Voters
12. This poll is closed
  • GOOD IDEA

5 41.67%
  • BAD IDEA

5 41.67%
  • OR WILL BE OK

2 16.67%
General Discussions Discuss jungle cruise in the Community Center forums; disney is planning to make a film based on the ride "jungle cruise" tell me what you think of this? IS IT GOING TO BE A GOOD MOVE? IS IT ...
    aaron18 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Born in london england and now live in orlando florida

Question jungle cruise

disney is planning to make a film based on the ride "jungle cruise"

tell me what you think of this?

IS IT GOING TO BE A GOOD MOVE?

IS IT GOING TO BE A BAD MOVE?

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Well I guess I have a couple questions...

1) Where are you getting this information?
    2) Any plot information available?
    3) Any information on cast?

I can't tell if something will be good or bad until I know a little more about it. I usually base my initial instincts on a film around the previews so if it's truly being made... once we get to that point I can answer this. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

aaron18 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Born in london england and now live in orlando florida

KingJamesUT is offline The Hakuna Kahuna
    I think its a good idea if its done right. I'm a fan of Smallville and the connection made with its producers should make it okay. not sure if it is feature film caliber, but I would say it would make a great DCOM
    Stitch Smash!

'86, '87, '88, '89, '90, '91, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08

'87, '89, '90, '93, '94, '99, '01, '05, '08

'92, '95, '96, '99, '04

'08

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Not really fair since I haven't seen it yet, but I'll preemptively vote that it's a bad idea, if only for worry that it'll pave the way for a drastic makeover or added "improvements" to my favorite attraction. I'm one of the minority who misses Pirates of The Caribbean pre-Hollywood.......

Then again, maybe that wouldn't happen. After all, we've yet to see an animatronic Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion, and it's obvious that no one's bothered to perform any kind of renovation, or even basic upkeep it seems--for the Country Bear Jamboree. Like I've said before, I consider Pirates to have been sort of "the little summer blockbuster that could" (and in no way do I mean that negatively), but I definitely miss the days when the movie resembled the ride, not vice versa.

At any rate, if a feature film does hit the theaters--great, average, or horrible (I'll count on it being pretty bad, that way I can hold out hope for being pleasantly surprised), if it gives the skippers fresh fodder for their spiel, I'd chalk it up to lemonade from lemons.

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    i personally believe that if they do it the right wa ythen it will be good
    at least for me./.....
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Id say bad idea because I'm not in it

Actually, I don't want to see movies based off rides and then the ride having to alter a couple scenes just so that it's based off the movie *cough*pirates*cough cough* As much as it would be nice to have a Jungle Cruise movie, I would say bad idea under the assumption they're just doing it because the attraction doesn't have a movie tied to it yet and needs something to tie it in. It did bother me during their orientation how they showed how they take one idea and use it for multiple things, ie "milking an idea dry" such as pirates the ride, pirates the movie, pirates the breafast cereal, pirates the musical, pirates the bedspread, and so on. I don't want them to do that to my jungle.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I've been wanting a JC movie for awhile now. I hope thy do it justice, i.e. a good story!!!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Pirates, the Flamethrower (kids love this one).

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    Pirates, the Flamethrower (kids love this one).
    I wonder whatever happened to Pirates 2: The search for more money?

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    I figure it will go along the lines of the Haunted Mansion Movie. I'm certain it will be a fun little movie that I'll forget as soon as I get back to my car. No harm done though.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.