Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 812 of 852 FirstFirst ... 312712762802810811812813814822 ... LastLast
Results 12,166 to 12,180 of 12780
Like Tree2Likes
General Discussions Discuss The Dark Side Has Cookies..... in the Community Center forums; DS can retain this - then have a discussion with you and go into detail and the amazing part is that he learned it or heard it weeks before. DH ...
    minnietoo is offline Loving wife of Disney Store CM!!

Re: The Dark Side Has Cookies.....

DS can retain this - then have a discussion with you and go into detail and the amazing part is that he learned it or heard it weeks before. DH took DS a few years back to the reenactment of Iwo Jima and he loved it.
    We've even gotten phone calls from his history teacher explaining how they love having him in class but DS needed to remember that he was the student not the teacher when it came to the history the teacher was trying to do.
    So maybe this will be his continued passion!

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Well, we have to know how we became us, how they vecame them, and how we all exist together but uneasily. Boring but necessary. I STILL love reading history, I read the founding fathers to understand our true history better.

For some reason, that oh-so-short, but VERY over-the-top important part of history is very near and dear to me. It was horrible beyond belief but it is, so far IMO, THE most defining time in the world's recent history, so I am VERY passionate about it.

We balance each other out. Probably why God created us the way he did. Us too emotional, ya'll stalwart and calm outside.

Not always 'calm and stalwart' on the outside , but I know what you mean!
    We tend to swallow and bury a lot of stuff. But if you do that too much, it's bound to come up like bad eggs sooner or later...!

I feel so much better with all the help. Last year the Gatlinburg trip wasn't so hard, this year, way harder.

That is exactly it. I will miss her so much, and her chatter, and made up songs and dances. I will just miss her, but I know, I KNOW this is good for all of them.
    YOU CAN DOOOOO EEEEETT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    My dad was in Vietnam three times as a Navy Corpsman, twice on the gound with the Marines and once on a Naval Hospital ship.
    WOOF!!! Bet he saw ALOT of fun...!

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    No disrespect to the soldiers. Text books are written in a boring fashion.
    Very different than a non fiction book. Add in how many times the same time frame is taught redundantly over and over in the 12 years they are in school. As text book firms keep consolidating, it will only become worse.

They need to find a better way to deliver the material to those with the attention span of 20 minutes. Studies have shown that if you dont drive your point in that span, you've lost them, it is just how the young brain is wired.
    Oh, I knew you weren't dissin' 'em, my friend!
    And, your right about the way they are written, but there's not much else you can do with stone-cold fact.
    Maybe the teachers should just have 'em watch "Band of Brothers" and "The Pacific" when it becomes available to them.

Since we are both Catholic we can discuss the lineage of our current Pope and his slap happy family. We could really start up
    a fueled fight on that topic.
    Are you kidding?!?! If I got into "Pope talk" in an unfavorable way, and my mommy found out, she would melt my WHOLE face with one look... God bless her...!

How about what changes you would like to see on The Great Movie Ride or Should the Hat move out of the way of the Great Movie Ride.
    Better?

I'm a CM. I know nothing. At least as far as y'all know...

Quote Originally Posted by minnietoo View Post
    All I wanted to do was say HI - but this conversation seems a bit hot!
    OK
    HI!!
    I sowwy, honey...!

Hi.

Not hot here. Seems to be a bit more near and dear to your hubby's soul.

Maybe you should give him 2 malts?
    Already did!!

I know, silly me!
    Put those flames right out, though...!

MMMmmmmmalted beverages!!!!!

And this is where he will stay for the rest of the night......He is not getting back on the computer after that rant!!!!!
    See...."we balance each other"!!!!!

How funny. He says your son loves history too.

My son's college major.

Not mine.

Good night.
    DS can retain this - then have a discussion with you and go into detail and the amazing part is that he learned it or heard it weeks before. DH took DS a few years back to the reenactment of Iwo Jima and he loved it.
    We've even gotten phone calls from his history teacher explaining how they love having him in class but DS needed to remember that he was the student not the teacher when it came to the history the teacher was trying to do.
    So maybe this will be his continued passion!
    The boy LOVES his history, just like his daddy!
    And that trip to Fredericksburg for the Iwo Jima reenactment was a HOOT-and-a-half!!!!!

We met a WWII vet, named Jim Reed, who was in a special about the invasion on the history channel that we watched the very night before!!!
    He was in the 4th Marine Division and his brother was in the 3rd. Unfortunately, his brother was KIA.
    You should have seen the tears runnin' down that man's face during the reenactment. It was stirring, to say the least.

Look at the time! Oooooppss... Need to get back to my yard work soon...!

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Another good day! I spent the day at my grandma's house. Practice OGTs start tomorrow. I truly don't want to spend 2 hours in a room to take a 1 hour test.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

minnietoo is offline Loving wife of Disney Store CM!!

My kids are out this week for spring break! We are going to have such beautiful weather mid to high 70's I so do love this time of year, but then again I love summer (and the heat) and fall. It can only get cold for Thanksgiving and Xmas then back to the 70's etc....

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I hate chossing... Our schools spring play and guard try-outs are on the same night. I can A tell Chris ( backstage guy) that I cant come on these days because of a graded class has something planned then or B talk to Staci ( guard instructor) that I cant come because I have backstage of the play and my mom does not want me to drop that for something that is a graded class and that is high on my list then drama.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    Are you kidding?!?! If I got into "Pope talk" in an unfavorable way, and my mommy found out, she would melt my WHOLE face with one look... God bless her...!
    OK, I'll be on that side then, my mommy doesn't bite, she knows too much with Nun's in her family.

I sowwy, honey...!
    Bet she was giving you the stink eye!

Look at the time! Oooooppss... Need to get back to my yard work soon...!
    No yard work here. I you step on the ground your foot sinks 2-3" in the mud. Squish.