Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss The Amazing Race 7 in the Community Center forums; Willing to bet a breakfast burrito Rob and Amber win, much to my dismay too. Why would CBS be doing their wedding extravaganza if they were losers?...
    Triviateer is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Willing to bet a breakfast burrito Rob and Amber win, much to my dismay too. Why would CBS be doing their wedding extravaganza if they were losers?
    "The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." --Victor Hugo

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Because they are "loved" by the public. It is along the same lines as the Bachelorette and her boy that they show. Just more easy to make programming thta really doesn't mean a hill of beans when it is all said and done.

GO U&J!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I'm sick of Romber. They already won over a million dollars last year on Survivor, got their wedding paid for by CBS, etc. Enough already!

Another one cheering on Uchenna and Joyce!!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I have been rooting for Uchenna and Joyce since day one, but every episode makes me want it for them even more. I think Amber is probably a very nice person, but what she sees in Rob I can't fathom. He is a reptile. Ron and Kelly make me sick. Kelly more than Ron and I'm a woman! I think she takes things WAY too personally. When Ron says something like "Hurry" or "Come on" she really gets her panties in a twist about it. She has got to be the most spoiled creature on the earth to get upset over something like that. I mean, IT'S A RACE! You are supposed to say "Hurry" and "Come on". I would be saying "Get your a-- in gear woman!" (My husband would never go on this show with me doubtless--I'm too competitive.) Anyway, still rooting for Uchenna and Joyce. They so deserve to win this.

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    I hate Kelly... saying Ron got out of the military by being a POW... like he chose too. Gee, how irresponsible of him. *rolls eyes* I HATE her.

I want Rob and Amber to win.... I love them. That would so be me and my bf. THey aren't mean or rude to the others really... they just don't stop and converse and make nice with them. It is a GAME, people... worth alot of money.
    If it were me, I wouldn't give a **** about the other players.... I want the money!

... plus, i'm a big time Survivor fan and they are former Survivor people....
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Romber being on Survivor has nothing to do with me rooting for them. Even thoush Survivor is my favorite show ever (I'm waering a Vanuatu shirt and a Palau Buff right now!), that isn't reason enough for me to root for them. They have run the race smartly - in fact, they might be running the greatest race ever! The fact that they used Survivor to further them in the game was genious. In a game for a million dollars, you've gotta use whatever you can. I think that Romber has done this excellently, and I hope that they take it home (again). I would not mind if Uchenna and Joyce wit it (especially after Joyce shaved her head, promissing that they will not be returning to India for quite some time (they have gone there every season, determined to get a woman to shave her head - we are forever indebted to Joyce for getting them out of there!)

Anyway...what are the chances that the finish line is on the Forecourt?
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I would say slim to none since it is CBS and not ABC.

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    I am still rooting for Rob and Amber. I think Uchenna and Joyce deserve to win as well, but I think that Rob and Amber have been the most strategic in how they are playing. Not only are they strategic but they absolutely work together and help each other out. I am probably mistaken, but I can't remember a time during the race where they have lost it and started yelling at each other. It seems that no matter what is going on they work together, don't push blame on one another, and always have the task at hand on their minds. All of the other teams have fought, yelled at each other, and have not had their minds in the game (Uchenna and Joyce are second in getting along the best). Occasionally they might bark "hurry up" but they don't take it personally and get it together. At each competition they are going full force no matter if they are in first or last place.

As a person, I don't like Rob, but as a competitor, strategic thinker, and a level-headed person, he deserves respect. They are not being mean to the other teams, they just aren't going out of their way to be overly nice. They are playing the game. I hated to see them win the All Stars, but in the end they won and they deserved the win. I would agree that they are probably playing the most correctly executed game on this show so far.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    They have run the race smartly - in fact, they might be running the greatest race ever! The fact that they used Survivor to further them in the game was genious. In a game for a million dollars, you've gotta use whatever you can.

Exactly! You worded it great! That's what I wanted to get across.
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I never liked Rob...he is kind of a slimeball to me.

I want Uchenna and Joyce to win!

sx2143 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Kelly is coming across as really spoiled to me. That coment about Ron getting out of the army by being a POW was stupid. And I really could't believe how shallow she was this week. She was so worried about not having lipstick that she borrowed some from a total stranger. YUCK!!!! Is she crazy. I definatly am voting for Uchena and Joyce.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Admittedly, this is the first Amazing Race I have really followed to any extent and I have not even seen all of the episodes.

That said, I am a survivor fan but hated that Amber (& Rob) won the All-Stars season. He played survivor the way most of the players do. Lying, cheating and backstabbing. They won because of the couple bond. (A bond which is being ignored Survivor this season, but I digress).

Now in Amazing Race, if I understand it correctly, they win because they are the first ones to get to each leg of the race. (Am I right?)

I must agree that the personal dynamic I have seen between each team is what seems to push them forward or drag them down. Ron and Kelly should never have been a couple from what I have seen. He is obviously full of himself and far from ready to settle down. She is a spoiled brat that has no clue as to how to work as a team. If they win I will be disappointed.

Uchenna and Joyce are a great team and deserve to win.

I also believe Rob and Amber have shown themselves to be a great team and deserve to win. After seeing them here I believe that thier relationship will last. (Which I questioned after Survivor) I think it goes to show you that what you see on these shows doesn't always correctly portray who the players are in real life.

I am watching this season because of Rob and Amber. I find the crossover interesting. I wonder if the ratings show any increase from this. Especially since they continue to stay in the game. (If they were gone I wouldn't have continued I'm sure.)

I am really looking forward to the finale.

Todd.... may I share your popcorn?

I brought beverages.
    Last edited by MickeyBabe; 05-05-2005 at 10:20 AM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

rwsheep is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I think that Uchenna and Joyce deserve it. They haven't fought at all this whole time either. I do not think that Ron and Kelly should win. As much as I HATE Romber, ron and kelly have not been a team from the start. She says some of the most horrible things to him. I don't think they'll last when this is over.
    "All you need is Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust"
    "Someone's got to nail that girl's fins to the floor"

WOO HOO

i get to move back to WDW in Jan to work again!!

Geppetto is offline A-Ticket holder
    Old Geppetto was sad to see the seniors lose, but is now rooting for Ucheena and Joyce.
    "Good Geppetto, you have given so much happiness to others. You deserve to have your wish come true."

"Geppetto buono, lei ha dato cosí molta felicitŕ agli altri. Lei il derserve di avere il suo desiderio si č realizzato."

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe
    Todd.... may I share your popcorn?

I brought beverages.
    Trade you some popcorn for your beverages!! Mmmmmm, beer!

I'm noticing a trend here.

No one likes the Soldier and the Queen.

Everyone likes U&J and agree that they deserve to win.

Those who like Romber, feel they have to justify why they should win.

I wonder why that is. Think it might be because Boston Rob is such a jerk? Not for me. It is because they didn't have to go through the normal application process to be on the show. If this was Sally and Joe from Boise playing this way, it wouldn't bother me. But using their celebrity to get on the show bothers me. They just went up to Phil at an event and said that they wanted to be on the show. I think Phil should have said, "That's great, just send your tape to the producers and we will consider it." I do think it is great that he didn't know who they were at first. He had to be told.

As for ratings, I don't think Romber made that much of a difference. TAR has consistantly been one of the top rated reality shows and has received 2 or 3 Emmys to prove their success.

I've rambled long enough.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast