Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss I need suggestions in the Community Center forums; I poste this on another board but need more ideas. Here's the scenerio. Friend and fellow Disney fanatic is getting married in Sept. She had already booked the bounceback for ...
    vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me

I need suggestions

I poste this on another board but need more ideas.

Here's the scenerio. Friend and fellow Disney fanatic is getting married in Sept. She had already booked the bounceback for the week before. So she is still going and plans on having a sort bachorlette party/get together with a crew of folk from internet boards. Her and some of the others are going to Chef Mickey's then going to head over to the MK for the EMH that nite. (sunday 9-7).

She was just going to have everyone just hang out together. I suggested that since this was involving 12- 20ish bodies from toddler age to old fart she might want to make some sort of plans more then that. The problem with large groups (and small ones for that matter) I found out is that everyone wants to do something different and have different touring styles. In general ppl tend to need some direction and guidance when in a group. I dont mind planning stuff, keeps me excited about the trip and my face out of the fridge(trying to cut back) but she is very hard to pin down on what she wants to do.

The only thing I have managed to get out of her so far is that she LOVES POTC. OK, so far so good, we can ask the CM at the dock if they will mind taking a shot of all of us on one boat.

Other then that I can't tie her down for some fun stuff to do. I suggested some sort of scavenger hunt. You have to have some sort of fun thing to do and it gives everyone a bit of break from everyone else. (4 hours is a long time for that much closeness) Not a big deal, easy enuf to adapt one of the hunts online to fit that. I would need wedding/engagement/romance type clues tho for the MK, that is the thing that has me stumped.

So any more ideas that I can throw at her? None that will hurt please. The woman is a former pro wrestler and she will throw them back at mushy old me. I am usually good at this party planning stuff but how to do a wedding party themed game at the MK ??????? HELP!
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

These are the "clues" I have so far. Rough draft, so ignore the wording. I am trying to mix in a little bit of trivia, socialization, photo, and gathering clues all together so everyone doesnt get bored with one type. AND make it wedding/romance themed..YEESH! LOL

*signatures of a couple married more then 25 years
    *a lipstick kiss from a princess *extra points if it is on a grown man
    *a CM that is married to another CM (first names and positions)
    *a picture of a scullery maid wearing a crown (romance?)
    *autographs of a romantically involved prince and princess on the same page
    *someone from Ohio(brides home state) --pic
    *a park map in French (the language of love)
    *which resort is the wedding pavilion located at?

OH, I didnt include the answers to some of them here since a participant might be reading this board. Dont wanna help them, wanna make them work for their prize. LOL
    OK...help me here ppls.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    How about a scavenger hunt taking pictures of things in MK. Break the group up into smaller groups that each have a variation on their list. The list can have wedding themed things to hunt for; hearts, bells, flowers, (I'm just throwing stuff out here) and if you really know the park well, you can have them looking for wedding themed stuff in a variety of the attractions. The lists can match on every 4th item so that the teams could have a chance to cross paths. The team that completes their photo scavenger hunt first wins and they can prove they were done first by taking a picture by the clock on Main Street. The pictures have to be in order to match their teams list. Then at the end, have a meet up with everyone to have a bite to eat or a final ride all together.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

I wanted to keep it short and easy. Around 45 minutes or so.(i figure an hour but tell them 45 minutes..lol) Kinda, "ok you have so many minutes meet *here* at *this time* GO!" Maybe about 25 max clues. I wanted to mix up photos with written and gathering clues since maybe not everyone will have a digital. PLus we wanna play too. Yeah yeah, I have an advantage but Donnie wont know the questions beforehand and if "someone" is smart they will ask others answers. I figure dont want them to waste time waiting in line for rides so anything found not in a line for something.

I have the rules set up, 1. work as a family or an individual. (there is only 1 prize regardless) 2. Not allowed to purchase anything. 3. be respectful to others 4. no damaging property. (LOL..sounds sad to have to tell them that but, you never know...lol)

I like the ideas of bells, hearts, etc. I came up with a few more. Here is the whole list so far. I will probably tweak it a bit to fit the number of questions I want in the end. Better to have more then not enuf. Plus I can use the extra trivia ones as a tie-breaker.

*signatures of a couple married more then 25 years
    *a lipstick kiss from a princess *extra points if it is on a grown man
    *a CM that is married to another CM (first names and positions)
    *a picture of a scullery maid wearing a crown (romance?)
    *autographs of a romantically involved prince and princess on the same page
    *someone from Ohio(brides home state) --pic
    *a park map in French (the language of love)
    *which resort is the wedding pavilion located at?
    *name 3 non-royal couples
    *a mode of transportation named for Walt's wife. Photo
    *a pin with a bride and groom
    * a heart shaped???????? (something you can get or gather for free)
    *in small world what country is the bride and groom from?
    *where can you buy a bride?
    *a glass slipper picture

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    can you work with something about Disney couples? Like, where can you find a canine couple? Or the wild couple from out west? Who's the light of Mike Wazowski's eye?
    Find the wishing fountain?
    Match the prince to the princess?
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    I was thinking along the same lines as Disneydame...esp. about the canine couple part...like you said I don't wanna give anything away here in case others are reading, but maybe another clue could be to get a picture of the "autograph" that they left.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

OOO..that is a good one. Bow wow! hehehehe Ooo. wait..I know they can bring back a rubbing of that autograph. Fun.

Anything else that they can actually collect and bring back???

amberpi is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I threw a bachelorette party for two girlfriends in WDW. It was a 4 day trip and was amazing. Since I wasn't going with big Disney enthusiasts, I did a traditional "Disney trivia" game with Disney and wedding prizes. Earrings with hearts and Mickey heads for instance. I started looking at the Disney store online and cleaned up after Valentine's Day on the sale at the Disney Store itself. It was really fun and the girls all had something to remember the trip by.

Good idea picking up heart merchandise for a prize. Dont know if the guys would like it..oh well, they will get over it

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Well, no real scavenger suggestions, but maybe the "teams" could be sent into different lands, based on interest and age appropriateness. Maybe the famlie of little ones could cover Fantasyland and the oldsters frontierland or something like that.This is a great idea though.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Unfortunalty I dont know these ppl well enuf or even know who is definately coming to be able to set it up like that. It has to remain kinda generic. Great idea tho for some other group that may see this.