Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss DWT Spawn! in the Community Center forums; Aaron is cute, and thats a great box, where are you shipping him to?...
    DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Aaron is cute, and thats a great box, where are you shipping him to?
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    My kids still love to play in boxes!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    I always checked the farmer's almanac. It worked every time for my 4 kids and with the kids not being upset at all. DD asked for her bottle two nights and that was all but even then it was just asking no tears. The hardest child to get off pacifier would ask for it but wasn't upset- no tears at all.

The almanac is supposed to be for when to wean animals but my little rugrats seems to follow it perfectly. Just a thought.
    Gae, I am totally in the dark on this one, how does the Almanac work?

Meg, both my boys were paci addicts, one in mouth, one in each hand. Then I made them disappear one by one. When they asked where the paci(s) was/were, I said I did not know and it was as easy as that. No crying, no fussing, I don't think they even looked for them. I did not make a big deal about it, did not say "you are getting too big for one" etc. It was amazingly easy.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydarling View Post
    So, I had a hard time sleeping last night...wonder if it could have had anything at all to do with the three other life forms that weasled their way into my bed (cat not shown). Talk about sleeping quadruple in a double bed!
    Matthew still climbs into my bed periodically, I don't sleep well when he sleeps perpendicularly and he pokes me with his little feet. Hard to say no to your baby at 2am. If I ask him before bed if he will sleep in his own bed all night, he usually says yes and sleeps through the night. Often I will let him fall asleep in my bed since both boys share a room and take so long to fall asleep if not. Then I move him to his bed.

The almanac is used based on lunar things. Supposed to be the best time to plant, shear, and wean. Lots of history behind it. It has been around for awhile.

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Matthew still climbs into my bed periodically, I don't sleep well when he sleeps perpendicularly
    how do kids do that, tiny little bodies needing 80% of the bed?! I ended up on the sofa last week and left Chris and Alex in our bed, i got a lot more space that way!
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary

Here's pictures of Cassidy from her dance recital this past weekend.

Can't blame her for hating that wig!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    She is sooooo adorable!!!!
    I love her super sparkly outfits, and agree- the wig had to go!!! Her hair looked great!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Ahhh what a great thread! I just love sharing stories and photos of my baby!

This is my huge mess of cuteness, Aaron. He's just about 27 months old and the light of my life.

He is so sweet! Where exactly are you sending him? And can mine come too?

Just kidding, of course, well mostly.

This thread is turning out to be alot of fun...very nice to read sage wisdom from the more experienced mommys. Sometimes I feel like the blind leading...myself

Lori - Your little girl is cute as a button!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Cassidy looks beautiful, did you do her hair yourself Lori?
    x FIONA x

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13 View Post
    Cassidy looks beautiful, did you do her hair yourself Lori?
    Oh no! If I would've done her hair it would've looked like that wig. The other little girl in the one picture Rachael. Her mom, Heidi, cuts our hair and does Cassidy's hair for the show. She always does a great job on it.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    This thread is a great idea!! My DS had to have 4 "pacis" all the time, when he turned 3 we posted them to the present fairy (ie walked to the post box!!) It worked though.

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    Here are my DS's!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DWT Spawn!-katy-wedding-098.jpg   DWT Spawn!-katy-wedding-102.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by tarynkelly View Post
    This thread is a great idea!! My DS had to have 4 "pacis" all the time, when he turned 3 we posted them to the present fairy (ie walked to the post box!!) It worked though.
    That is a good idea! At first I thought I read the "paci fairy", ha ha! 3 is a good age, they are old enough to understand certain things. A friend had her kid drop it in the trash bin when the garbage truck came by, watch it get dumped in the truck. Somehow I think that is not as nice as mailing it!

Quote Originally Posted by tarynkelly View Post

I know of someone else who got balloons and tied the pacis to the strings. I forgot the story behind why they did it though. But the kids liked to see them disappear.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast