Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 513 of 852 FirstFirst ... 13413463503511512513514515523563613 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,695 of 12780
Like Tree2Likes
General Discussions Discuss The Dark Side Has Cookies..... in the Community Center forums; I saw a video of a guy surfing as a hurricane came in, the one that hit Texas, and he almost died. It really rolled him over, and over, and ...
    Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

re: The Dark Side Has Cookies.....

I saw a video of a guy surfing as a hurricane came in, the one that hit Texas, and he almost died. It really rolled him over, and over, and over.
    Last edited by Keasmom; 07-30-2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: typing like I sound with the stuffy nose.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Well, it is lonely here again. Maybe I should find a few photos.

Never mind, none of the photos will post. Rats on the little red box. What is up with the site lately? Kicks us out, won't let us log back in, won't post photos as easily. hmmph! Not fun.

Hmmm, what to do, what to do? Work, I guess. Have a great morning, all.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Well, it is lonely here again. Maybe I should find a few photos.
    I had that feeling yesterday.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Some of the Japanese commands are for loyalty to the sinsei and dojo above all others. See, Christian children are not supposed to swear fealty to anyonebut God. So, we are really careful what she is taught or expected to make promises for. If all the commands are in English, it is easy to discern a wrong (against scripture) command. See, simple really.
    I was taught Judo. My father also became an instructor. We bowed and exchanged Korean words, yet at the time devote Catholic. It was a ritural and as a child it meant nothing. It tends to go over the heads of children and never thought of again, like many everyday events. Unless one calls attention and focus on something it would likely never derail a child's upbringing.

Wow, sounds like a busy day. HP is a great way to get kids to read who otherwise may not. We have a scriptural difference with parts of it, so no HP, no Twilight. Just a choice our family made, no judgement on others as it has been very beneficial to many.
    Most kids and me as an adult have a high enough IQ to differentiate fantasy from satanic teaching. Some go as far as to not allow Disney Cinderella, Snow White, Haunted Mansion.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

So many things are cultural. My daughter wears a bandanna when she goes to her girlfriends home, the girls parents are from the Middle East and have somewhat adapted to our culture. DD dresses more conservatively when going to their home.

When we have gone to temple for weddings I wear my black had and my husband wears a yamaka (?)

We have friends that were born in Japan. We take our shoes off in their home they leave theirs on in ours.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Most kids and me as an adult have a high enough IQ to differentiate fantasy from satanic teaching. Some go as far as to not allow Disney Cinderella, Snow White, Haunted Mansion.
    She didn't watch anything with witchcraft or anything of that sort until she could differentiate between reality and fiction. It is odd, but that is our way.
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    So many things are cultural. My daughter wears a bandanna when she goes to her girlfriends home, the girls parents are from the Middle East and have somewhat adapted to our culture. DD dresses more conservatively when going to their home.

When we have gone to temple for weddings I wear my black had and my husband wears a yamaka (?)

We observe the cultural expectations. Our temple does not require the head covering for non Jewish men.We like to go to the annual art sale and we went to inter-denominational teaching there a couple of years in a row. It is a few nights a year to bring understanding between Christians and Jews and our Jewish heritage as Christians. I had the shoes off habit for years, right up until I married DH, who refused to remove his shoes at the door of "his house". It does keep things cleaner.

We have friends that were born in Japan. We take our shoes off in their home they leave theirs on in ours.

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

Is it who you think it is online... It is it is...

I am on After a fight with my login.. not letting me on saying I wasn't logged on.. GR! But I'm here! lol

How is everyone??
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I am back. I had so much fun. We learned all the marching in like 3 days. It only rained one day and that was yesterday every other day we marched for like 12 hours a day.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Doing some more band stuff. Its not like I have been doing the band stuff for a whole week all day. Mostly marking my flip folder and drill book. I cant tell if I am in the bottom V or top V. If I am the in the top one I would Follow end point by diag. push. If I am in the bottom V, I gate.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Monday I am going to a DCI show with the band. One of the color guards who graduated from our school is in on of the bands. The Bluecoats, Blue Stars, Boston Crusaders
    ,Spirit,Crossmen,Troopers,Mandarins and Jersey Surf are the bands that are there. I cant wait.
    Mckayla

" Once at Ruby Pier was the place to go in the Summer.It had elepants and fireworks and marathon dance contest. But people didn't go to ocean piers much anymore: they went to there parks where you paid $75 a ticket and had your photo taken with a giant furry character." One of my favorite paragraphs in 5 People You Meet In Haven.
    Mckayla

Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 View Post
    Is it who you think it is online... It is it is...

I am on After a fight with my login.. not letting me on saying I wasn't logged on.. GR! But I'm here! lol

How is everyone??

What you duck and run???? We need a life update Sarah!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    I am back. I had so much fun. We learned all the marching in like 3 days. It only rained one day and that was yesterday every other day we marched for like 12 hours a day.
    Camp is great. Just so it is not in a tent.