Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Ask a Skipper! in the Community Center forums; Dear Skipper, When you do go back to being a skipper at the Jungle Cruise, would you mind picking me up a few of the jewels inside the shrine tunnel ...
    Dear Skipper,

When you do go back to being a skipper at the Jungle Cruise, would you mind picking me up a few of the jewels inside the shrine tunnel to help fund our next WDW trip.

SIgned,
    Really want to add a countdown ticker to my signature!

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    Dear Skipper,

When you do go back to being a skipper at the Jungle Cruise, would you mind picking me up a few of the jewels inside the shrine tunnel to help fund our next WDW trip.

SIgned,
    Really want to add a countdown ticker to my signature!
    Dear tickered off parent,

No. Why don't you have your son grab a few jewels when you toss him overboard, just tell him to avoid the cobras and the curse of Monkey Buddha

Signed,
    Snakes, why did it have to be snakes?!

ilivemylifeasme is offline A-Ticket holder
    Now, I've read this, and must have rechecked five times but I still can't believe it...WDW's Jungle Cruise really has fast passes? Is that necessary, really?

Disneyland's Jungle Cruise almost never has a line. But, it does have piranhas!

Quote Originally Posted by ilivemylifeasme View Post
    Now, I've read this, and must have rechecked five times but I still can't believe it...WDW's Jungle Cruise really has fast passes? Is that necessary, really?

Disneyland's Jungle Cruise almost never has a line. But, it does have piranhas!
    Yes, unfortunately we do have FP because I guess we're just so popular. There have been days when we don't feel the need to run fast pass so we close them off and have everyone wait through normal standby line and believe me, that loooong line you're used to seeing was cut down by half and always on the move because no one using FP, imagine that? The only downside was there were a lot of upset people wondering why our FP machines weren't working today and that they've ruined their perfect schedule, etc. Just get in line, and you'll be on a boat in about 10 - 15 minutes, no sweat. "But the sign says 20" "Arent' we forgetting there's no FP line going through, so it's only standby? you should be on a boat pretty quickly" "well, if you say so *rolls eyes*" Lovely people, aren't they? I think there's somewhere else where I've posted my feelings towards FP and how they should do away with it all, but somehow I'm doubting that'll ever happen. HM used to have FP, but doesn't anymore, and somehow 'looks' to have a long winding line outside, but only takes a matter of about 10 minutes because we were constantly on the move, literally. I guess those maids and butlers really know how to pack 'em in quickly

Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder
    1) What's your favorite part of the spiel?
    2)Are there any sketches you do with other skippers on boats passsing?
    999,999 score on BLSRS! Galactic Hero!

I love working in the Theme Park Industry!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiddenmickeyboy View Post
    1) What's your favorite part of the spiel?
    2)Are there any sketches you do with other skippers on boats passsing?
    1) It's all good and bad at the same time which makes it GREAT! (yes, I know the previous sentence makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, and neither does Jungle Cruise, so it's all good) I like temple scene the best, because I don't have to spiel in there and get a little breather and let someone else steer us into danger so it's not my fault if the boat crashes, it's someone's kid's fault Nah, really I do enjoy picking a kid sitting up front to have take over the boat, getting them involved and their family involved too makes them feel like part of the attraction, and to see the kid's face light up from scared out of their minds to a "Hey, I made it out alive!" face is priceless, and then we get to the Indian elephants and that scared out of their minds face comes back for a surprise visit, hehe

2) The only place were boats 'pass' by is by Schwietzer Falls, and no, we don't have any sketches we do as we pass, because even though you can see the other boat, we're technically in two different show scenes and two different parts of the spiel and they both don't have time for "Hey, look at the weirdo in khaki in that boat over there, feel sorry for the people on that boat." However, there are some things several skippers do with other boats during backups by Chief Namee, such as getting your boat to say "Hi other boat" on the count of three, 1 . . . 2 . . . 3! "HI OTHER BOAT!" and then 7 seconds later, have the other boat reply back with some witty comment, and it could go on back and forth for hours. There has been one time we've done 'the wave' like you would do at a sports stadium, starting from the front of the first boat in the backup and going as far down as possible, hopefully onward to the next boat, and so on.

Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thanks!
    999,999 score on BLSRS! Galactic Hero!

I love working in the Theme Park Industry!

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    What is an Albino Pygmy?

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Break it down to the two words, and look them up in a dictionary:

al·bi·no /ælˈbaɪnoʊ or, especially Brit., -ˈbi-/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[al-bahy-noh or, especially Brit., -bee-]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun, plural -nos.
    1.a person with pale skin, light hair, pinkish eyes, and visual abnormalities resulting from a hereditary inability to produce the pigment melanin.
    2.an animal or plant with a marked deficiency in pigmentation.
    3.Philately. an embossed stamp accidentally left without ink.

Pyg·my /ˈpɪgmi/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pig-mee]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciationnoun, plural -mies, adjective
    –noun
    1.Anthropology.
    a.a member of a small-statured people native to equatorial Africa.
    b.a Negrito of southeastern Asia, or of the Andaman or Philippine islands.
    2.(lowercase) a small or dwarfish person.
    3.(lowercase) anything very small of its kind.
    4.(lowercase) a person who is of small importance, or who has some quality, attribute, etc., in very small measure.
    5.Classical Mythology. (in the Iliad) one of a race of dwarfs who fought battles with cranes, who preyed on them and destroyed their fields.
    –adjective
    6.(often lowercase) of or pertaining to the Pygmies.
    7.(lowercase) of very small size, capacity, power, etc.

So, put the two together, and what do you get? On second thought, nevermind that question. Next!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Dear Pygmy,

Why is the water on the jungle cruise so dirty?

Signed,
    Wants to Go Swimming
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Dear Pygmy,

Why is the water on the jungle cruise so dirty?

Signed,
    Wants to Go Swimming
    Dear Wants to get Jungle Fever the worst possible way,

Because isn't that how Jungle water supposted to be like? Even though the water is fake, every morning just before sunrise, we add some "instant Jungle water" packets in the river right by the waterfall, and let the waterfall do the work as it churns and brews the best Jungle Cruise water, ever! Actually, our Jungle water is clear with jungle leaves and twigs, the reason why it's brown is because of the hippos and elephants aren't following their dietary guidelines and unfortunately eat the wrong types of plants which usually goes right through their system and, well, out the other end and ends up guess where? In the water! So yeah, if you really wanna go swimming, I'd say either try Pirates or Small World for a quick dip, but I'm not so sure what the pirates would do with their water, and I don't trust a bunch of little kids singing the same song over and over in 37 different languages either, they might do something to effect the water to cause massive boat backups or something. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Signed,
    Albino "Instant skipper, just add Jungle water" Pygmy

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    1) However, there are some things several skippers do with other boats during backups by Chief Namee, such as getting your boat to say "Hi other boat" on the count of three, 1 . . . 2 . . . 3! "HI OTHER BOAT!" and then 7 seconds later, have the other boat reply back with some witty comment, and it could go on back and forth for hours. There has been one time we've done 'the wave' like you would do at a sports stadium, starting from the front of the first boat in the backup and going as far down as possible, hopefully onward to the next boat, and so on.
    Now that sounds like fun cruise. In the dozens of the times I've ridden that ride I've never been stuck in a back-up. Normally that is good fortune, now it sounds like we've missed some entertainment along the way.

I love this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Now that sounds like fun cruise. In the dozens of the times I've ridden that ride I've never been stuck in a back-up. Normally that is good fortune, now it sounds like we've missed some entertainment along the way.

I love this thread!
    Aww, you've never been in a back up? Not even stopped just around the corner? Wow, that's impressive.
    Here's what you've been missing out: YouTube - Jungle Skippers Stall for Time

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Have you ever gone totally blank on your spiel?

singed
    had to think of SOMETHING to ask....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
    Have you ever gone totally blank on your spiel?

singed
    had to think of SOMETHING to ask....
    I haven't gone 'totally' blank on my spiel but have had some strange remarks from people that have caused me to blank out and lose track of my spiel, but I do manage to get back on my spiel, and probably would find ways to make fun of whatever remark was said later on in the same cruise to make it more personal. I had this one lady sit near the front didn't look like she was enjoying the cruise, so I pretty much ignored her up until we get to the attacking natives scene and I shout "GET DOWN! GET DOWN! Don't worry about looking stupid, I'm doing that for you!" And immediately after that, she jumps for joy and yells out "HE SAID IT! HE SAID IT!" During the usual backup, I mention that I have never had an excited crew of 1 person who loves me being stupid for them, and I think that just about made her day.

Signed . . . umm . . . yeah, what was I gonna say again?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast