Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 791 of 852 FirstFirst ... 291691741781789790791792793801841 ... LastLast
Results 11,851 to 11,865 of 12780
Like Tree2Likes
General Discussions Discuss The Dark Side Has Cookies..... in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by Keasmom Our state has talked about making it impossible for teens to get a license unless it is a farmers kid, just to cut down on wrecks. ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: The Dark Side Has Cookies.....

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Our state has talked about making it impossible for teens to get a license unless it is a farmers kid, just to cut down on wrecks.
    I just think it is dumb. At least I can monitor their driving while a minor and have a leg to stand on, leverage. Can't imagine turning a kid loose, with the new freedoms of college and a drivers licence at the same time.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

We have the same thing here. 12% and they just shut down a place tha templyed over 500 people. Two more factories are shutting down. That will put 700 people more on the dole. I don't think anything they are doing is helping, really. It is all a giant paperwork shuffling exercise.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I just think it is dumb. At least I can monitor their driving while a minor and have a leg to stand on, leverage. Can't imagine turning a kid loose, with the new freedoms of college and a drivers licence at the same time.
    Agreed. But one of our legistlators went to Europe and saw how hard it is to get a drivers livense there, how much more responsible the drivers are-etc, etc, etc (yeah, political blah, blah, blah) and thinks that making them wait for the right to drive is the answer.

Guess he doesn;t think a whole lot about parental responsibility. And he forgets his own children got licenses at 16, and are still driving. Dolts, dufuses and sillyheads.

DO you ever feel like we all slide thru the rabbit hole and live in an alternate universe from the politicians?

I already have two hours of work backed up in the shop. More people are coming, go figure, it is snowing in some places.

Dufuses abound in this part of the world.

Wonder if that is actually dufus' or Dufus's or Dufi for plurals.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

Hmpf. I like the idea of hiring people who are unemployed. Giving firms a tax break for hiring off the unemployment list, questionable. Why would firms hire an candidate who is temporarily under-employed if you could get a tax break from hiring the unemployed.

Will likely keep newly unemployed from accepting under-employment and go straight to unemployment insurance to secure future hiring odds.
    I've done the whole unemployment thing twice. I never want to return to it. I also would like to see more tax incentives to keep jobs here and not moving them overseas. If not incentives then penalties for when those companies decide to move those jobs overseas. Please make it more expensive for the companies that decide to move operations from here to there.

And another dumb idea looms...No driving permits until you are 16.
    Well some states have already done this. You cannot get permits until you are 17 or you have to start with a license that graduates until you are 17.

The rules in my state have changed a lot. When I was teen, I could obtain my permit at 15 years 10 months following the successful completion of driver's ed through my high school. On my 16th birthday, that became my driver's license. I had no driving restrictions. Not so so true anymore.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    I've done the whole unemployment thing twice. I never want to return to it. I also would like to see more tax incentives to keep jobs here and not moving them overseas. If not incentives then penalties for when those companies decide to move those jobs overseas. Please make it more expensive for the companies that decide to move operations from here to there.
    My husbands company deals mainly with the Auto and Cell Phone Co.'s, unfortunately it is cheaper now to send it all to China and just rework the boo boo's back in the US. Meanwhile, Detroit is a ghost town, home abandoned, employment next to impossible. I so agree we need to help ourselves. But until Americans realize the trickle down effect we will stay on this roller coaster.

Lay off 100 auto workers, they no longer go to Disney, eat out at local restaurants, buy new furniture etc., have money to invest and then all those companies start to feel the pinch. So many without health insurance. Employed many would without government help. If we didn't have 11% unemployment more would be paying taxes instead of receiving unemployment. Too many do not look at the big picture when they buy foreign goods. Just look at all the Disney themed Toys that have been recalled this year for Lead content, from China. How do we find this to be a good thing? Ahhhhhhh!

Well some states have already done this. You cannot get permits until you are 17 or you have to start with a license that graduates until you are 17.

The rules in my state have changed a lot. When I was teen, I could obtain my permit at 15 years 10 months following the successful completion of driver's ed through my high school. On my 16th birthday, that became my driver's license. I had no driving restrictions. Not so so true anymore.
    Ours have to hold a permit for 9 months and log a 100 hours behind the wheel. We started ours at 15 to have a year under their belts before they had a licence. If they change the age by a year I'm betting the statistics will just change to a year older. A new driver is a new driver.
    I'm not seeing a great difference in the judgement of a 15 year old permit, to a 16 year old permitted driver.

My DS, summer birthday, received one speeding ticket at 17. Had to stay clean 4 months to get the ticket removed. I took his license for 4 months, problem solved. His car stayed parked for 4 months in the drive as he took the bus to school and Mommy had to drive him to work. He learned. A year later, I'd likely would have never even known he got a ticket.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I just sold the wheels right off my car. Yikes, I have to roll factory until I get another set on there.

I gave her an outrageous price and she just peeled the money off or a roll and handed it over. Sweet.

Not sure I love that wheel, I may go chrome.

Now my poor car is on a lift with exactly zero wheels. HMMM, decisions, decisions, decisions.

It is weird when I am on the front desk and someone gets "THAT" phone call. Ugh, her grandaddy just passed. Sad. Now she is crying.