Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss DWT Spawn! in the Community Center forums; When we were down to the last one when my son was little, I just pretended that I couldn't find it. We spent an hour looking all over the house(I ...
    jaymie is offline You can fly!
    When we were down to the last one when my son was little, I just pretended that I couldn't find it. We spent an hour looking all over the house(I put it in the trash). After that he just gave up looking and never asked for it again.
    - Jaymie

I do believe in fairies, I do, I do!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Sorry I've been away so much folks! The answer to the question is... "Grandma's House"... that's where I was shipping him to. He said he wanted me to, until I closed up the box, then he wasn't as into it. LOL!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    The new haircuts...pictures didn't turn out so great but you get the idea.
    Last edited by Tinker Bell; 02-10-2011 at 09:10 AM.

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Those two are so cute Caroline!!
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    When I worked at the Disney Store I had a mom bring in her little guy. He picked out a toy and she asked him how he was going to pay for it. He slowly handed me his pacifier. I put it in the cash register, just like it was money, and closed the drawer. I wish I could remember what he bought with it, but he seemed to think it was an okay trade!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    When I worked at the Disney Store I had a mom bring in her little guy. He picked out a toy and she asked him how he was going to pay for it. He slowly handed me his pacifier. I put it in the cash register, just like it was money, and closed the drawer. I wish I could remember what he bought with it, but he seemed to think it was an okay trade!
    What a great story! A little Disney magic to help give up the paci!
    - Jaymie

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Tonight is the night....we are taking the paci's to Toys R Us (wish we had a Disney Store in Slow-cala) to trade them for a shiny new toy

I really really hope I am not in for several nights of screaming

Rileys birthday is tomorrow! I keep telling him his birthday is coming up and he will look out the window like "where?". My mom, step dad, step sibligs, and little brother are coming down in the morning to go to Silver Springs. I am going to decorate the house in Dora the Explorer style (he requested either a Dora or Princess Party...sigh) and the whole group will join us for cake and icecream in the afternoon. I will post a mini birthday report tomorrow

Here is some cuteness to tide you over in the meantime! Riley "helping me" with barn chores. Click on Image

Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    Two new methods of pumishment (for boys), that is proving to be very very effective-
    1, for anger- 15 minutes of drawing cute happy things like flowers, hearts, butterflys, rainbows etc. They hate it!!
    2, for arguing- they have two sit together on the sofa and can only leave once they have held a polite and caring conversation with each other. They think they are sooooo smart by being nice to each other and making it a short punishment, maybe one day they will realise thats the plan!!
    Last edited by DisneyDreamer13; 06-21-2008 at 05:17 AM.
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13 View Post
    Two new methods of pumishment (for boys), that is proving to be very very effective-
    1, for anger- 15 minutes of drawing cute happy things like flowers, hears, butterflys, rainbows etc. They hate it!!
    2, for arguing- they have two sit together on the sofa and can only leave once they have held a polite and caring conversation with each other. They think they are sooooo smart by being nice to each other and making it a short punishment, maybe one day they will realise thats the plan!!

Great ideas, I'm going to have to use both of those! I don't think the first will work on my daughter though. Maybe I'll make her draw bugs and worms and stuff. It could work. Thanks for sharing such great ideas!
    - Jaymie

That little video is so precious!!! I can't believe Cooper just trotted on over to Riley and listened intently to what he was saying!!! So cute.

Good luck trading in the pacis for a toy. It'll work. I hope he gets something he really wants. I think that is the trick.

Oh dear, i think i've just been kinda cruel to Alex.

He kept complaining that his wobbly tooth makes it hurt too much to clean his teeth, so i told him that if the tooth fairy finds dirty teeth she'll put a new toothbrush under his pillow instead of cash.

I never planned to make that story up, the words just found their own way out of my mouth!
    x FIONA x

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Fiona, that story makes perfect sense! For example, when we forgot tooth fairy money under a pillow, we have thrown money on the ground or my favorite, since the tooth was pulled, we called it harvested. And everyone knows that harvested teeth take a bit longer to get pay for since the tooth fairy isn't prepared since it wasn't on her list. It worked for us.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    For example, when we forgot tooth fairy money under a pillow, we have thrown money on the ground
    I TOTALLY blame the American tooth fairy for that problem, would you believe that is EXACTLY what happened while we were over in Florida last month!!! LOL
    x FIONA x

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Maybe it was the English Tooth Fairy having difficulties with the exchange rate!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast