Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 652 of 852 FirstFirst ... 152552602642650651652653654662702752 ... LastLast
Results 9,766 to 9,780 of 12780
Like Tree2Likes
General Discussions Discuss The Dark Side Has Cookies..... in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe And on the lighter side, didn't you just post yesterday on the other thread that you don't have bad days? And seriously speaking. My DD has ...
    wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

re: The Dark Side Has Cookies.....

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    And on the lighter side, didn't you just post yesterday on the other thread that you don't have bad days?

And seriously speaking. My DD has been in all AP and Honors classes. The first semester takes some adjusting. Set your mind that you will do it and map out how you are going to. My DD like you has too much on her plate and neither of you are going to drop anything extra. What took her a few months to figure out is time management and planning ahead.

She now checks her FB only when she comes home. Then ignores her phone, FB and computer until her homework is completed. When she is going to sleep she takes her Touch to bed and then reviews what she missed all evening. She is now able to get everything done well. It is a matter of priorities and school has to be it. On weekends when she is not competing or working she tries to get everything done that she knows of in advance. If she concentrates she polishes things off quickly.

To be in these Honors classes as a Freshman you have to be a smart young lady. You'll kick yourself in the toshie later when you look back at your GPA because of your Freshman year. There is much time left to right your grades before the semester is over. If you need moral support, we are here!
    I work better when I am on my computer... If I have my friends there while doing it. I dont use my phone a lot anymore the only time I look at it while doing homework is if someone calls me. It is taking a long time to adjust to things. I think next quarter will be a lot easier. Band is almost over so I get my thursday back. So I dont have to do as much homework on Wednesdays. That is what my mom said about my classes... Colleges look for them.... you will have an easier time to get into them...blah...blah...blah.... sometimes I want to think that college is four years away, I dont need to think about it, where in reality those 4 years are going to be fastest 4 years of my life so I do.

Haha I should have not posted that in the other forum.

My cat knows when it is time to get off and start getting ready for school... he is sitting on my mouse. School today... talking to some teachers about stuff. Then practice 6-9 or whenever...working on a new thing so it is going to be held late... I may be in the chat tonight!

Thanks Gabe!
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    I had a bad day.The stress of being a High School-er has finally hit. Grades in my honors classes are slowly dropping... friendships are being tested... stress is building up with the homework and little sleep I have been getting.
    Poor baby, wish it could be easier but if you want to get in a good school, you have to excel at everything these four years. Friends will either be jealous, lazy or immature or very supportive of you. Those are the keepers unless they are supporting you in an immoral, illegal or dangerous endeavor. Try to enjoy it some, it is tough, but fun and important. Real jobs are a lot like that pressure cooker environment.

Wow! That school is so far from the national norm. Wonder what happens behind closed doors that 100% don't come back.
    That is the standard at our school. When they birth, they stay home for at least 4 years, when they adopt it is about 50%. But I think that it has a lot to do with it being a Christian school and a lot of the teachers are married to "well employed" men. Was that a nice enough euphemism?

OMG that school must have an abundance of tutors. I believe our area has a 68% return to work after leave is up.[/QUOTE]

In this part of the country, good tutors are kept as busy as they want to be. Most higher end families use them rather then actually help the child themselves, many use them to keep the student a little ahead of the curriculum, and a lot of them use them to keep the child in a good school. Most private school kids use a tutor at some point for some subject. Just because the curriculums are a lot tougher then the publics here. So yeah, a certified teacher as a tutuor is at a premium.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Didn't plan well, luggage no longer fits carry on standards, must go buy new stuff for DD tomorrow. DS decided to come home while DD is gone. And have to leave shortly after DD gets home to drive to OHare.
    Tomorrow will be nasty and they are calling for rain. That should make OHare a....(can't think of a work that wont be ***)

If her flight leaves on time I will need tender love'n care in chat and/or a glass of nice wine. Only wish it was at Epcot.

Catch ya all when life lets me sit again!
    This has got to be a tough one for you, we'll be here if you need a
    or you need a virtual shoulder to have a .

I work better when I am on my computer... If I have my friends there while doing it. I dont use my phone a lot anymore the only time I look at it while doing homework is if someone calls me. It is taking a long time to adjust to things. I think next quarter will be a lot easier. Band is almost over so I get my thursday back. So I dont have to do as much homework on Wednesdays. That is what my mom said about my classes... Colleges look for them.... you will have an easier time to get into them...blah...blah...blah.... sometimes I want to think that college is four years away, I dont need to think about it, where in reality those 4 years are going to be fastest 4 years of my life so I do.
    Good grades make it easier to get band and academic scholarships and a lot easier to get into. This helps a lot when you decide what your career will be so you get the higher advantages. Boring mom stuff aside, we all want you to have fun AND succeed. We are like you internet cheerleader/ counselor/encouragers.
    Haha I should have not posted that in the other forum.
    that is where happy stuff gets posted and you generally bounce back from your drears.

My cat knows when it is time to get off and start getting ready for school... he is sitting on my mouse. School today... talking to some teachers about stuff. Then practice 6-9 or whenever...working on a new thing so it is going to be held late... I may be in the chat tonight!
    Smart cat. Mine knows when it is wake up time, he does something I HATE, wrpas himself around the top of my head. YUCK, that gets me right out of bed.

Thanks Gabe!
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

I am back in an amazing mood. Worked with some people on Bio... got it down at the moment. Going to work on it some more with some other people later. I gots practice tonight. WOoT!
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Thanks guys...=D
    Mckayla

I am back in an amazing mood. Worked with some people on Bio... got it down at the moment. Going to work on it some more with some other people later. I gots practice tonight. WOoT!

See, you bounced back already.

Glad it is going better especially for Bio.

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

I subbed today... and some of the kids were just HORRIBLE..

I was in PE.. but it wasn't PE.. it was Integrated Arts (Dance). I know NOTHING about dance.. it was interesting. And the last class.. totally misbehaved. yeah

But the PE teacher was young, single, and totally cute! So that was nice to talk to him some!
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 View Post
    I subbed today... and some of the kids were just HORRIBLE..

YAY!!! Maybe horrible, but it is a paycheck.

I was in PE.. but it wasn't PE.. it was Integrated Arts (Dance). I know NOTHING about dance.. it was interesting. And the last class.. totally misbehaved. yeah

Excedrin Tension Headache Cpsules-the answer to rotten kids. I take it before I have to deal with their parents.

But the PE teacher was young, single, and totally cute! So that was nice to talk to him some!
    Well, that sounds fun.

Yesterday did not finish well. We start testing in band.... that was most of our practice. I sat there for like 20 minutes crying. Then finished the night laughing my head with Erica, Jawaun and some other friends. That did not mean I was in a good mood... I am better now. They day start bad but got a lot better. Getting all the stuff in my classes I have bad grades in. Drinking monster at the moment while watching CSI NY and talking to some friends.
    Mckayla

Monster+ Mountain Dew+ Being around friends= one hyper, crazy, amazing Mckayla. Tonight is going to be interesting. All our Senior players on our football team are hurt. Super hyper. I hope you all have a fun night.
    Mckayla

Yesterday did not finish well. We start testing in band.... that was most of our practice. I sat there for like 20 minutes crying. Then finished the night laughing my head with Erica, Jawaun and some other friends. That did not mean I was in a good mood... I am better now. They day start bad but got a lot better. Getting all the stuff in my classes I have bad grades in. Drinking monster at the moment while watching CSI NY and talking to some friends.

Some days it just doesn't go great, but you get a redo the next day. Monster-yikes. that will make you super::boucy:

Monster+ Mountain Dew+ Being around friends= one hyper, crazy, amazing Mckayla. Tonight is going to be interesting. All our Senior players on our football team are hurt. Super hyper. I hope you all have a fun night.
    Are you feeling:

a wee bit bouncy?

Have fun at the game. We are going home to relax. It has been a beater hee today. I did not stop for three straight hours-the phones have been insane.

WE have been overwhelmed today. LOTS of people and phones, phones, phones. I had 18 phone calls back to back. Answer, chatter, hang up, answer, repeat. Odd the full moon is past.

Gabe must be busy.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Found a great employee at Ohare that did allow me past security with DD yesterday afternoon. Now that she isn't a UM they don't generally let you.

No sooner did I get home DS was home for the weekend.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Sorry about bad kids Sarah!

Yea McKayla, glad you are getting a handle on the homework.

Chris wish I had 90 degrees. It is still raining here, day 3, it just stopped this evening. Tomorrow night, hard frost expecting 31 degrees, Sunday night predicting snow showers.

And careful with the energy/caffeine drinks. We have had 3 kids from our Junior High hospitalized from caffeine overdoses. Hearts could not take it and their EKG's were off the charts. One child had a mild heart attack.
    Be careful girl!