Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss ** The Parents Activity Corner ** in the Community Center forums; I've wanted to start this thread for a while, now... But, with the twins and my demanding 4 year old, it seemed I could never get around to it! This ...
    butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle

** The Parents Activity Corner **

I've wanted to start this thread for a while, now... But, with the twins and my demanding 4 year old, it seemed I could never get around to it!

This thread will be for us parents and/or sister or aunt to get creative ideas to do with our children. It may be from cool websites you've come across to a nice simple craft project that would be easy for a child to do. Or maybe it's the dress up corner, or a good children's television program and/or station.

So, to kick this thread off. I will include a website, a craft and a book.

* The website would be Noggin.com - They have some awesome games and nice crafts on this site. Lazytown is a favorite.

* The book will be Chicka Chicka Boom Boom! Read this book with plenty of enthusiasm, i'm sure your little one will love it!

* My craft will be a Happy Smily face - you'll need some construction paper, craft stick, pipe cleaners for the nose and mouth, and wiggly eyes...

I hope you'll enjoy this, and let's do a project together, with our kids!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy
    Last edited by butlers; 11-01-2007 at 02:30 PM.
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Great Idea Big B. I will post something later but I have to go pluck tombstones from the the graveyard.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Sweet idea Deb, will try and join in soon!
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

Noggin is a cool station tho I wish they would have stopped playing that candy corn song before Halloween. ****singing.....I dont like candy corn, no I dont like candy corn....Now Meghyn thinks she doesnt like candy corn. Fine...more for me. LOL

HMMMM...a craft for today...think think....

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great idea for a thread! Hope you don't mind if I include some ideas from my site. I figure why re-invent the wheel, right? Sounds like we're talking about the younger ages here so I'll make these posts relevant to the kindergarden/early school age child. If you have an older child, please feel free to go out to Scouting with the Mouse - Home Page and click on the link on the left to review activities by location. One of the locations available for selection is "home" and you'll find lots of ideas of stuff to do with your kids at home that include the magic of Disney.

Anyway, here are my suggestions:

Design a t-shirt for your family to wear. You can do one shirt that each member of the family will wear a copy of or you can do separate shirts for each member of the family. (note this was originally about a Disney trip but you can design t-shirts for any upcoming occasion)

Your child can have a great time getting ready for an upcoming trip or important date by telling everyone about their excitement. They can do this with postcards or stationary. Help your child make these on the computer or by hand using pictures of Disney characters or places.

Make a mobile, collage or drawing of what you want to do when you go to Disney. Or, if you've been relatively recently, do one about what you did.
    Hope these help someone
    Hypermommy

SEEEEEEE. Big B ...didnt I tell you Hypermommy would have good ideas. LOL

With Thanksgiving fast approaching I did a cute little activity with Parker's class when he was in Kindergarten and now we make them every year. They are little edible turkey's which can be used at each person's place setting for Thanksgiving dinner!

Supplies needed:

Keebler Fudge Striped Cookies (2 needed for each turkey)
    chocolate frosting
    chocolate covered cherries
    candy corn
    cinnamon candies

You take the first cookie and place flat on the table then dab a little frosting on the bottom of the chocolate covered cherry to use as a "glue" and place it on top of the cookie. Then add a little more frosting to the back of the chocolate covered cherry and apply the second cookie standing up and down to signify the tail feathers fanned out. The candy corn is used for the beak and the cinnamon candies are used for the eyes. They turn out really cute and the kids will have a blast making them! And best yet...you can eat them after dinner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypermommy View Post
    Great idea for a thread! Hope you don't mind if I include some ideas from my site. I figure why re-invent the wheel, right? Sounds like we're talking about the younger ages here so I'll make these posts relevant to the kindergarden/early school age child. If you have an older child, please feel free to go out to Scouting with the Mouse - Home Page and click on the link on the left to review activities by location. One of the locations available for selection is "home" and you'll find lots of ideas of stuff to do with your kids at home that include the magic of Disney.

Great Idea Hypermommy! I will definitely check out your web page......

LOL. Yeah, you told me Big Vix....

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    With Thanksgiving fast approaching I did a cute little activity with Parker's class when he was in Kindergarten and now we make them every year. They are little edible turkey's which can be used at each person's place setting for Thanksgiving dinner!

Supplies needed:

Keebler Fudge Striped Cookies (2 needed for each turkey)
    chocolate frosting
    chocolate covered cherries
    candy corn
    cinnamon candies

You take the first cookie and place flat on the table then dab a little frosting on the bottom of the chocolate covered cherry to use as a "glue" and place it on top of the cookie. Then add a little more frosting to the back of the chocolate covered cherry and apply the second cookie standing up and down to signify the tail feathers fanned out. The candy corn is used for the beak and the cinnamon candies are used for the eyes. They turn out really cute and the kids will have a blast making them! And best yet...you can eat them after dinner!

Those sound really cute. Do you have a pic? I do better with visuals. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485 View Post
    Those sound really cute. Do you have a pic? I do better with visuals. LOL
    Oh dear Lord....you want me to find a photo? I probably do have one....let me look.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    Oh dear Lord....you want me to find a photo? I probably do have one....let me look.
    yeah woman. we want pictures. It does sound neat for the kids to do. And besides, no glue gun needed Since my husband has banned me from it.... LOL

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I always liked to make mouths out of apples. You cut the apples into slices and take two of them. Place peanut butter (this is hard to do) on one side of each slice and spread it on the apple. Add marshmellows for teeth and put the other apple slice on top. It is pretty cute!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Most of my other ideas involve my kids going outside or playing at someone else's house..... not real creative! lol

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    In no way is this my own idea but I saw this at a clients house, it was a tabletop Christmas tree made out of little cut out hand shapes. Have your child paint or draw anything on a large cardstock sheet, then have the child trace around his/her hand, cut with scissors, repeat a bunch of times. Then take the scissors and curl the fingers of the cut out hands and assemble.

Make a cone out of cardboard and glue the hands all around. Start with three hands and fold the "wrists" together to form the top of the tree, then make another layer using 5 hands and place underneath and so on. I hope I am explaining this properly! Maybe I can find a pic. You could use different color cardboard too.
    Last edited by Tinker Bell; 11-02-2007 at 05:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast