Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 740 of 852 FirstFirst ... 240640690730738739740741742750790840 ... LastLast
Results 11,086 to 11,100 of 12780
Like Tree2Likes
General Discussions Discuss The Dark Side Has Cookies..... in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by wallfan329 Thanks. The good thing is that if we don't have an exam at 7:30 we can come to school late to sleep in a bit but ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

re: The Dark Side Has Cookies.....

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    Thanks. The good thing is that if we don't have an exam at 7:30 we can come to school late to sleep in a bit but the bad thing is that all my exams are at 7:30. On Tuesday I get out at 9:10. I am only at school for 2 hours. Getting a lot of sleep tonight and tomorrow afternoon I have my first one.
    Good, we want you well rested. Good luck.

Taking a break from studying to go shopping for running shoes. It feels like I take one step forward and 2 back.\=[
    Shoes are so important to your little tootsies. Did you get a good pair?

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Good, we want you well rested. Good luck.

Shoes are so important to your little tootsies. Did you get a good pair?
    Yeah. They are adidas.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Thanks. The good thing is that if we don't have an exam at 7:30 we can come to school late to sleep in a bit but the bad thing is that all my exams are at 7:30. On Tuesday I get out at 9:10. I am only at school for 2 hours. Getting a lot of sleep tonight and tomorrow afternoon I have my first one.

Yay, for wxtra time off. Gabe is correct, rest is important. You will do great. Kind of funny being online with so many moms sharing advice huh?

Taking a break from studying to go shopping for running shoes. It feels like I take one step forward and 2 back.\=[
    Think of new running shoes as two steps forward. This menas you can get out there, even if it is for a shorter time. Better then none at all, and these will help motivate you.

I was less than amused but he was melting down, so I just proceeded problematically. Ugh. Resolved now. Still better than the flood of his apartment a year ago.

In case anyone doesn't know this, sometimes children make their parents very, very tired. Good thing we love them.
    Wow, but yes, they can be exhausting. but all the fun and joy is usually worth it. (some stories I hear, not so much)

Brief re-cap. DS last year returned to his old apt at school, after winter break. To his apt and bedroom flooded and apt. below. We had learned of the flood a few days before while at my FIL's wake. In May the landlord presented me with a $18,000.00 bill for HIS SHARE of the damages. Outcome: we didn't pay, apt. owners insurance did but landlord still has security deposit. On my to do list.

---

DS went back to school Sunday, Monday he called melted down. All his classes cancelled. One of his student loans did not post, only about $1500.00 from the previous semester. So they cancelled his classes. Would not unlock his account until paid in full. So I'm running around like a chicken moving money around so he can cross street take $1500.00 in cash and pay the cashier and try and get back in his classes.

DS wasn't gone 24 hours yet. I had not recovered from Christmas break yet. Boy never asks to speak to Dad when there is a problem, that is what Mom is for.
    That really stinks. Those student loans have messed a lot of folks up this cycle. Seems they would have called him, or you or someone nad said there was a problem, but at that age, I guess they expect them to do it all themselves. At least you could get it all worked out. Imagine all the students who did not have access to the money needed to get it all fixed.

moms are ALWAYS the problem solvers, usually becaus ethey manage the checkbooks.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Lots of angry folks in Haiti. Seems help is not happening fast enough for anyone. Reminds me of another disaster, HMMMMM.

Things can only move as fast as they can move.

THAT is my bit of wisdom for the day,

Yeah, not so much.

My thoughts on the entire mess are not even nice enough to post here. SO, I am off to fax a baotload of congress people.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post

Wow, but yes, they can be exhausting. but all the fun and joy is usually worth it. (some stories I hear, not so much
    )

Loving them doesn't mean you don't occasionally imagine an anvil falling from the sky towards Wile E. Coyote

That really stinks. Those student loans have messed a lot of folks up this cycle. Seems they would have called him, or you or someone nad said there was a problem, but at that age, I guess they expect them to do it all themselves. At least you could get it all worked out. Imagine all the students who did not have access to the money needed to get it all fixed.
    Oh it was a problem. I pulled the money, called accounting they said yes he could pay with a debit card. Fine. Put in his account. I'm still in the bank and I have a $500 limit per day on his card. Normally a smart move with the kid. Bank could not over ride the $500, school would not take a check for a locked down account!!!! So manchild ran across the street, actually to a branch of my bank, took out cash and ran cash back across the street to the cashier in the business dept. He said the lady though he just left and was stunned as he was counting out $$$ to the penny!

Hope he got a receipt!

moms are ALWAYS the problem solvers, usually becaus ethey manage the checkbooks.

Yes we are. And yes I do. Second best isn't Dad either, it is my Mom, Grandma.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Things can only move as fast as they can move.

THAT is my bit of wisdom for the day,
    Ya, what a mess. Makes me feel a bit better about my Day.

DD went splat at school this morning, call from nurse an hour after she left for school. Had to go get her and get her car home too.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Yes we are. And yes I do. Second best isn't Dad either, it is my Mom, Grandma.

Ya, what a mess. Makes me feel a bit better about my Day.

DD went splat at school this morning, call from nurse an hour after she left for school. Had to go get her and get her car home too.
    I can only speak for myself, but if I got credit for all of lifes daily "fires" that I've put out, I'd have the title "Super Chief"!

OUCH! Hope DD is OK...

OK...
    Helped put out...
    We both do our share of dousing!

Fires seem to go to either the Mom or the Dad, rarely is it split evenly.

DD is hypoglycemic. Been a long while since she splatted.

Tucked safely in her bed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    OK...
    Helped put out...
    We both do our share of dousing!
    Well good for your wife you are an equal opportunity dous'r!

My DH until recently was working 10-11 hours a day. I was the dous'r from the get go.

Fires seem to go to either the Mom or the Dad, rarely is it split evenly.

DD is hypoglycemic. Been a long while since she splatted.

Tucked safely in her bed now.
    Glad she's OK. Hope She feels better soon!

Well good for your wife you are an equal opportunity dous'r!

My DH until recently was working 10-11 hours a day. I was the dous'r from the get go.
    Yep. Even when I was workin' full-time I held up my end.
    Fixin' cars, things around the house, takin' lunch hours+ to take kiddo's to Dr. appts. if DW couldn't, etc. Works best that way, although it can't always be that way for everyone.

Workin' from 3-close today. It'll boring as heck. One man show. Everyone is pretty well stocked up on calendars, games, etc. since the holidays. Time moves faster when there's a bunch a bidness.
    I like to be busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kickin' contest!

[QUOTE]
    Glad she's OK. Hope She feels better soon
    !

Thanks, she can stand again.
    Yep. Even when I was workin' full-time I held up my end.
    Fixin' cars, things around the house, takin' lunch hours+ to take kiddo's to Dr. appts. if DW couldn't, etc. Works best that way, although it can't always be that way for everyone. [/QUOTE
    ]
    Yep, my DH does all the odd jobs around the house, will even clean, we both avoid laundry, but those kids and all of their problems somehow were mine. He coached their sports teams, timed for their swim meet but the problems, those kids call me.

Workin' from 3-close today. It'll boring as heck. One man show. Everyone is pretty well stocked up on calendars, games, etc. since the holidays. Time moves faster when there's a bunch a bidness.
    I like to be busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kickin' contest!
    I still can't find a calendar, forgot before Christmas and now it seems the only one I can find is "the 7 years I spent in college were the best years of my life."