Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Ask a Skipper! in the Community Center forums; Has there ever been a person that thought the animals were real and asked about what you feed them or stuff like that?...
    Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Has there ever been a person that thought the animals were real and asked about what you feed them or stuff like that?
    999,999 score on BLSRS! Galactic Hero!

I love working in the Theme Park Industry!

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiddenmickeyboy View Post
    Has there ever been a person that thought the animals were real and asked about what you feed them or stuff like that?
    What are you talking about? The animals ARE real! They're the best animal actors on the planet, they act like they've been 'fake' ever since 1971 when the attraction opened up in the same spots. Because of that, we feed them whatever they feel like, but most of them usually like to live off the land and other animals. Come to think of it, I don't think that zebra is really sleeping underneath that rock by the nice lion

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    Aww, you've never been in a back up? Not even stopped just around the corner? Wow, that's impressive.
    Here's what you've been missing out: YouTube - Jungle Skippers Stall for Time
    That was great. Nope never got stuck like that. Yep, we've had to wait around the corner for a skipper to kick guests off their boat but that is it.
    Could be that 90% of trips were in Sept. Oct. and early Nov. I was great at ripping my kids out of school for 2 weeks+. (We'd depart on a Monday and return two Monday's later. We'd plow through all their home work Fri. Sat & Sun so they'd be free to vacation and I sat on the Board of Education, bad I was) Back then those were truly off months and not crowded plus Disney gave free breakfasts (Character included) for the entire trip plus recreation. I guess we were fortunate to JC without back up.

You're having way too much fun with this thread, you must really miss JC. Any plans of returning part-time or seasonal week?

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Dear Little Pale Man,

Have you ever been asked to autograph a child's character autograph book? If so, what did you sign?

Signed,
    Have Sharpee, Will Travel
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Dear Little Pale Man,

Have you ever been asked to autograph a child's character autograph book? If so, what did you sign?

Signed,
    Have Sharpee, Will Travel

Dear nice attempt at getting my autograph,

No.

Signed ______________.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Oh Captain, my captain,

Dude, I'm drawing a total blank. What is the name of the river you cruise on? Is it the Amazon or the Irrawaddy river of Burma?

Signed,
    Total blond moment.

Dear Lost person with blond hair,

Welcome to my world.

Signed, Albino "just as lost as you and wondering how we managed to end up in the same boat going round in circles" Pygmy

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Dear Skipper,

On my most recent cruise on your most excellent cruise line, I noticed these two markers near the cabin across from your loading docks:

Unfortunately, the pre-cruise Dole Runners had blurred my eyesight and I was unable to read the inscriptions clearly. I don't remember seeing them on previous visits. What can you tell me about them?

Signed,
    Needs to have her eyes checked.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Bump, bump, bumpedie bump........................................little pale dude, want to hear the answer to this one, ba bumppa ba bum...p

Oh, how did I let a question slide pass me by? I guess I need to get my eyes checked as well. And also having a hard time replying to messages with quotes so thankfully there's the quick reply box

Anyways, from what I remember correctly, we thought that we were missing something in the Jungle Cruise, and after riding Haunted Mansion several times, we figured we need some graveyard of our own, but tombstones aren't jungle-ish, or are they? These 'signs' were the names of the previous leaders of the headhunter tribe on the Nile River, due to 2 little incidents where the skipper over reacted with the pistol, and thus resulting in the removal of the guns for a couple years. I can't tell what the longer sign says, because I couldn't see that far clearly anyways (insert 'going 'round in circles through jungle punchline here.) But the other sign that's closer up is a memorial for the great Orangutan Influenza Cyhu, or O. I. Cyhu. Ironically, he is responsible for causing the monkey flu and why there aren't that many apes in the jungle.

Hey, just noticed that my bumpedie post was #300!!!!!!!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Dear Man Under a Rock,

After skippering the quaint little jungle cruise boats, do you ever yearn to get your hands on the Liberty Square Riverboat. Have you?

Signed,
    Huh?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Dear lady under a fraggly rock,

Why would I want to drive a bigger boat that makes more noise, and I'm not wearing any khaki or telling off the wall horrible jokes? Where's the fun in that? Where's the attacking natives? Why can't they have attacking indians or something similar, and of course, hippos and elephants. Sign me up quick and we'll call it whenever I want to drive a big boy boat while acting normal and we'll have it on my breaks in between jungle

Signed,
    Albino "Mommy wow, I'm a big boy now!" Pygmy

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!
    Jungle Cruise is probably one of my favorite rides in MK at night whenever my family goes, we usually have one amazing skipper, and one crappy one. I particularly like the skippers who let the kids steer the boat like for a straight on stretch or to give the tour! Did you ever do that?

This question might have already been asked but do you ever stray from the script with the jokes? I have been on a ride and the skipper actually made jokes playing off of the audience, specifically me because I always make comments because i've been there alot!!
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

Well Good Morning Skipper,
    Have not heard from you lately. The Natives said you were relaxing on the
    Cruise Ship SSW on an International Voyage. Natives said your jokes leaked out of your brain and your head is filled with the glorious SSW song leaving the Natives to take over the Jungle.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast