Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Halloween in the Community Center forums; The ultimate Halloween thread. Blab about what you're gonna be this year, think of costume ideas, or just do anything Halloween-related here. Have fun! Alex...

Halloween

The ultimate Halloween thread. Blab about what you're gonna be this year, think of costume ideas, or just do anything Halloween-related here.

Have fun!
    Alex
    there's nothing to get hung about

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    I'll be hosting a halloween party.
    Halloween is not a huge deal over in the UK but my kids love it. We did a party 2 years ago, games like apple bobbing and donuts on string, it was a real laugh. This year will be a whole different bunch of friends as we've moved town since our last party, i just hope they are up for fun. The house will be decorated, we will all dress up, plenty of food and drink, and the kids can have fun without trick-or-treating on the streets as i dont think its safe.
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    The UK does more parties rather than Trick-or-Treating, but even having parties is new. When we were here in the 70's you didn't see Halloween costumes or decorations in the stores. I will be handing out candy at home and at work; Americans will be bringing their kids to trick-or-treat at the office. I have a really cute decoration that I'm just finishing for my door, and if I can find 3 large, plastic galleon jugs, I hope to string some lights through them and decorate them like ghosts to place near the front door.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    The UK does more parties rather than Trick-or-Treating, but even having parties is new. When we were here in the 70's you didn't see Halloween costumes or decorations in the stores. I will be handing out candy at home and at work; Americans will be bringing their kids to trick-or-treat at the office. I have a really cute decoration that I'm just finishing for my door, and if I can find 3 large, plastic galleon jugs, I hope to string some lights through them and decorate them like ghosts to place near the front door.
    LOL....you got that idea from FamilyFun.com didnt you? LOL...I was thinking about making them myself. Lookup spooky spider, I made one today and it is really super huge and so easy to make.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    well of course we are going to be pirates and we will be at disney world,, but before we go we weill be attending a pumpkin festival next weekend and then the 13th the poplin family have our lil fall get together with hayrides and games and food.. then i hope not to miss the trick or treating going on at our local state park its a blast.. the camp ground is always full and they deco. and have contests and such!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    My 4yo niece is going in her Cinderella costume (MNSSHP), my sis and I will be the step sisters, grandma will, of course, be the fairy godmother, and the baby is going as the pumpkin.
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

These all sound like GREAT parties!

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    We like to scare the kids in the neighborhood. We go all out. The week before we carve pumpkins and get all the stuff outside that people can't steal or ruin. The day before, we convert the garage into a little scene. Last year it was my "house" and there were limbs sticking out of traveling cases and small baby sized skeletons hanging all around. I have a cool old chair and lamp that went in that part. We have lifelike scarecrows out that are just old clothes with a mask. My dad ends up dressing up in the same way and sitting in a different chair every year. We have a couple of hidden skeletons. My favorite is one that is dressed as a pirate up on the roof. Then there is one in a coffin. Then we put out witchs around a cauldron that we put a fog machine into so that it is smoking. At night we get a few people(mostly my brother and some friends)to sit around the house, either as dead people that wont move for awhile or just hiding. After all that I end up going to a party. Not sure what I'm going to be this year. I was thinking of a Belle costume but I still havnt gotten around to making it. Might just go as a go-go girl
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

That sounds Uber-Awesome. Can you take a picture when you get the chance?

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    My old college roomate and I meet every year (and have since we first lived together in 98) to go to Halloween Horror nights at that other park....its really really scary and sooo much fun.
    Riley (2yo) is going as "Dumbo" this year....he has a really cute costume all ready to go. We will be going to WDW at some point (pass holder) but not to MNSHP (too $$) depending on the weather I may let him wear it to the park
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

TheCartooner is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    I am going as Cartman from SP

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485 View Post
    LOL....you got that idea from FamilyFun.com didn't you? LOL...I was thinking about making them myself. Lookup spooky spider, I made one today and it is really super huge and so easy to make.
    I was going to add that, but I was hoping at least one person would think I was clever all on my own.
    Someone mentioned scaring kids on Halloween. In our old house we replaced the screen door with a full-view screen door. Since our porch was very narrow, I'd have dh remove the screen, but not put the glass in till after Halloween. The little kids didn't think anything of it, but the older kids nearly jumped backward off the porch when they saw me reach through the door to hand out candy. The frame was there, and they just "thought" they saw glass. It was funny the first year, and then after that, it was the highlight of my Halloween evening.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

I like scaring neighborhood children ....it is the highlight of my year. Reeks tho, we dont get any bodies back in my courtyard.(too dark and one house had problems at one time before we moved in ) Since Donnie, Meghyn and I are doing the group thing this year as Tink, Pan , and Wendy I will prob stay home next year and advertise it. I have tons of tombstones and all kinds of neato stuff to decorate with. I SOOOOO want to make at least 2 more of those big spiders. Wanted to put one on the top of the car but Donnie wont let me. Phoeey on him...I will talk him into it by Halloween. HEHEHEHE!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Had to go check out that site you mentioned Vix, love that spider! The milk jug ghosts are great too, I'll have to keep that site in mind for next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Had to go check out that site you mentioned Vix, love that spider! The milk jug ghosts are great too, I'll have to keep that site in mind for next year!
    It is really awesome when it is done....HUGE THING! Glad I have a spacious attic to store this stuff in. LOL Family Fun has tons of cool and easy crafts to do for all seasons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast