Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Dubailand...WOW! in the Community Center forums; Look at what the size of this place is going to be. It's going to be enormous. If this were located in the states Disney might need to be worried. ...
    SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder

Dubailand...WOW!

Look at what the size of this place is going to be. It's going to be enormous. If this were located in the states Disney might need to be worried.

DUBAILAND™

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Interesting. So what exactly does 3 Billion square feet work out to in square mileage. Yeah yeah I could go get a calculator but this is my "I dont have to do math if I dont wanna" time WDW is what? 47 Square miles? right? Give or take. Easier to get a vision of how big that way.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485 View Post
    Interesting. So what exactly does 3 Billion square feet work out to in square mileage. Yeah yeah I could go get a calculator but this is my "I dont have to do math if I dont wanna" time WDW is what? 47 Square miles? right? Give or take. Easier to get a vision of how big that way.
    I think it ends up being 107 or so square miles?
    Last edited by SoupBone; 01-29-2008 at 06:10 PM.

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Yes - it is 107.6 square miles
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    So about twice the size of WDW then. Wow, they must reallllllllly gonna be squeezing all that stuff in there. 55 hotels even multi story ones are gonna be taking up a big chunk of that. Not to mention all that other stuff. 100 square miles seems a lot but look at all the stuff they are putting in that space. Aquariums, amusement parks, race tracks, hotels, living facilities, restaurants, museums, cultural centers, educational venues, etc. That is a lot of stuff. Unless they are not planning on having much open air spaces or just making things sound bigger then what they are. I just love how in the descriptions on how large things are gonna be they use sq. feet as oppsed to sq miles on those bigger one...50 million square feet sounds so much bigger then it's equivalent in mileage. Which would be my math geniuses? Hey I didnt figure the first one, think I'm gonna do this one? LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    From what I read, it seems to me to be kind of like Walt's original Epcot project, in that people will actually live there.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by SoupBone View Post
    Look at what the size of this place is going to be. It's going to be enormous. If this were located in the states Disney might need to be worried.

DUBAILANDô
    Wow, that is an impressive undertaking. I wonder how many people from around the world would enjoy a family vacation in the Persian Gulf????
    How many of us would travel to the Persian Gulf to vacation?

If my geography recall is still with me it sits between Saudi, Iran and Oman. Just never thought of the area as a vacation destination.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    That is even more impressive then the indoor ski slope they built somewhere in that part of the world.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Not to criticize, but Geography is one of my hobbies. I think you are thinking of Qutar. Iran is on the opposite shore across the Strait of Hormuz and the Persain Gulf. Just FYI! But you were very close!
    - Matt

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485 View Post
    So about twice the size of WDW then. Wow, they must reallllllllly gonna be squeezing all that stuff in there. 55 hotels even multi story ones are gonna be taking up a big chunk of that. Not to mention all that other stuff. 100 square miles seems a lot but look at all the stuff they are putting in that space. Aquariums, amusement parks, race tracks, hotels, living facilities, restaurants, museums, cultural centers, educational venues, etc. That is a lot of stuff. Unless they are not planning on having much open air spaces or just making things sound bigger then what they are. I just love how in the descriptions on how large things are gonna be they use sq. feet as oppsed to sq miles on those bigger one...50 million square feet sounds so much bigger then it's equivalent in mileage. Which would be my math geniuses? Hey I didnt figure the first one, think I'm gonna do this one? LOL
    50 million square feet is 1.8 square miles

Yes - I know - I am a nerd
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by mattj4226 View Post
    Not to criticize, but Geography is one of my hobbies. I think you are thinking of Qutar. Iran is on the opposite shore across the Strait of Hormuz and the Persain Gulf. Just FYI! But you were very close!
    And here is the map of the surrounding countries of the Persian Gulf region...........Qatar is yet another country within that region beyond the ones I mentioned indeed. An island much like Florida!

Image:Tc-map.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 01-31-2008 at 12:38 AM.

Oh ok. I forgot about Oman's little "cap" on top of the U.A.E.. I thought that was all part of the Emirates, that's why I brought in the Strait. This is also where that incident between the U.S. naval convoy and Iranian "patrol" boats occured.

I think mostly Europeans and other people from that part of the world vacation there.
    - Matt

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I'm liking this thread, it's very educational
    1 square mile = 640 acres (just thought I'd throw that in there)

It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Oh ok. I forgot about Oman's little "cap" on top of the U.A.E.. I thought that was all part of the Emirates, that's why I brought in the Strait. This is also where that incident between the U.S. naval convoy and Iranian "patrol" boats occurred

Image:Tc-map.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

See, we middle aged Mom's still know stuff, remember this when you are debating at the dinner table, (lol) Now lets see if my raisin brain allows me to recall my various passwords!

You got me! I tip my hat at you.
    - Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast