Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Sydney White in the Community Center forums; I am thinking about going to see a movie this weekend and was a little interested in the new movie "Sydney White" starring Amanda Bynes. I read the reviews however ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

Sydney White

I am thinking about going to see a movie this weekend and was a little interested in the new movie "Sydney White" starring Amanda Bynes.

I read the reviews however and they were pretty awful. Also a few critics were comparing it to how awful "She's the Man" was. But I actually thought Amanda Bynes was hillarious in "She's the Man." Granted the storyline was far fetched and no one would have believe she was a guy, but I still found it hillarious. The funny thing is, I am not really one for teeny bopper movies, but I enjoyed it. I am wondering if "Sydney White" will be good. Have any of you seen it or thought about going to see it?

Or should I just go to "The Nanny Diaries"?

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I did see Amanda Bynes on the Tonight Show when she was promoting the movie. I had mixed feelings about the movie. I don't think I'll pay full price to see it, but I'll probably rent it at some point. It appears to be a light-hearted piece where you just relax; no screeching cars, bombs going off, or deep discussions on it's hidden meanings.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    I think a lot of critics forget that most of us go to movies just to enjoy ourselves and get a quick break from our lives to look into the world of someone else. We are not always looking for a perfect movie like the critics and everyone else are...That said, I say give the movie a try, its probably good and you will see all the comparrisons to Snow White, just go to enjoy it...

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    The paper here (which I put little confidence in most of the time anyways) said that even though it's predictable, that it's cute, especially to go see with your mother, duaghter, grandmothe, niece, etc...
    Campus takeoff on 'Snow White' offers indelible sweetness | IndyStar.com
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Yes I just saw it today, and while I didn't find it as funny as She's the Man. It was still really cute. I think I made a good choice.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    That might be one that my DD would enjoy. Maybe when it comes out on DVD.