Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Are you lucky enough ... in the Community Center forums; As I was reading through a bunch of different threads this morning I realized how lucky I am to have "Non- Disney" friends ( people who don't live and breathe ...
    Jenroc is offline C-Ticket Holder

Are you lucky enough ...

As I was reading through a bunch of different threads this morning I realized how lucky I am to have "Non- Disney" friends ( people who don't live and breathe Disney like some of us do....hehehe ) that support me no matter how many times I repeat a Disney-related story to them, look at my thousands of pictures from my vacations over and over again, and listen to all the trips I plan on a continual basis. I thought it would be a great idea to start a thread to thank our friend(s) for putting up with our dreams and let them know how much they mean to us and then email them the link to read how a lot of us feel about these wonderful people. Maybe they will be able to understand us a little better -- doubtful, but just maybe !!!
    Can't wait to go back to my happy place !

All it takes is a little pixie dust...a true heart of a child...to enjoy the Happiest Place on Earth !
    Disneyland -- 1968, 1969 X 2, 1974, 1977, 1982, 1984 X2, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992 X 2, 2007 (Pirates Premier)
    Walt Disney World -- 1974, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979 X 2, 1980 X 2, 1981, 1982 X 2, 1983, 1999 (New Yr's Eve Celebrations), 2006 (Halloween Night), Nov./Dec. 2007

Jenroc is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have 3 such people that I know I drive on a regular basis !!

All these ladies are completely different people, but for some reason have chosen to put up with me and my Disney dreams. I speak with each of them, usually, on a daily basis -- one I see a couple times a week, one I see a few times a year (because see lives in another city), and one I see not as often as I should (unless my computer is acting up).

Carolyn, Deb and Jocelyn are people that I trust with not only my life but the lives of my children. I know they really doesn't understand my "obsession" but are so patient and understanding when I get going on my frequent rants about how much I want to go back, what I am going to do when I get there, etc etc etc. I feel extremely fortunate to have these friends in my life. I just want to thank each of them for their support and for not judging me. The world can be such a sad place now-a-days, it is wonderful having Disney to escape to and the icing on the cake is friends who put up with you !!

THANKS A BUNCH !!! I LOVE YA ALL !!!!
    Can't wait to go back to my happy place !

All it takes is a little pixie dust...a true heart of a child...to enjoy the Happiest Place on Earth !
    Disneyland -- 1968, 1969 X 2, 1974, 1977, 1982, 1984 X2, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992 X 2, 2007 (Pirates Premier)
    Walt Disney World -- 1974, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979 X 2, 1980 X 2, 1981, 1982 X 2, 1983, 1999 (New Yr's Eve Celebrations), 2006 (Halloween Night), Nov./Dec. 2007

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I, too, am fortunate enough to have three friends who tolerate my Disney obsession. In fact, it's now a running joke as to "count the Mickey's" when they see me. They are my support while I'm so far away from family. They have bets going as to how much money my donations for the auction will earn, and if they're right, the Dreamteam will be very excited. Thanks Kathy, Melody and Donna

More important than my crazy friends, is the support from my dh. He never grimaces at the number of times I embroider Mickey on something, or chastises me for the money on spend on Disney products. Most importantly, he fully supports me in my goal to become a CM in 2008. he even took me back to DLP even though there were probably many other places he would have liked to have visited. Thanks dear.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.