Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Ask a Skipper! in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 Jungle Cruise is probably one of my favorite rides in MK at night whenever my family goes, we usually have one amazing skipper, and one crappy ...
    albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 View Post
    Jungle Cruise is probably one of my favorite rides in MK at night whenever my family goes, we usually have one amazing skipper, and one crappy one. I particularly like the skippers who let the kids steer the boat like for a straight on stretch or to give the tour! Did you ever do that?

This question might have already been asked but do you ever stray from the script with the jokes? I have been on a ride and the skipper actually made jokes playing off of the audience, specifically me because I always make comments because i've been there alot!!
    How do you manage to get 2 skippers in the same boat? That's amazing that you have this rare luck, because I've never did a cruise where I had to share the mic before, I wonder how they pulled that off. I do love night cruises because it's darker out, the jungle is a different beast at night. Also, the line is really short and we have a good chance of taking a dead cruise out in the jungle giving us an additional break.

I do normally let the kids steer the boat usually in the temple, and sometimes at the waterfalls if I feel like it then. I've never had a kid use the mic because I don't want the kid or anyone to blurt out anything that really shouldn't be said. I usually do play off the audience if they're a fun group and if I can play off them well. I won't play off the audience if they don't look like they're having fun or not laughing at my jokes, because chances are, they might take my jokes playing off them the wrong way, and I'd get in trouble, and probably make national news as the skipper who insulted everyone because they weren't smiling in the happiest place on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Well Good Morning Skipper,
    Have not heard from you lately. The Natives said you were relaxing on the
    Cruise Ship SSW on an International Voyage. Natives said your jokes leaked out of your brain and your head is filled with the glorious SSW song leaving the Natives to take over the Jungle.
    SSW? am I missing something besides the gray matter between my ears?

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!
    no I don't have 2 skippers in one boat! haha it is just i have gone twice, and at least one of the times I have gone, I've had a crappy skipper
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post

SSW? am I missing something besides the gray matter between my ears?

Small smalll world, what gray matter

I do love night cruises because it's darker out
    Profound dear Pygmy.

Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 View Post
    no I don't have 2 skippers in one boat! haha it is just i have gone twice, and at least one of the times I have gone, I've had a crappy skipper
    Why would someone want to subject themselves to that much torture in one day? That's why they pay us to tell these bad jokes over and over, because they feel sorry for us. Jungle Cruise skippers are like a box of chocolates, you never know which one you're gonna get until you're on their boat. There are the nutty ones, the type that is everyone's favorite, and then there's the milk dud that gets left in the box.

Small smalll world, what gray matter
    So I really am not missing anything to begin with? Ok, I feel better now

Profound dear Pygmy.
    Here's another profound statement just for you that could be as deep as the empty void in my head: "If you're going on a ride where you are in a boat, there's a good chance you might get wet" Somehow, people just don't understand this concept of boat ride = possibility of getting wet

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!
    I definitely don't go twice in one day... that is alot of Jungle Cruise at one time... I'm usually there for about a week, and I go at the beginning and the end
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

Dumbo is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Dear Pygmy,
    Care to tell the Backside of the water joke?

But Peter, how do we get to Neverland?
    Fly, of course!

Caribbean Beach - '95
    Fort Wilderness - '02
    Off Site (Tropical Palms) - '03
    Fort Wilderness - '04
    Fort Wilderness - '07
    Fort Wilderness - '08
    Port Orleans French Quarter- '09

Dear Dumbo,

Here's what I would usually say:
    And now, the real reason why you came to endure 10 minutes of really bad jokes, it's the backside of water! And for those on the right hand side, water on your backside. Now kids, don't try this at home, you might hit your head on the faucet in bathroom sink.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    very nice!! yay! lol
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

With Cameras being installed in the queues for Jungle Cruise are the Skippers going to be Smarting Off as much as they used to be??? Scripts and all.(Buzz Light year's Space Ranger Spin too, maybe those space guys will be a bit more perky)

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Here's another profound statement just for you that could be as deep as the empty void in my head: "If you're going on a ride where you are in a boat, there's a good chance you might get wet" Somehow, people just don't understand this concept of boat ride = possibility of getting wet
    This is not the same concept as .....if you go into a bank, there's a good chance you might get money.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

With Cameras being installed in the queues for Jungle Cruise are the Skippers going to be Smarting Off as much as they used to be??? Scripts and all.(Buzz Light year's Space Ranger Spin too, maybe those space guys will be a bit more perky)
    Of course! Even though some skips might joke less now because of the cameras, I'm sure there are going to be several that will continue joking around like they usually would. There have been times one of us jokes around in the queue and not realize there's a manager present, and for the most part, they don't mind unless it's really something we shouldn't be doing or saying. There are a few jokes that aren't really supposted to be said, but are still said anyways, and I'm sure you've all heard at least one joke that wasn't allowed to be said. These aren't anything bad, but just something to make sure nobody gets offended, such as the attacking natives for example. We're not allowed to mention their dancing could mean either one of two things, they're about to attack, or they've lost the keys to the men's room again. I'm sure you'll still hear that line, but it's now no longer 'allowed' to be said while in the jungle.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Dear Jungle Man,

After 20,000 Leagues closed, did the rivalry and contests between the JC crews and another attraction continue? I know back in the day the 20k folks and the JC folks used to have little contests against each other like how many people they could get through their ride in a day etc.

Signed,
    Thanks for the Memories
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Hello Skippy-
    Was wondering why the Jungle Cruise is not on the Home Page Poll for
    favorite night attraction. Could it be that it would win hands down?

Understand that you will be receiving a new critter very soon can't wait to see how your skippers plan on paddling past the dude.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Dear Jungle Man,

After 20,000 Leagues closed, did the rivalry and contests between the JC crews and another attraction continue? I know back in the day the 20k folks and the JC folks used to have little contests against each other like how many people they could get through their ride in a day etc.

Signed,
    Thanks for the Memories
    Contests between other attractions? On the clock? We would never. Plus, ever since the last challenge where we bet that whoever lost had to close their attraction down permanently and few years later turn into a preschool play area. As always, Jungle Cruise won and thus the submarine voyage took it's final voyage and never returned. Instead of having contests, we just celebrate the awsome work nearby attractions have done. Last year, Pirates broke the record for most guests to ride the attraction in a month, and the attraction that held this record previously was SSE for a long run. Way to go pirates, and hope that Jungle will soon top that record

Hello Skippy-
    Was wondering why the Jungle Cruise is not on the Home Page Poll for
    favorite night attraction. Could it be that it would win hands down?
    Sure, we'll go with that

Understand that you will be receiving a new critter very soon can't wait to see how your skippers plan on paddling past the dude.
    Ok, who left their kid in the temple? Just because we joke about dropping off those family members that you wish to never see again, doesn't mean that you should leave them in the jungle. If everyone did that, we wouldn't have a line at all and everyone would be featured in the jungle. That's how the famous head hunter towards the end got stuck there and seems out of place, he was someone's former Uncle Eddie.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast