but neither of us ever felt that she was anything but a gentle spirit who had lived there before us.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed