Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss My Avatar in the Community Center forums; I'm sure some of you are wondering who that person in my avatar is...her name is Lisa Moore. She is a character in the Funky Winkerbean comic strip. Yesterday (October ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

My Avatar

I'm sure some of you are wondering who that person in my avatar is...her name is Lisa Moore. She is a character in the Funky Winkerbean comic strip. Yesterday (October 4, 2007) she died from breast cancer. She had it one time before and she made it though it by chemo. But she found out that she has cancer again a few years later...here's the twist she didn't want to go back on chemo she decided to give up. This is just a real brief summary of her story there is a book coming out about her story in the comic. Here is the official homepage of Funky Winkerbean: Funky Winkerbean. There has been many said and done in regards to this comic and the breast cancer story. Some newspapers took it out of the comic page and then were flooded by letters and email demanding it to be put back in. If you would also like to read more stories on this just type it into your favorite search engine.

I'm sure many of you are wondering why do I care...the reason being is that my great-grandmother had breast cancer, but died from cancer on her spine. She was a remarkable woman, but I never got the chance to meet her since she died some years before I was born.

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Last edited by disneyfanatic101; 10-11-2007 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Wrong Info
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Thanks Adam! I was wonder who that was.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com