Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
General Discussions Discuss Ask a Skipper! in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by Hiddenmickeyboy Dear Skipper, Has there ever been rip-offs or rides that are very similar to the JC at other parks, and if there are any would you ...
    albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

Re: Ask a Skipper!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiddenmickeyboy View Post
    Dear Skipper,

Has there ever been rip-offs or rides that are very similar to the JC at other parks, and if there are any would you give them to the attacking natives as a sacrifice? Thank you skipper!
    Signed,
    Amateur Adventurer
    Dear Noob Navigator,

I'm sure there are plenty rip-offs and rides that are very similar to our beloved Jungle Cruise. However, the ones I know of are no more. There was once a theme park in Japan called Nara Dreamland, and was pretty much a clone of the Magic Kingdom gone horribly wrong. It had a train station in the front, a castle, a Matterhorn, a skyway that goes through the mountain, a couple coasters, a monorail, an autopia, and yes, even a Jungle Cruise. Unfortunately for this park, it closed perminantly in 2006, so there's no need to toss it to the natives.

Signed,
    Albino "still the BEST and ONLY Jungle Cruise tours on the planet" Pygmy

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Thats crazy!! gee wizz lol
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Dear Skipper,

What's the best way to make sure my son is picked to "steer" the boat on his first Jungle Cruise experience next month?

Signed,
    Yes I'm Biased
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Dear Skipper,

What's the best way to make sure my son is picked to "steer" the boat on his first Jungle Cruise experience next month?

Signed,
    Yes I'm Biased
    Dear Biased BamaJenn,

With a "cattle prod" of course

Signed,
    Albino "Asking doesn't hurt or try to sit up front" Pygmy

mickeyspal! is offline A-Ticket holder

Dear Skipper,
    How long do you train on JC before you are let loose on the public? With all the schtick you do, I think it would be hard to memorize quickly.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    Dear Noob Navigator,

I'm sure there are plenty rip-offs and rides that are very similar to our beloved Jungle Cruise. However, the ones I know of are no more. There was once a theme park in Japan called Nara Dreamland, and was pretty much a clone of the Magic Kingdom gone horribly wrong. It had a train station in the front, a castle, a Matterhorn, a skyway that goes through the mountain, a couple coasters, a monorail, an autopia, and yes, even a Jungle Cruise. Unfortunately for this park, it closed perminantly in 2006, so there's no need to toss it to the natives.

Signed,
    Albino "still the BEST and ONLY Jungle Cruise tours on the planet" Pygmy
    Thanks Pygy. Forgot about Nara. It was actually a pretty darn good rip of Disneyland from the early 60's I believe. It is sad to see it abandoned.
    Here are some pictures from a couple of years ago. Reminds me of
    the sad River Country.
    Urban Exploration Resource: Forum - View Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyspal! View Post
    Dear Skipper,
    How long do you train on JC before you are let loose on the public? With all the schtick you do, I think it would be hard to memorize quickly.
    Anywhere between just a mere 5 days to a regular work week. Also, we were never let loose, just found a clever way to escape from the clutches of our trainers and handlers, or at least that's what I did

ydonohue is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    Anywhere between just a mere 5 days to a regular work week. Also, we were never let loose, just found a clever way to escape from the clutches of our trainers and handlers, or at least that's what I did
    Secretly they hide the bodies... You wonder about the color of the water...

hehe *hides*

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678