Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss The Creative Corner in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen LOL.. that was funny! The first time i saw it, I had my speakers REALLLLL loud, cause i couldn't hear the music. I almost peed my ...
    butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    LOL.. that was funny!
    The first time i saw it, I had my speakers REALLLLL loud, cause i couldn't hear the music. I almost peed my pants, and i screamed SOOOO loud followed by hysterical laughter... I had tears in my eyes....
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

LOL.. that was funny!
    OHHHH my stomach, i just looked at it again....

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    LOL.. i prepare myself for most videos anymore.. i'm waiting for all of them to be like that
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

i'm sure i will.. i havent done anything new for xmas in a while so its time to change it up.. i want a new tree this year.. mine isnt pre light
    I have a boat load of ideas for this year....I'm thinking of putting bulbs/ornaments in a glass vase and putting them in a couple of rooms

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    cool! I'm a big NBC fan myself!

on that Mickey ear tophat.... is that an orange Danzig skull cut out of there? if so, that is awesome. if not, it still looks cool.

If we can dream it, we can do it

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by butlers View Post
    I have a boat load of ideas for this year....I'm thinking of putting bulbs/ornaments in a glass vase and putting them in a couple of rooms
    I did that last year after I saw that done in one of the upscale stores here. My display wasn't as nice as the one in the store, but looking back at the picture, it was pretty good.
    Last edited by mini-V; 10-07-2007 at 02:57 PM. Reason: added photo
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Okay so its been awhile since anyone has posted here so I uploaded a photo of one of my drawings I did in advanced art in Middle school, its of bodie Island lighthouse in the Outerbanks, NC. I'm much better at forced perspective so its not one of my best drawings. I'll so some of my other work tomorrow.

and here is my room in VMK its kinda creative to I think
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    bump

NIce job Lilo I love all the bright colors

IN response to a question from mini-V on the ornament swap thread ...
    QUOTESince I have my ornament completed and in the mail (patting self on back) anyone have ideas for a small table decoration? I have to make multiples for a pub/restaurant area since my organization is in charge of decorating for a party. I saw small gift bags with "easter grass like" stuff, but I would like some other ideas. I don't think the pub has small vases for flowers, but I can check into that. I made stockings to hang on the fireplace that have a English fox hunt theme, and will put candles in 3 - small, medium, large brandy snifters on the mantle with greenery. UNQUOTE

Does the pub/rest have a theme? Are they take home kind or will you want to use them next year too? HMMMM....xmas centerpieces at a pub???? gotta think on this one. Let me finish what I was doing and look at a few sites I freqeunt for ideas.
    Last edited by vixen101485; 11-11-2007 at 10:11 AM.

There are some simple and good ideas here...
    FamilyFun: Christmas Decorations (Winter Seasonal Decor, Holiday Decor) - and More Family Fun
    I like the peppermint tree if you arent planning on using them again next year it also gives the guests something to nosh on after dinner. You could even make them out of different types of sweets

Not sure how fancy/classy you have to be with them??????.

You could do something similar to the candle holders on the mantle but put some greenery around the bottom with some red christmassy flowers, etc as accents. OH....you could decorate the greenery with the candies. Are you putting the glass marbles in the bottom of the snifters. They really make the flames sparkle.

Make sure you let us know what you did ...with pictures of course....LOL
    Last edited by vixen101485; 11-11-2007 at 10:33 AM.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I once did a gingerbread Christmas tree centerpiece using star shaped cookies, large ones on the bottom and using a whole stack of them getting smaller as you go, you put a dab of icing between cookies to keep them stacked and then dust the tree with powdered sugar. It actually keeps for years (mom still has hers) if you let it dry but it is edible, just eat it the same year you made it preferably. I made templates out of cardboard and then cut the dough out using a knife. (It was a Martha Stewart recipe and she had the templates online that you could print and cut out, not sure if those are still around, this was years ago).

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    The pub has that old english theme to it. The decorations should be small and probably not food based since I don't want to attract unwanted "guests". I think there about a dozen small tables and an equal number of booths. The decorations will be up from November 30th to the first week in January. I have white gravel to put in the bottom of the snifters. I don't know that we will be able to light the candles due to fire regs.
    Last edited by mini-V; 11-11-2007 at 12:02 PM.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Get the kind of tealights that are battery operated and use the glass marbles (the flat kind) and they will reflect the light better. I like the idea of continuing the snifters over to the tables, kinda creates a uniform theme of sorts. You can alway use fake candies and wire them well to the greenery so that stupid ppl (and you know you will get them..lol) dont try to scarf them down.

You could even use different types of glasses. Just make sure they are low and non- tippable (prevents accidents and this way ppl can see each other over them ) Nothing I hate worse then going into a restaurant and having to move the stupid thing they have in the middle of the table cause I cant see the person across from me.
    Last edited by vixen101485; 11-11-2007 at 12:21 PM.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Would you be able to use fabric for some sort of table runner? That's a pretty easy way to infuse some color. I like to use mirrors. You can purchase baggies of small round circle shaped mirrors very cheap at craft stores. I kind of sprinkle them around like confetti. They reflect the colors around the room and people are always fascinated with them.
    What is your lighting situation? If they have chandeliers, I would hang greenery from them, intertwined about the lamps. Then you can hang ornaments from them. I would then get similar ornaments and set them on the tables amongst the small mirrors on top of the table runners.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

oooo...that would be pretty...set the glass ware on the mirrors. I thot of table runners too but then realized that the poor staff would have to keep taking them all the way off to clean the table. The mirror would work great to set stuff on so all they would have to do is lift up the mirror and not have to re-arrange them each time.

Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast