Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Myrtle Beach '06 Trip Report in the Community Center forums; I've been digging through some of my pictures and thought I'd share some of them with you. In this trip report, I went up to Myrtle Beach with my girlfriend ...
    albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

Myrtle Beach '06 Trip Report

I've been digging through some of my pictures and thought I'd share some of them with you. In this trip report, I went up to Myrtle Beach with my girlfriend for Thanksgiving and these are the pictures that tell the tale of two people, both with a nasty cold, visiting up north to a colder climate with near freezing rain and windy weather all week long. Did we stay cooped up inside our friend's place? Of course not! Here's what we did:

We've passed by this sign about 3 or 4 times trying to figure out which way to get to 17. The sign was just the tip of the iceberg though, the intersection was even worse (not shown.)

I guess this is what happens when Starbucks starts playing classic rock?

They've got their Christmas decorations up already.

These were the only other two people we saw walking around, seriously!

One of the several themed section of this outdoor shopping mall.

This Hard Rock was pretty cool. Took us awhile to figure out how to get inside though.

I have no idea what this place used to be. It's a shame it looked like it closed down. I would have paid money just to say I visited a building with half a submarine sticking out of it!

Here at Myrtle Beach, their ships float on water!

Told you so :P

They also have an Anything Joe's, where anything goes. How about that?

Myrtle Beach is loaded with mini golf places all over. Here's one of them with a medieval theme. They say they have a dragon that pops out of one of the towers or a volcano and breathes fire, sounded really cool though, but wasn't open

Zoltar says Merlin's a phony, don't trust him and his 60 watt crystal bulb.

(cont'd)

I brought my penguin along for some mini golf at their world famous Mt. Atlanticus.

It's so cold, even the penguin is trying to keep warm in this guy's eye.

Scenic hedge clippers

Just so you remember where we are . . . Mt. Atlanticus.

Looks like someone's enjoying frog legs for dinner.

Penguin posing with some other weird flightless bird.

Penguin and a random frog.

Did I tell you it was so cold, that the parking lot actually became the scary ice caves?

"It's true!"

Strange hole at the top of the 4 or 5 story high place.

This place has 2 18 hole courses, and at the end, each course has a bonus 19th hole that you can try to get a hole in one. If you do, you win 2 lifetime passes to this place. I didn't make it unfortunately.

Penguin gets lost in Atlantis.

Where did he go?

Hello, I'm the scary demon in your closet. FEAR ME!

Cool, Ripley's has motion theatres.

We also stopped by this shop just because the name sounded cool

Orlando's Ripley's was better, believe it, or not!

Penguin has some competition.

Seriously, we built this penguin and our older penguin felt really jealous.

Penguin getting lost in the mirror maze.

"Why couldn't they leave the new guy with the shirt in here, but NOO, they took me instead"

"Maybe I'll ring the buzzer for assistance. HELP!"
    (btw, yes those are plastic gloves on one of our hands. They gave them to us before we entered so we wouldn't smudge the glass. I wanted to go make chocolate afterward)

Random shot of Penguin with a lobster, it was his idea.

Don't you think it's a bit late for Halloween decorations?

I'm not so sure I want to cross this bridge.

This mini golf place looked really cool, was looking forward to it but was closed, unfortunately. They said there's a little mine cart ride that takes you to the first hole? Maybe next time.

Back home, woo hoo!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    looks and sounds cool!

They have a mini golf place like the last one you showed in Nags Head, NC. It's really cool, you get on a train to the top of the hill and you get off and play down the hill through a mine and a little ghost town.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

I wonder if it's the same place and we just crossed the border into North Carolina? This was the furthest location away headed north from the rest of the other attractions, so it could have been possible that we came close to or really did cross the border without knowing it.