Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss SUMMER Is Here!!!!!!!!!! in the Community Center forums; Thought i would start a thread on the activities you do during the summer. Whether it's the kids getting summer jobs, parents putting the children in some sort of camp. ...
    butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle

SUMMER Is Here!!!!!!!!!!

Thought i would start a thread on the activities you do during the summer. Whether it's the kids getting summer jobs, parents putting the children in some sort of camp. This way, maybe we can find some new things for the children to do.
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

I'll go first. I'll list more as the thread gets hopping. But for starters

For my son, who is 10. Today was his last official day of school.

This year he decided he wanted to join our community swim team, so with that being said.

He is able to sleep in a little, but with practice starting at 9:00 am sharp, not too long of a sleep in. I believe this summer will be the first summer that i am able to be home. And i think i'm loving it. Although my son can't do all the activities and sports he would like, since it's a little hard with the twins, getting him to and fro. But the swimming for an hour tires him out anyway.

And don't forget the studying...I will let him break for this week, except for the reading. then come next week, he'll be doing some work, to get him ready for the fourth grade.

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Great idea Deb!
    The UK schools dont break up until late July so these will be ideas-in-advance to keep kids busy at home.

Let the kids be CSI's for the day. They can take fingerprints using pencils, sticky tape and white card. Kids lay on the ground, chalk round them for body outlines etc
    My 2 kids love designing t-shirts. Fabric pens & cheap white t-shirts can keep them happy for a long while.

i will post more as i think of them
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

Excellent ideas Fiona! I may let them do the CSI for a day......And they love doing the t-shirts as well.....Reminds me, i need to stock up on some pens...You have any good places other than Michael's to get the pens from - I'll give you an update on what my daughter designed on her T-Shirt

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Summer is here. Hmm, let's see, what am I going to do this summer. Oh, turn on the air conditioner.
    They call me "Nana"

vmkplayer is offline <3 ragdollaye
    i have to run a group at day camp of 9 4th graders who make fun of each other.. this should be interesting..
    Kingdom Keepers forever!!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    i run a Reading Camp with university students. They work for about an hour with each child getting them help in reading and building their confidence. It is my favorite class to teach!

My personal kids will go to church camp, a camp at a university 2 1/2 hours away and my oldest boy will go to a camp for gifted and talented kids. The young guys will just have a summer of no daycare. They really dont' know what to do! So we will go to the pool a few time. Or maybe a lot

flutter is offline Moderator
    my baby will be going to Basic training this summer at Ft Jackson, S.C. She leaves here Wednesday afternoon and leaves Boston on Thursday.
    I will be working as usual this summer when I am not at Magic meets and then to VA for the following weekend in July. And ofcourse we will be going to S.C for a few days when Erica graduates from Basic

Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    my baby will be going to Basic training this summer at Ft Jackson, S.C. She leaves here Wednesday afternoon and leaves Boston on Thursday.
    I will be working as usual this summer when I am not at Magic meets and then to VA for the following weekend in July. And ofcourse we will be going to S.C for a few days when Erica graduates from Basic
    Ohhh where about VA you going???

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by butlers View Post
    Ohhh where about VA you going???
    Bedford....hubby is into history etc there is a WW2 memorial that there is an event that weekend

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    I am only working 3 days a week this summer and spending the remainder with my two year old - we spend alot of time at the park and in the pool. We have a membership to a baby gym here where he takes gymnastics and art and can play in the ball pit etc - the best part is that it is all indoors - so i bring a good book and read while he plays with other short people.

The only bad thing about this summer is that our seasonal pass for WDW is blacked out...oh and its about a trillion degrees in the shade
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

I'm not doing too much other than the great Magic Meet but DD is doing a lot. Let's see, right now she has swimming lessons this week which started last week. She had the dance recital last weekend and next weekend she's dancing at some festival. Not much then until the Magic Meet. But then there is the Magic Meet, Hershey Park and Lancaster for 2 days with my mom and dad. About a week after that she's going to church camp for 3 days. The first week in August is VBS and then nothing until school starts.

No wait-she also has Girl Scout camp in there for a week.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    My 5yr old is playing soccer this summer, he actually scored a goal tonight! Couldn't tell you who won though but they all had a blast. He really enjoys playing, hopefully he'll stick with it.

We are hoping for a stress free, fun Summer! Plan on a lot of pool and park days if the weather continues to cooperate! And of course we will be ending our Summer at the most magical place on Earth!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    My 5yr old is playing soccer this summer, he actually scored a goal tonight! Couldn't tell you who won though but they all had a blast. He really enjoys playing, hopefully he'll stick with it.
    I wanted Parker to either play soccer or t-ball this Summer, but he wasn't at all interested. Oh well...maybe next year! I have great memories of our Nephew playing when he was Parker's age (he's now almost 20 years old!) and he scored a goal and was sooooooo excited, we didn't have the heart to tell him that he scored in the other teams goal! We love to tease him about it now though!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast