Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Disney travel agent?? in the Community Center forums; I was talking with my mom the other day and of course WDW came up in the conversation, like always. My mom told me that I should think of becoming ...
    rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak

Disney travel agent??

I was talking with my mom the other day and of course WDW came up in the conversation, like always.
    My mom told me that I should think of becoming a travel agent and going to classes for that.
    I still don't really know what I wanna do permanently for a living... I'm 21 and still deciding.

I was wondering if you can specialize in a specific place of travel... like WDW or Orlando?
    It would be a pretty fun job to have... helping other people get to the Happiest Place on Earth and make the best of their trip.
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Yes, you can definitely specialize. And with the amount of tourists that visit Orlando and Vegas annually....either would be a good option to specialize in. I know travel agents who specialize in Disney, Vegas, Europe, and Cruises.

My only concern is that the travel industry is more affected by the downward turns in the economy than other areas...just something to keep in mind.

P.S. the good thing is all those research trips you'll have to take!!!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...