Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Took Tayen to the Dentist and was so happy i didnt blow it off! in the Community Center forums; when we got there.. the whole place was deco in halloween disney stuff with a splash of scooby doo too... well in the room she got her check up in.. ...
    Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

Took Tayen to the Dentist and was so happy i didnt blow it off!

when we got there.. the whole place was deco in halloween disney stuff with a splash of scooby doo too... well in the room she got her check up in.. they had to big mickey and minnie stautes dressed as pirates! it was awesome!!

and then when we went to leave here comes someone in full FUR!!! it was scooby doo!! and a very good scooby doo costume i might add!

and tayen gave him high 5 and a big hug!!! it was so awesome!

i'm glad i went in.. i was looking for reasons not to leave the house
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Wow! They really get into it don't they? I thought I was gonna read about how they found cavities blabla ..LOL

well they did and i have to pay $350 next month to have her front teeth crowned!! thats with ins.. i let her have cups of milk at night... AUGH! i wish i hadnt done that.. i asked her doc and she said it was fine.. but my dentist said she was looking at it from a docs point of veiw and not a dentist..

but my dentist she had went to the 2nd MNSSHP of the year and she said they had so much fun!! but she said it was crowded and that she enjoyed the princess and pirate party much more..
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Wow! They really get into it don't they? I thought I was gonna read about how they found cavities blabla ..LOL
    That's what I thought it was going to say too! Good first experience for a little one at the dentist! But now she'll probably be expecting that everytime she goes!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    well they did and i have to pay $350 next month to have her front teeth crowned!! thats with ins.. .
    WHAT? Seriously? At her age!?! Wow

Why are they going to crown teeth that are just going to fall out?? And I thought milk was good for your teeth.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Milk is good for the inside of your teeth but when you give your child milk in bed, the milk stays in the mouth and actually rots the teeth, just like sugar would. When we were little my mom would give us diluted juice (basically water that would have some sort of flavor) and that did a number on our baby teeth as well. I only give my boys water and make sure they brush their teeth before bed. Learned from my own experiences! My 5yr old has borderline cavities between his back teeth, that is from not flossing properly, I never thought I had to floss my kids teeth!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    My son hates for his teeth to have anything done to them. He has very poor teeth. He didn't sleep with milk thought...just bad genes I guess. Anyway, he has thrown such huge fits that it is iimpossible to even look into his mouth by a dentist. So either the first week in November or December we will be going into the hospital (not sure how much that will charge) and then the dentist's portion is $1700, and anesthesia $400. And this is the year we decided that we wouldn't take the dental insurance. Can't go back now. Anyway, guess what I will be adding next year! But they will do all of the work they will need to at one time. At his age, they aren't concerned about his front teeth but said if he had been one year younger (age 4), they would be capping his front teeth. But instead we get to fill a few and cap all the ones that are bad.

I like the idea of decorating like they did. That would be soon cool. But I still don't think it would have helped my little dude.

Glad your little one had a good experience!

well i know they are going to fall out but.. my niece knocked out her front teeth and she had to go to speach to learn how to speak without them.. and now she goes to speach to learn how to talk with them... and she still doesnt speak right and its all because of not having her teeth at such a young age... so that is why i really want to try and keep them.. she is only 2 and it would be a LONG TIME before the other come in.

i'm really impressed by her dentist!! they have tv's in the ceiling so they can watch cartoons while they get their teeth cleaned.. tayen screams but it isnt too bad.. not like what i was expecting anyways.... which her last visit they gave me fluoride and we flossed it between the 2 teeth but it still contunied to get worse over a month period.... so we tried to save it.. we go the 14th of next month to do... the are going to giver her some meds and numb it her mouth and do it in office because i didnt want the extra $$... my son had a crown done at 3 in the back for a broke tooth or something and he did very well... was very calm on the drugs and got it done very quickly... so were going to do it that way
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

I wish my dentist had TV's to watch. For me that is. Cassidy does pretty good at the dentist. But she's only had cleanings. If the day comes that she needs a filling I told DH HE'S taking her because I know she won't be happy about it.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com