Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 799 of 852 FirstFirst ... 299699749789797798799800801809849 ... LastLast
Results 11,971 to 11,985 of 12780
Like Tree2Likes
General Discussions Discuss The Dark Side Has Cookies..... in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by Keasmom Okay, here is some information that might help some folks save money on their car stuff. !. Check your tire pressure and the air pressure in ...
    Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Re: The Dark Side Has Cookies.....

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post

Okay, here is some information that might help some folks save money on their car stuff.

!. Check your tire pressure and the air pressure in your spare. Cold air makes tires lose air pressure. Low air pressure results in premature tire wear. In other words, you run your tires out much faster, having to buy new ones a lot faster then you expected.

2. Get your alignment checked at least 2 times a year, PLEASE people. Bad alignment chews up the inner or outer edges of your tires-premature tire wear-buying MORE tires. A 4 wheel alignment saves a fortune in tires.

3. Rotate those tires at least as often as recomended in th emnaufactureres handbook for your car. PLEASE.

4. If steel belts appear on your tire-that is NOT road debris, it IS your tire. Do not drive on that, you will have a flat and a wreck if you are going fast enough, or it is on the front of the car.

Rant over, thank you very much. This rant was presented after seeing 3 separate cases of low air pressure/bad alignment flats. Half an ounce of prevention.......
    Thanks, Chris!
    But you already know I knew all a' that...!

The one I like, is to be behind a car or truck on the road, and it looks like it's goin' down the road sideways. No amount of alignment will fix what a bent frame will do to tires, etc.! One darn good way to tell if a car's been wrecked before, too!

Yeah, but we have to pay full price (cost) out of our pocket. No freebies here. So, if I want pretty wheels, I either have to go with the ones they gave me (okay, 15 years in this business, and that is the first set we have ever been "given". I use quotes on that because with the numbers of items we order from those warehouses-free is relative.

Oh yea. Free is far and few between. Just bustin' your chops a bit!

That is too funny.
    Kinda' surprised I got away with that one, actually...!

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    This weekend we were originally to be in New Orleans. Routed through New York and then to NOLA. So glad I thought that was nuts or we might have been stranded in NYC. While my sister has a condo in Time Square they keep, would be hard to have gotten the key since they live in Ohio. Guess this was a blessing.

Plus I got to see dead corn and dead soybeans topped with cow.
    How many? Did you cownt them?

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    Happy Anniversary Chris.
    Happy belated anni, Chris!

One of my lifts out back sprung a hydraulic fluid leak. It is all over the floor. What a mess.
    Now, you kinda' know how Walt felt with the original "Mr. Lincoln"...!

Time to call the repair man. He comes from Birmingham. That is never a cheap repair bill. BAHHHHH.
    I sowwy!

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Guess What

I am sick again his time I have an Ear Infection. I got medicine for it. Weekend plans are still in sight so that a good thing.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Your kidding! Boy your immune system needs warm weather, cause you have nothing left.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    OK...
    No matter how hard I try, I just can't get into selling & installing batteries.
    This is, by far and away, THE most flippin' BORING job I have ever had!
    Sometimes, 2 hours will have passed, and the only business you've had is installing a watch battery.
    Time to find something new...
    I've got an interview at Sears on the 16th, and I'm seein' what else I can set up.
    I swear, I tried. But, basically, ONLY batteries...!
    The part that really bites, though, is that they are now giving me more hours since I've finished training, which is what I originally wanted...!
    Oh well...!
    Sorry. Yep nothing like being bored to tears. Bett'n they will be sad to loose you.

Maybe you can work in the battery department of Sears?

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Errrr. Cows or Cow Patties?

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

OK...
    No matter how hard I try, I just can't get into selling & installing batteries.
    This is, by far and away, THE most flippin' BORING job I have ever had!
    Sometimes, 2 hours will have passed, and the only business you've had is installing a watch battery.
    Time to find something new...
    I've got an interview at Sears on the 16th, and I'm seein' what else I can set up.
    I swear, I tried. But, basically, ONLY batteries...!
    True, it probably can be dull. But it is a job. Last job I had that was utterly boring, I pretended it was an acting class-method acting. I survived until something better came happened. lol. Should be picking up though, spring has a way of getting the boater, jet skiers, atv's and such going again. Maybe Sears will happen. OR, maybe the other market will begin improving. Pixie dust, and lots of prayers.

The part that really bites, though, is that they are now giving me more hours since I've finished training, which is what I originally wanted...!
    Oh well...!
    Well, at least it is more hours.

Thanks, Chris!
    But you already know I knew all a' that...!

The one I like, is to be behind a car or truck on the road, and it looks like it's goin' down the road sideways. No amount of alignment will fix what a bent frame will do to tires, etc.! One darn good way to tell if a car's been wrecked before, too!
    Yeah, you should know those things. BUT a surprising number of people do not. That was a PSA, sort of, after a screaming woman wondered why her tires "went bad" after only 8 months. Hey lady, remember us telling you to take it to get aligned-NOW? Oh, that afects my tires?

I am always surprised by the number of people who do not know what size tires they have or the approximate cost they should pay for a new set. THAT is how people get taken at tire stores, and they rarely think to as for a non name brand tire, as opposed to the super expensive name brand.

If money is super tight, there are used tire stores in every city, and in a pinch, a used one is way less money and can last several months.

Trying to help educate on that kind of stuff, cause I hear too many horror stories.

But then, you knew that already. HAHAHAH

Kinda' surprised I got away with that one, actually...!
    I actually have a great sense of humor and zero issue with being the punchline. Laughter makes it all worth while.

No you didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    Guess What

I am sick again his time I have an Ear Infection. I got medicine for it. Weekend plans are still in sight so that a good thing.
    Good grief child. How about Green Tea extract and immune defense support from the health food store? I learned the hard way that sleeping with my head elevated keeps the sinus drainage out of my ears. Yucky, but no more ear infections.Be better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Sorry. Yep nothing like being bored to tears. Bett'n they will be sad to loose you.

Maybe you can work in the battery department of Sears?
    LOL. Appliance department would be more fun.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Our Sears is awful, so we never go there. It is filthy and the staff is horrid.

They rarely ever clean or sort the place and only the Appliance and Tool departments are staffed with people who know anything.

I asked about some school uniform parts in there and the girl looked right at me and said, "We don't sell school uniforms" at which point I asked her to please turn around, and look at the rack 2 feet away, YEP, FULL of school uniforms with a giant sign "School Uniforms".

Yes, I sent an email to corporate.

Speaking of uniforms, I need to buy DD a new plaid jumper. Hers is perfect in the shoulders but way too short. Poor thing, she is so thin, and so tall, she can wear a 12 for length, but needs an 8 for width.

Mornin' gang!

Today is my Sunday for this week.
    Oh, how I long for the days when my "weekends" were THE weekend...!