Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 492 of 852 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542592 ... LastLast
Results 7,366 to 7,380 of 12780
Like Tree2Likes
General Discussions Discuss The Dark Side Has Cookies..... in the Community Center forums; "I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making ...
    Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

re: The Dark Side Has Cookies.....

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Ben Franklin, 1766

Ben Franklin was so very wise.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." -- Nathan Hale's last words before being hanged by British

"There! His Majesty can now read my name without glasses. And he can double the reward on my head!" -- John Hancock after signing his name in large letters on the Declaration of Independence

"The distinctions between Virginians, Pennsylvanians, New Yorkers, and New Englanders are no more. I Am Not A Virginian, But An American!" -- Patrick Henry in 1774 after the Boston Tea Party

That these are our grievances which we have thus laid before his majesty, with that freedom of language and sentiment which becomes a free people claiming their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate." -- Thomas Jefferson, 1774

"Our properties within our own territories [should not] be taxed or regulated by any power on earth but our own." -- Thomas Jefferson, 1774

"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- John Paul Jones

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way." -- John Paul Jones, 1778

"One of the most essential branches of English liberty is the freedom of one's house. A man's house is his castle." -- James Otis, 1761

"These are the times that try men’s souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their county; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny like **** is not easily conquered yet we have this consolation with us, the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value." -- Tom Paine after the Declaration of Independence

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." -- Tom Paine

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -- Tom Paine, 1776

And with those words of wisdom from the men who fought valiantly for our freedom from tyranny, have a great day.

Oh, and re read the Federalist Papers, they are so awesome in light of the current climate.

Alexander Hamilton has an excellence of writing style that gives me goose bumps.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Portal is a game where you have this gun and you shoot holes in the wall and we walk in the orange/blue holes. It is a puzzle game to get out of the area you are in. It is amazing.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Thank you for explaining that. I am not a gamer, so I had no idea. I still cannot get very high on the Ms. Pacman as I am not interested in the games. I do like the Wii thing rather a lot.

Is there a full moon due this week? Man the loons are all out and about. This lady that wants my husband has just came in here, she REALLY wants my hubby. We rented our old building to a friend of hers (her boy toy) and he skipped town and she took to calling DH several times a day, for an hour or so at a time. It is really odd, but he sits right there with me, keeps it on speaker phone and tries to help her understand that she got used. NOW, she is here, and wants him to talk some more.

She is older then him, very well off and deeply wounded that her boy toy did this to her. That does not give her the right to try for my man, unless she is paying ME to give him up. I could negotiate that one.lol

I feel bad for her cause this guy took her for several thousand, but still, NOT my man. She is no real threat to me, she has a round belly and a huge rear, DH gets nauseated at the sight of a round belly.

Steak, smashed potatoes and asparagus for dinner. It was yummy
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Todays news on weord news was truly bizarre.

Me and my brother were going to go to the Bedouin Soundclash concert tonight but it is going to rain =[
    Mckayla

It did not even rain. Writing and listening to music mostly Kanye West. I have been obsessed with him lately.
    Mckayla

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    Steak, smashed potatoes and asparagus for dinner. It was yummy
    You and I seem to have the same taste in food. Would your Mom consider adopting me at dinner hour?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Todays news on weord news was truly bizarre.
    All the news around here is death and mainly MJ's death with sprinklings of the other celebrates.

I'm a bit taken back by how some people are mourning his death that have never met him nor likely would have. Sad I get, the extreme not so much.

I was dumbfounded during the award with the ownership, 'he is ours'. What was that about. At best he belonged to his family. Ours? Then dumbfounded during the awards to realize my kid didn't realize he was
    African American, 'but he is white'. Funny how the very young didn't know him from a child.

Yep, weird week in show biz land.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.