Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Phoenix/Scottsdale in the Community Center forums; My wife is considering accepting a transfer to work in downtown Phoenix for a Fortune 100 Company. We have 2 children - 4 year-old daugther and 9 month old daughter. ...
    ajcinbrla is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Phoenix/Scottsdale

My wife is considering accepting a transfer to work in downtown Phoenix for a Fortune 100 Company.

We have 2 children - 4 year-old daugther and 9 month old daughter.

Any recommendations on areas to look for housing and/or schools? I've been doing some research and have some ideas, but nothing really concrete. We are going out in the beginning of February.

All responses are appreciated.

thanks, ajc

drubloomfield is offline A-Ticket holder
    You can check out specific schools and their "report cards" at ade(dot)az(dot)gov. The Scottsdale School district's web site is: susd(dot)org. Paradise Valley school district serves the north and northeast Phoenix/Scottsdale areas and that web address is: cmweb(dot)pvschools(dot)net. There are also a number of charter and private schools in the area too.

Part of your perspective (and experience) will depend on the state you are moving here from. My son (now 16) has been in the Scottsdale district since he was 3, and I've been very happy. Feel free to contact me, if you have specific questions.

I'm also a real estate agent, and can help with housing questions, if you like.

(This is my first time to post here, so I can't put links in. You will need to substitute periods for "(dot)".)