Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss There be pirates here! in the Community Center forums; My mother told me about this website.(she saw it in a magazine...the woman needs my dad to turn off the puter..lol) Regardless, it is a really neat site and the ...
    vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me

There be pirates here!

My mother told me about this website.(she saw it in a magazine...the woman needs my dad to turn off the puter..lol) Regardless, it is a really neat site and the stuff is super cheap for parties etc. I was going to get some pirate coins at Disney for Meghyn's B-day party but these are way cheaper for more of them. Sorry Mickey. LOL

Welcome to Billy Bones' Pirate Locker
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

I thought by the title that there was going to be pics of Capt. Jack and Will Turner.

Don't tease me like that!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i got bugs at a party store with a pirate loot bag for like $2 i think..
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Pirate related - Not sure if you guys have watched this show called "Party Mamas", I just watched one show this weekend about a mom planning a big pirate themed party for her three year old. Here is a link to the clips, it's episode 9, there are four parts. I literally laughed out loud at the costume store part. Worth the watch, this mama is something else!

Watch videos online - Video Centre - Slice

Click on Party Mamas, full episodes and scroll down to episode 9, part 2 is the best.

AWW it says its not avb. in my country!!!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Oh no! That is strange.....it's not a Canadian show, lemme see if I can find it somewhere else.

Edit: Scratch that, it is a Canadian show! Sorry about that, weird that it won't let you watch it...
    Last edited by Tinker Bell; 10-22-2007 at 07:47 AM.

its so sad.. i would have liked to have seen that!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

unfortunalty the only party store around here is super expensive so I will be ordering offline...SIGH.

I get the same thing about not being in the right country too...strange I only found one short clip of it on Youtube something about a kid skateboarding. I think I would like this show. Tho I dont think I will go overboard. Her's is gonna be like 10 kids (if that many show up)and held at the Salvation Army little activities room. I am so not having a bunch of 4 year olds in my house ---I have too much stuff...lol

Question:::::there are 16 kids in her class, since I cant afford all of them do you think the other parents will get insulted if I only invite the girls even tho it is almost a boy themed party? Of course I will strongly encourage a parent to stay. I am not gonna babysit a bunch of kids for 2 hours...LOL That is why I have to limit it. 15 kids and 15 adults is a lot of ppl. I was thinking of more theming it like PIRATE GIRLS (I would like to use wench but I thot that would be a bit non-kid like...lol) , but POTC themed primarily too. She is the first one in her class to have a birthday so I have to set a precendent for the others...LOL

Here are the plans so far...1.have them come dressed in their best pirate garb (prize for best--commanding officer at Salvation Army can judge to make it fair), 2. use empty Dasani bottles as invites (get corks for the top instead of lids) kinda like a message in a bottle (add some sand or shells and pirate confetti (already have that--I have been stocking up on things since it is Halloween time--cant wait till clearance) I can use these things as prizes etc. 3. Hopefully get Long John Silvers to either sell me or give(the better option) a bunch of their kid meal boxes as treat bags and fill them with coins, plastic jewels, beads and mini copies of the certificate they give you at the pirate tutorial. Maybe if I ask nice they may give me a bunch when we are there next The originals would look cool and save me the money..lol If I see any other cheap multiples on that site I may get them (I try to avoid the candy bit)
    I have to come up with some games yet. I was thinking about making a large box into a treasure chest to put gifts in instead of a gift table (this way we have something to carry them home in too.---I only live about 50 yards from the Salvation Army but still....LOL) Btw...I am telling you all this cause if I write it down I will forget what I did with the paper...I am on here more often them my documents...LOL Plus I get the benefit of ideas of wonderful ppl like y'all (oK, did I kiss up enuf yet? LOL)
    Last edited by vixen101485; 10-22-2007 at 09:34 AM.

well i got hers when i was in Texas down at my moms.. because our places around here are high too!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Still bummed that you guys couldn't watch that. Anyway, this woman spent at least 5 grand on her shindig, rented a sailboat, had three pirate entertainers, lots of props rented from a prop shop. She had three party planners that she would constantly call and yell at, it was all very entertaining to watch. Anyway, she put on this pirate queen costume and I swear to God she looked like a circus tent with a pirate hat on top of it, it was great. She settled on a much lovelier pirate wench costume. (At first she wanted to be a mermaid with a mechanical tail, the clerk looked at her and told her, sorry, you have to move your own tail around here). Ha ha!

I would call my party pirate princesses instead of girls. Do you have any fishing nets handy? That would be cool to use to decorate your room. When we had our pirate party a few years back we used dollar store hula skirts and tacked it around the cake table, gave it a neat caribbean look. We gathered all of our collective costume jewellery and put it all in this treasure chest along with chocolate coins, that was our loot. Girls could pick and choose their jewellery, or that could be a prize when you win a game, go pick a treasure.

For the message in a bottle, that is a good idea, make sure they can get the message out of it! You could make up pirate names for each guest, we did that for our party. You could serve a fruit punch, kids love punch bowls for some reason. (you can spike your batch) lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Still bummed that you guys couldn't watch that. Anyway, this woman spent at least 5 grand on her shindig, rented a sailboat, had three pirate entertainers, lots of props rented from a prop shop. She had three party planners that she would constantly call and yell at, it was all very entertaining to watch. Anyway, she put on this pirate queen costume and I swear to God she looked like a circus tent with a pirate hat on top of it, it was great. She settled on a much lovelier pirate wench costume. (At first she wanted to be a mermaid with a mechanical tail, the clerk looked at her and told her, sorry, you have to move your own tail around here). Ha ha!
    That show sounds like a riot. Ya gotta wonder about ppl sometime

I would call my party pirate princesses instead of girls.I was thinking about that but cant figure out how to work that into decs etc

Do you have any fishing nets handy? That would be cool to use to decorate your room. When we had our pirate party a few years back we used dollar store hula skirts and tacked it around the cake table, gave it a neat caribbean look. I have some stuff in the attic from the Tiki Room bath from the other place that would work. Reed mats and some singing birds. I think I have a parrot up there too

We gathered all of our collective costume jewellery and put it all in this treasure chest along with chocolate coins, that was our loot. Girls could pick and choose their jewellery, or that could be a prize when you win a game, go pick a treasure. That is a good idea but knowing 4 year olds they would spend most of the time trying to decide...

For the message in a bottle, that is a good idea, make sure they can get the message out of it! I plan on rolling it up tight enuf to be able to just shake it out. I did a test run already.(i am such a dork).it works and so much cheaper then the kind you buy
    You could make up pirate names for each guest, we did that for our party. Cool idea, kinda have them on a button or nametag and when they come in pick one out to wear.
    You could serve a fruit punch, kids love punch bowls for some reason. (you can spike your batch) lol I wish I could spike mine but since the Salvation Army kinda frowns on alcohol and I am getting the room free, I think I will refrain from it. LMMEO Tho I may need it later after dealing with preschoolers for 2 hours I am doing juice boxes saves on buying cups..lol

see bold in quote