Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Some Christmas Fun in the Community Center forums; I found this on another great site I visit. Have fun!! 1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I usually wrap, but sometimes I bag. 2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial ...

Some Christmas Fun

I found this on another great site I visit. Have fun!!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I usually wrap, but sometimes I bag.
    2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial
    3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever I have time. Usually Thanksgiving weekend
    4. When do you take the tree down? January 11th. Has to stay up for my birthday on the 10th
    5. Do you like egg nog? NOPE
    6. Clear or colored lights? clear
    7. Do you have a nativity scene? yes, and baby Jesus only comes out Christmas Day
    8. Hardest person to buy for? MIL and FIL
    9. Easiest person to buy for? My daughter
    10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail-mostly
    11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? pretty much everything from my uncle.
    12. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story--Oh FUDGE!! A Christmas Carol- "Come in and know me better man."
    13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? January
    14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yep
    15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? shrimp dip
    16. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night-I usually cry when I here it.
    17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home.
    18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen . . . and Rudolph.
    19. Angel on the tree top or a star? My Mickey Snowman hat
    20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning, but some on Christmas Eve at inlaws
    21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Scrooges that think it's all about them.
    22. Favorite ornament theme or color? My tree is covered in Disney ornaments with a few Star Wars ones.
    23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? We normally have ham but this year DH is making a strip loin.
    24.Sleep in or up at the crack of dawn? I prefer to sleep in but Cassidy doesn't want to
    25. What do you want for Christmas this year? PEACE ON EARTH!!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both
    3. When do you put up the tree? It depends.
    4. When do you take the tree down? It also depends.
    5. Do you like egg nog? No
    6. Clear or colored lights? Both but this year we bough a pre-lit tree and it had clear lights
    7. Do you have a nativity scene? No
    8. Hardest person to buy for? Mom and Dad
    9. Easiest person to buy for? Nobody
    10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
    11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Nothing
    12. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story-it is a classic
    13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December 26
    14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No
    15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Desserts
    16. Favorite Christmas song? Too many to choose
    18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dancer, Dasher, Vixen,Rudolph,Comet,Blitzen,Doner
    19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel
    20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning Morning
    21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? When my parents won't wake up
    22. Favorite ornament theme or color? My Tinker Bell and Pooh light-up snow globe ornaments
    23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham and all that good stuff
    24.Sleep in or up at the crack of dawn? Crack of dawn but my parents always want to sleep in
    25. What do you want for Christmas this year? For my dad to come home from the war

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like wrapping better but hard to wrap items get bagged.
    3. When do you put up the tree? End of November.
    4. When do you take the tree down? First week of January, whenever I have time.
    5. Do you like egg nog? I am allergic to raw eggs.
    6. Clear or colored lights? Clear inside, color outside, this year anyway.
    7. Do you have a nativity scene? No.
    8. Hardest person to buy for? Mom
    9. Easiest person to buy for? My boys
    11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? In an office gift exchange, an ugly gel candle.
    12. Favorite Christmas movie? Christmas Vacation, I like The Santa Clause a lot, and Elf.
    13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November.
    14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so.
    15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Chocolate, but that is all year long, really.
    16. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells.
    18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Blitzen, Rudolph, Prancer, Vixen, Happy and Bashful.
    19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star made by my then 4 year old son.
    20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? This year will be morning.
    21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? How people try to overdo everything. Let it be about the simple pleasures.
    22. Favorite ornament theme or color? There is no rhyme or reason to my tree. Just a collection of favorite ornaments.
    23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey, cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes.
    24.Sleep in or up at the crack of dawn? I get to sleep in this year actually.
    25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Good health for my family and friends.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Depends, but bagging is easiest
    3. When do you put up the tree? When not boycotting, Black Friday.
    4. When do you take the tree down? After Epiphany...although my current record is June.
    5. Do you like egg nog? Yes, just bought some...now to doctor it up.
    7. Do you have a nativity scene? Well, I did receive one as a gift. It was hideously ugly and tacky, so it got tossed. I need to buy one. I'm thinking I like the Lenox one. My mom won't give up hers...doesn't she know my grandmother painted that? And we all know, granddaughter trumps daughter in handing down of Christmas decorations...right...who's with me?!?!
    8. Hardest person to buy for? The in laws
    9. Easiest person to buy for? DH, but he's also the most expensive to buy for so...
    11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? ugly and tacky nativity scene
    12. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story "Where's the glue?" "We're out of glue." "You used up all the glue on purpose! Notafinger!!" With as much dignity as he could muster, the Old Man gathered up the sad remains of his shattered Major Award. Later that night, alone in the backyard, he buried it next to the garage. Now I could never be sure, but I thought that I heard the sound of "Taps" being played. Gently.
    13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Sometime in the Fall I guess
    14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Of course, it was required.
    15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies
    16. Favorite Christmas song? Too many to name really, but let's pick one at random and go with....."O Holy Night"
    17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home
    18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes
    19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Again when not boycotting, I have a Victorian Teddy Bear dressed as Santa. There's never been an angel on my tree. And, the star only lasted 1 or 2 years on the tree when I was child. We're really not star or angel people...
    20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning preferably!
    21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Not having the time/money to spend with/on the people you care most about.
    22. Favorite ornament theme or color? I really love ornaments from places around the world.
    23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I've been informed it's prime rib this year, that'll work. I wonder she'll be making some braciole this upcoming week...
    24.Sleep in or up at the crack of dawn? Sleep
    25. What do you want for Christmas this year? My DH to have a new job with better hours, better pay, better benefits, and shorter commute.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrap. And they all must match. This year I ordered the personalized gift tags and then the wrapping paper to match.
    3. When do you put up the tree? It depends on how bad the mail is. Right now the tree is stuck in storage so sadly, it is not going up.
    4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the first week of January.
    5. Do you like egg nog? Just the name makes me gag a little.
    6. Clear or colored lights? Clear and sparkly. I do have a couple of 4 foot skinny foyer trees that I often put just red lights on. Sadly, also stuck in storage.
    7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes- I have a couple of very beautiful ones.
    8. Hardest person to buy for? My husband. Anytime he wants something he just buys it. Hate that!
    9. Easiest person to buy for? Myself! I may actually wrap one up this year!
    10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, though they aren't all out yet! Kind of like, the cobbler's sons never having shoes.
    11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My mother went thru a really ugly clothing kick for a few years. Luckily she's moved on to jewelry.
    12. Favorite Christmas movie? I don't really have one, I do however have some that you couldn't pay me to watch.
    13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The day after Thanksgiving. This year I fizzled in the middle and just finished.
    14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Abso-stinking-lutely. Just don't tell anyone.
    15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? The shrimp tree that my mom always makes with the little Santa on top.
    16. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night. Especially if sung by my Uncle during the Christmas Eve midnight service at church.
    17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel- though luckily not far this year!
    18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes!
    19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Always a star- a beautiful crystal one. It's kind of heavy. When I was little we had a tree that snowed and there was an angel on top. The snow would rain down out of her skirt. Kind of weird.
    20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve with DH's family, Christmas morning with mine.
    21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People who drive like idiots.
    22. Favorite ornament theme or color? My mother has a tree with all crystal clear ornaments and each year she changes the color of the lights. It is very pretty. My main tree is usually a mish mash of randomness. I usually also have an all snowman tree and an all Santa tree. I should have an all glitter tree!
    23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Party potatoes.
    24.Sleep in or up at the crack of dawn? Sleep in until my niece calls because she can't stand it anymore.
    25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Nicki's dad to come home.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? both
    3. When do you put up the tree? the week after Thanksgiving
    4. When do you take the tree down? second week of January or so
    5. Do you like egg nog? Yes but I have to water it down with milk so it's not so thick
    7. Do you have a nativity scene? does the one I made out of a toy horse stable and disney characters count?
    8. Hardest person to buy for? MIL
    9. Easiest person to buy for? the little monster
    10. Mail or email Christmas cards? neither usuallly
    11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? whatever my mom buys
    12. Favorite Christmas movie? Single Santa Seeks Mrs. Claus and Meet the Santas from ABC family channel
    13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? as soon as stuff goes on clearance from the prior one
    14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes
    15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? cookies
    16. Favorite Christmas song? One little Christmas tree
    17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? stay home
    18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? yes
    19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Tink on a star this year, Donnie has a Steeler helmet on his tree
    20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? as I get them
    21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? stupid people...OH WAIT...that is year round in this area.
    22. Favorite ornament theme or color? DUH! Disney , you have to ask?
    23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham and mashed potatoes.
    24.Sleep in or up at the crack of dawn? I am not a morning person
    25. What do you want for Christmas this year? a good education and properity for all and oh yeah, World Peace ....oh... you mean this isnt the Miss USA pagent? IN that case I will take a trip to Disney
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrap. And they all must match. This year I ordered the personalized gift tags and then the wrapping paper to match.
    5. Do you like egg nog? Just the name makes me gag a little.
    15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? The shrimp tree that my mom always makes with the little Santa on top.
    19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Always a star- a beautiful crystal one. It's kind of heavy. When I was little we had a tree that snowed and there was an angel on top. The snow would rain down out of her skirt. Kind of weird.
    I had to comment:

1- I want a pretty gift!
    5- LOL, never really realized that.
    15- I would like to hear more about this shrimp tree.
    19 - Weird is right! Snow down out her skirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    I had to comment:

1- I want a pretty gift!
    5- LOL, never really realized that.
    15- I would like to hear more about this shrimp tree.
    19 - Weird is right! Snow down out her skirt?
    Hee! Hee!
    1. Already may have bought it- and you know it will be pretty. I love to look at all the pretty packages under the tree without even caring what is inside them.
    15. She takes a table top styrofoam tree and wraps it in aluminum foil. She then peels and deveins what must be hundreds of shrimps, marinates them in a little garlic and white wine and then attaches them to the tree with toothpicks. It usually sits atop a shiny silver platter also scattered with shrimps for those of us who are too in a hurry to pluck them off the tree. She makes her own cocktail sauce too. I am thinking the chef gene skipped my generation.
    19. It was maybe a 7 foot tall artificial tree that plugged in. The trunk was hollow and under the tree was a a giant reservoir that held little teeny styrofoam pellets. You turned it on and the pellets would travel up the trunk and shoot out the top, under the angel's skirt and fall down the tree. Many of them would stick to the branches like snow and then many would collect in the reservoir and travel back up and fall again. As a child it was just mesmerizing to watch. My mother does not have fond memories of all the vacuuming.

Hee! Hee!
    1. Already may have bought it- and you know it will be pretty. I love to look at all the pretty packages under the tree without even caring what is inside them.
    15. She takes a table top styrofoam tree and wraps it in aluminum foil. She then peels and deveins what must be hundreds of shrimps, marinates them in a little garlic and white wine and then attaches them to the tree with toothpicks. It usually sits atop a shiny silver platter also scattered with shrimps for those of us who are too in a hurry to pluck them off the tree. She makes her own cocktail sauce too. I am thinking the chef gene skipped my generation.
    19. It was maybe a 7 foot tall artificial tree that plugged in. The trunk was hollow and under the tree was a a giant reservoir that held little teeny styrofoam pellets. You turned it on and the pellets would travel up the trunk and shoot out the top, under the angel's skirt and fall down the tree. Many of them would stick to the branches like snow and then many would collect in the reservoir and travel back up and fall again. As a child it was just mesmerizing to watch. My mother does not have fond memories of all the vacuuming.
    A present? For me? Yay!

I like that shrimp tree idea. I would probably just get shrimp rings and arrange them on the tree. Must look great on the table.

That tree sounds like a hoot but I can only imagine the mess factor.

flutter is offline Moderator
    1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrap
    2. Real tree or Artificial? usually real, small fake one this year
    3. When do you put up the tree? after I get home from Mousefest
    4. When do you take the tree down? after new years
    5. Do you like egg nog? Yes
    6. Clear or colored lights? colored
    7. Do you have a nativity scene? no, I'm a heathen
    8. Hardest person to buy for? in-laws
    9. Easiest person to buy for? Erica
    10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail if anything
    11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? probably clothes from in-laws
    12. Favorite Christmas movie? Grinch who stole Christmas
    13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? end of Nov or so
    14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes
    15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? candy canes
    16. Favorite Christmas song? Bruce Springsteens Santa Claus is coming to town
    17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? stay home
    18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? yes
    19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel
    20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? morning
    21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? crowds
    22. Favorite ornament theme or color? can't say that Ihave one, although I love my Pirate wreath
    23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham
    24.Sleep in or up at the crack of dawn? I am not a morning person
    25. What do you want for Christmas this year? POTC at Worlds end..and park passes for Marathon weekend

Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    22. Favorite ornament theme or color? can't say that Ihave one, although I love my Pirate wreath
    I am working on making myself a matching one.

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I usually wrap, but sometimes I bag.
    3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving Day
    4. When do you take the tree down? The weekend after the New Year
    5. Do you like egg nog? It's alright.....I don't break my neck to go buy it....
    6. Clear or colored lights? Both
    7. Do you have a nativity scene? surprisingly no... Can you believe that. Me, of all people don't have one
    8. Hardest person to buy for? SIL's
    9. Easiest person to buy for? my children
    10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail of course
    11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I haven't received a worst one yet
    12. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Carol- but there is so many behind that one though
    13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? August
    14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? this year, i did... shhhh, don't tell though
    15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? chocolates, and all sorts of other goodies
    16. Favorite Christmas song? The Christmas song - nobody does like Nat King Cole
    18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yeah, it just took me 30 years, but i think i got it
    19. Angel on the tree top or a star? A Star this year
    20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning
    21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Scrooges that think it's all about them and the screaming PARENTS {I just want to say, go sat down somewheres}
    22. Favorite ornament theme or color? My tree has ornaments from Disney to elegant.....go figure
    23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey and dressing, oh wait, shrimp dip, oh darn, it's...it's...ALL THE FOOD
    24.Sleep in or up at the crack of dawn? Sleep in, with my kids?!?! we are up at 4 am
    25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I wish for you all to show your love to a stranger... And, i would really love if Nicki's dad {nicki12} could surpirse them - what an awesome gift that would be...
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Hee! Hee!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    A present? For me? Yay!
    BAH HUMBUG.... I knew you loved her more than me.... No present for me

Hee! Hee!
    purrrrrrr, i just got chills... That's sounds soooooo yummy....

Quote Originally Posted by butlers View Post
    BAH HUMBUG.... I knew you loved her more than me.... No present for me
    Knock it off. You know I you too.
    And what was that about giving our love to a stranger? Hmmm.... check.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast