Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Disney & McDonalds in the Community Center forums; Is it just me being a grumpy Brit or does anyone else think that all the McDonald's outlets cropping up in the parks spoils the magic. My first few trips ...
    lizdarren41 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Disney & McDonalds

Is it just me being a grumpy Brit or does anyone else think that all the McDonald's outlets cropping up in the parks spoils the magic.
    My first few trips WDW were complete escapism from reality but as mentioned in other links & threads someone in control seems to be chipping away at the magic that is WDW.
    UK Disney Maniacs
    1991 off site
    1993 off site
    1995 Port Orleans
    1997 Carribean Beach
    1999 off site
    Had kids
    2003 off site
    2004 off site
    2006 off site
    2009 Port Orleans in October (yipee!!)

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    It doesn't bother me. The outside of the building stays in character with the park, and basically, if I'm hungry enough to need food right NOW, I don't care what the inside of the venue looks like. If I really want to stay "in the mood", I can go for a sit-down meal at one of the fantastic restaurants on property.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    I agree with what you're saying about the outside corporations coming into the parks, but really, it seems like the same thing as Coca Cola or Nestle ice cream. THe fries stand in Frontierland is called Golden Nuggets (or something) and Petrifries in Dinoland (I think), so they still keep with all the themed areas of the parks. And I, for one, love the fries. Sometimes, they hit the spot like nothing else.

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    My only thing is, I am at Disney. If I wanted to eat McFries, I could go up the road and get them. I want Disney food not Podunkville food. LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    The fact is Disney is out-sourcing more of their food venues. Yak & Yeti isn't Disney, Rex in DTD will be owned by the same folks as Y&Y. The Italian restaurant at Epcot will not be Disney by fall either. Same with the RainForest Restaurants. Disney very recently just sub-contracted all of their Employee's cafe's at the parks. Mc'D's is just in your face by the name. My kids have had the Fries a few times over the years however I tend to want a funnel cake, Dole Whip or some other special item I never eat unless I'm at Disney. Fries I can get back home, anytime.

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    the reason why they probably do things like coke,nestle, McD's, and so on is because it is something familiar. When you see the golden arches you know what that means among the other logos, however some of these companies also sponsor attractions, and that is probably how they get into the parks....
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485 View Post
    My only thing is, I am at Disney. If I wanted to eat McFries, I could go up the road and get them. I want Disney food not Podunkville food. LOL
    agreed
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney