Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Does Disney have a cheap walk-in rate? in the Community Center forums; My hubby, 16 year old and I are flying down to FL for the Space Shuttle launch Memorial Day weekend. We are booked Sat and Sun in Cocoa Beach. If ...
    Coby'smama is offline B-Ticket Holder

Question Does Disney have a cheap walk-in rate?

My hubby, 16 year old and I are flying down to FL for the Space Shuttle launch Memorial Day weekend. We are booked Sat and Sun in Cocoa Beach. If we come down Friday afternoon is it possible to get a room at a WDW resort, like if someone had to cancel and Disney wouldn't be using the room anyway??? Or is this just wishful thinking?

1976 College Spring Break! With best friend!
    1977 Honeymooned at the Polynesian
    1978 stayed off site - Main Gate Howard Johnsons
    1986 Stayed lagoon view Polynesian - 2 kids!
    1988 Hubby and me at Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)
    1990-Off site cheapy hotel! With 2 kids!
    1996 with friends at their time share-now with 3 kids
    2000 took 7 year old on a surprise destination trip-Dolphin Resort
    2000 - My son & daugher-in-law honeymoon at the Polynesian
    2001 - My daughter Sr. Class trip stayed at AllStar Music
    2007 - 30 year anniversary trip with the whole family - 2 adult kids, 15 yr. old and daughter-in-law - Boardwalk Inn
    September 2009!!! Beach Club - me, hubby and best buds - no kids this time around. How exciting!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Unfortunately it's probably just wishful thinking. The chances of you getting an on property room without a reseration are slim let alone getting a lower rate for it. That said, don't give up hope... instead call 407-WDW-MAGIC before you head over and see what they can tell you is available.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Always worth a shot at getting a room, but it won't be "cheap" and being that it's Memorial Weekend chances are probably slim to none that you'd even be able to get a room, but it can't hurt to try! The worst they can do is tell you "no"!

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    You get the cheap rates at WDW hotels by booking in advance and watching for discount codes, not by booking at the last minute. If (and it's a big if) anything is available when you walk-in, you will most assuredly pay the absolute highest rate available.

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    A few times ago.... summer I think last year... there was a family trying to add a room to a reservation. Disney is almost always going to have "a room" available, but as was the case on that trip, they charge full rack rate. At the value resorts, this can still gat way upwards of $100 (don't think I've ever seen them over $200).
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    That weekend, in that part of the country, with a shuttle going, better bet might be to look for anything you can get on travelocity.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.