Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Disneydarlings fab home makeover in the Community Center forums; So Caroline (tinker bell) Pm'd me and suggested that I do a sister thread to hers...seeing as we both moved within the same time frame. I am only renting so ...
    disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe

Disneydarlings fab home makeover

So Caroline (tinker bell) Pm'd me and suggested that I do a sister thread to hers...seeing as we both moved within the same time frame. I am only renting so I can't make huge changes, but I would welcome suggestions on how to cheer things up a bit....

SO here it is

The front

The kitchen pre- move in, the door goes to a small laundry room.

Dining area pre move in

This is the living area...hard to take a pic but it has vaulted ceilings - which i love. My old apartment was pre-war and had false ceilings put in when they added air conditioning - at 5'7 I could reach up and touch the ceiling flat footed...not good! This is so much easier to...breath in!

This is the hallway which connects the living areas to the sleeping areas. If you go left you will be in my sons room, straight back to may room and bath, and on the right is the 2nd bath...ok so if you are stalking me, you now know exactly where to go....yikes

Ok - so thats about it

PROS
    High ceilings, big bedrooms, open floor plan

CONS
    Just renting, can't change much, outdated appliances, lots of trees outside so kinda dark and shady inside
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

So now for the (still in progress) after

This is the view as you walk in through the front door. The kitchen and dining areas would be on your right

This is the view from the living room facing towards the front door

And here is my cluttered little late 1970s ktchen

This is facing the front foor (on the right) and the laundry room door (on the left)

Last edited by disneydarling; 11-02-2007 at 08:55 PM.

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Wonderful start so far Meg..... Keep on giving us information... FOR THE STALKERS OF COURSE I bet your son is loving it though
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Here's the bambino's room as you walk in - notice the disney touches!

And his big boy bed

This is the guest bedroom - it has a surfer beach theme (might be a good idea for you too Caroline). I really like this room - the pics don't do it justice b/c you can;t get everything in one shot

And here's the master um...toilet...again bad pic - the material is not nearly as shiny as it looks in this pic

And this is my nest...I love my room...it is huge and has a walk in closet. I spend many hours sitting on this bed with my laptop talking to all of you crazy people
    Since this pic was taken I added a mission style headboard. There is a hope chest with my tv on the opposite wall

Ok - so any suggestions on how to make my rented house feel like a home? And how to disneyfy it up a little , hehehe

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    So where would I sleep in this surfer guest bedroom? LOL, just teasing. I like the theme.

Can you paint or is that a no-no? You could do wall clings in Riley's room, the ones that peel off. I saw Disney light switch stickers at Home Depot this week. They also had tile stickers, those were really cute.

I would dress the windows with curtains to bring in some color if you can't paint, it also cozies up a room really nicely. Doesn't have to be expensive to look nice either.

I love how much space you have, lucky!

Love your quilt too, did someone make it for you?

My grandmother made me that quilt from scraps of clothes that she wore in the 30's and I wore in the 80's (when we were litlle)..it is my favorite prossesion - next to the bear on my bed - i would go back into a burning building for either one

oops = meant surfer guest BATHroom...but i guess you picked up on that

The BEST part about my house is that it is just over an hours drive to WDW

Hmmmm...perhaps I will go tommorow

hehehe

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Okay, okay, stop rubbing it in!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    We are in between houses right now and renting too. I have not decorated at all. I just feel like it isn't my house which is sad. I love that you have started decorating. I wish I had some suggestions... I need some from you I think!
    Dreams Really Do Come True