Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 52 of 852 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152552 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
General Discussions Discuss The Dark Side Has Cookies..... in the Community Center forums; How is the outdoor tidy up going?...
    Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    How is the outdoor tidy up going?
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    gabe-you're here. YIPPEE

I live on. We were to get horrible storms in IL today but now we are going to get about an hour of drizzle. Still threatening for this afternoon and then again in the evening. Other than our bit of drizzle the upper half of the state is all clear. Beautiful Sunny Morning! Iowa on the other hand yikes! Southern portion of the state yikers too! Both coming at the upper portion of the state, hope that falls apart too.

How is the outdoor tidy up going?

Getting there. Does anyone one realize how many boards there truly are on White Director's Chairs???? Each one has 4 sides. I am about half way through painting them.

I did consider putting them in the fire pit. DH would have missed them 'cause they go with our huge bar/with a built in gas grill.

I love that bar. Tall and and all marble top. It is two tiered. Grill side has lower counter on each side of the grill, so you can face your guests. It holds six on one side of the L and 2 or 3 on the shorter side. It is so fun.

Hmm...note to one self...dark side. The Evil ladies might hurt me.

The grill/bar sounds lovely and those chairs-wow. Guess refinishing is a matter of heart, not work really if the outcome will be worth it. You guys must have a great backyard deck space. (an't let DH read this, he really wants a big grill)

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Getting there. Does anyone one realize how many boards there truly are on White Director's Chairs???? Each one has 4 sides. I am about half way through painting them.

I did consider putting them in the fire pit. DH would have missed them 'cause they go with our huge bar/with a built in gas grill.

I love that bar. Tall and and all marble top. It is two tiered. Grill side has lower counter on each side of the grill, so you can face your guests. It holds six on one side of the L and 2 or 3 on the shorter side. It is so fun.

Hmm...note to one self...dark side. The Evil ladies might hurt me.
    Nope, no sparkle and it involves food, so acceptable, IMHO.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HauntedGabe
    Finish Yet?

Well, we are further then when we started. Have to do one more coat on the floors, paint all of the trim, install the quarter round then load the room back in. So we are about halfway. We put two inch wide display shelving around the top of the room right above the window casings, so that will be a pain to paint since DH's handyman did not do it before installation. I spent 4 hours hand sanding the floors last night so we could put another coat of stain down. I love glassy floors.
    I'll take that as a NO.

Misery likes company.

The grill/bar sounds lovely and those chairs-wow. Guess refinishing is a matter of heart, not work really if the outcome will be worth it. You guys must have a great backyard deck space. (an't let DH read this, he really wants a big grill)
    We have a patio the width of the whole house, so there is a table for 8, the entry has a pub table and the far end has the bar and grill. I did not let hubby put the deck in 'cause I didn't want to deal with finishing it all the time. He got a screened in gazebo in the grass area instead. Great since the the mosquitoes are all out with the previous rain we've had.

Those chairs, I would have chosen the wrought iron, but DH liked him and the bar/grill was his dream. I just paint them. Errr.

Another levy broke in Missouri. Those poor people.

The sacrifices we make for our men. Conversely, the sacrifices they make for us. Definitely a no on the room, not done yet-but I am really, really a freak about hardwoods, I want them done right.

More prayers for Missouri, seems neverending for them. P and P.
    Wrought Iron has to be treated cleaned and steel wooled periodically, so 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Outdoor area sounds fabulous-we'll have to do pics on here after we finish our projects. Does your DH grill even in the snow and cold?

The sacrifices we make for our men. Conversely, the sacrifices they make for us. Definitely a no on the room, not done yet-but I am really, really a freak about hardwoods, I want them done right.

More prayers for Missouri, seems neverending for them. P and P.
    Wrought Iron has to be treated cleaned and steel wooled periodically, so 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Outdoor area sounds fabulous-we'll have to do pics on here after we finish our projects. Does your DH grill even in the snow and cold?
    Best not look at my wood floors. We have Wroght Iron over the screens on the gazebo, not nearly as bad as the blasted director chairs.

I grill all year round. Only bake in oven in the kitchen. That is rare.

They are getting hammered again in Southern portion of IL and Missouri today. Some of the upper portion receive thunderstorms today but nothing to get write home about, those people below us on the Mississippi are getting it still. So sad. Up north they are still cleaning up and will be for awhile.

Did you all put the house hunting on hold until you see what is left? I cannot imagine living there, but then, I live in a supernaturally protected city. We have tornadoes all around, but not here. We have hurricanes, but they falter before they get to us. Winter is easy-but cold and when severe weather hits, it moves around us, but does not hit us. Probably due to Genesis and Joseph.

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    You are welcome. Want me to tell you all about the steak I will be having on the 4th?
    Sure, i love to talk about food
    Especially when it's delicious food
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Don't forget about the crab!
    Ohhhh Gabe, a woman after my own heart... I now would like to have some seafood, thanks..... Want to join me

Best not look at my wood floors. We have Wroght Iron over the screens on the gazebo, not nearly as bad as the blasted director chairs.

I grill all year round. Only bake in oven in the kitchen. That is rare.

They are getting hammered again in Southern portion of IL and Missouri today. Some of the upper portion receive thunderstorms today but nothing to get write home about, those people below us on the Mississippi are getting it still. So sad. Up north they are still cleaning up and will be for awhile.
    Wood floors aren't as bad as most think to redo them. Read how, set a plan of action, do surface prep, rent the stripper machine, by mouse sander pads, and then finish. it would be done if I wasn't working all day. So far we have about 14 hours in the floors and most of that is finishing. you have to vacuum, then damp mop, then tack cloth, then put the stain on and buff sand, repeat about three times for perfection. All I have left is a quick resand, reclean then a coat of poly and those floors are done. If I were at home it would have been a 2 day job.

Wonder where Gae is?

I may not ever be my former 5'8", size 1-2 again, but I will enjoy being a 4 and eating real food. I stopped starving myself for thinness when I got pregnant and decided that 115 pounds was unrealistic. I am okay with that.
    hmmmm 5'8, size 1 - 2.... A 4 is a great size there Mrs Chris.... I'm not a big woman, and for the life of me can't get under a 10. And i'm cool with that, I think it's the genetics. Most people would think i'm a size 6. I couldn't even get a 6 over the bone in my hip