• Go to Moderate- PO-R

0 0%
  • Wilderness Lodge- two rooms

1 7.14%
  • Wilderness Lodge- deluxe room

0 0%
  • Fort Wilderness Cabin

0 0%
General Discussions Discuss Additional Day- Needing Help in the Community Center forums; We are going to WDW in November and decided to come down one day earlier to go to MVMCP. We are really excited about going and we will be staying ...
    SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Additional Day- Needing Help

We are going to WDW in November and decided to come down one day earlier to go to MVMCP. We are really excited about going and we will be staying the majority of our time at All Star Music Family Suites. I was unable to add an additional day to that reservation at that hotel. So that opened up some other ideas. We currently have reservations at Coronado Springs in a Junior Suite. We were going to meet up with some people but that may not happen(and there are wonderful reasons why it won't happen) so I began looking at other options for my family.

We are a family of 6 so we either have to have two rooms or get a suite type of room. So we narrowed our choices to the following:

1. Leave the reservation as is even though it isn't our first choice for resorts
    2. Make a two room reservation at All Star Music (this would make it easier for the next day for moving to the Family Suites)
    3. Make a two room reservation at another value resort
    4. Make a two room reservation at another moderate- first choice is Port Orleans Riverside
    5. Make a two room reservation at Wilderness Lodge
    6. Make a Reservation for Wilderness Lodge at a Deluxe room on the club level
    7. Make a reservation for a Fort Wilderness Cabin.

Some things to consider---we won't be there long. We will be there for about 3-4 hours before the Christmas Party and will be getting "home" late. We have to go to All Star to get our tickets/keys (or at least one of us) to enjoy the day at Epcot the next day and be ready for our lunch reservations.

So what do you think. Please vote and then explain why moves you that way.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I voted All Star Music for a few reasons:

1. Since you are already staying there, may as well make it somewhat easier when it comes time to move.
    2. Values are cheaper than the deluxes, especially with a family of six. Use that extra money of a meal or souvenirs!
    3. It's hard to move from a deluxe to a value. If you ever move between level of accommodations, I prefer going from a value to a deluxe...not the other way around.
    4. If you aren't going to spending a lot of time at the resort, why pay for a deluxe? If you really want to see the WL, go eat dinner there or something.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    I voted for making another reservation at the ASMu... I learned when talking on the phone with Disney, whatever reservation you have your park tickets on you have to be at that resort to get them. It would make it easier for you to get your tickets and switch rooms with luggage(Well they can switch it for you since you will be staying at that resort) and over all with the size of your crew I think it would be the best option!

Hope that helps!@
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I'd go with the 2 rooms at All Star Music, too, for all the reasons mentioned. For the one night, and the short amount of time you'd actually be there, anything else would just be a tease. Be sure to request connecting rooms if the kids will be in a room without an adult.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

ungis is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I would go with the additional reservation at All Star Music, you're already staying there and it is much more easier to move from room to room than from
    resort to resort.
    Can't wait to go back !!!
    First WDW trip June, 1996 - Lots of Disneyland trips in between -Last WDW trip December, 2006
    WDW College Program Alumni - Fall 2001
    Hello to all Disney fans !!!

JQuatt21 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I voted All star music. You dont want to spend too much time moving your family around from resort to resort if you dont have to. If it was two or three days, i would suggest somewhere else for a change of pace. But I woud have to agree with the members above. ASM.
    Disney's Polynesian Resort - 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1994
    Disney's Contemporary Resort - 1986, 1997
    Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 1989, 1991, 1992
    Orange Lake Resort & CC (Off Property)- 2002, 2003, 2005
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge 2007
    Disney's POP Century Resort 2012
    Disney's Beach Club Villas 2012

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I agree...All Star Music. Then, you won't have to waste time moving your stuff very far (if at all, they may move it for you) and you won't waste your money for one night.
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Keep calling in the mornings to try and add the extra day to your existing ressie. You might get lucky. Folks cancel or change plans all the time. Open rooms are dumped into the availability pool each night. Calling first thing in the morning give you your best chance for success.

That's a good idea.

Good reasons so far. I would love to keep hearing what people hear.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Go for the ASMu. While ASMo is our all-time favorite, we have stayed at ASMu three times and had a wonderful experience every time. The bus service is great and the move for one day would be very simple. My philosophy is simple--you are staying in the room to sleep so go with the cheapest alternative. When the kids are older you can opt for a different and more expensive alternative.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Very good point JC! We figure this will be the only big trip we will take as a family as I will be going back to school (will take 5 years to finish) and by that time, my daugher will be in college. So We may opt for the one "nice" evening. I looked at our flight and forgot they moved it up on us by 3 hours. So we will have about 7 hours before the Christmas party.