Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss DWT Spawn! in the Community Center forums; ...
    Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    No harm with using the toothfairy to coerce good tooth care

A couple nights before Christmas I told Riley that if he didn't go to sleep Santa was going to be really mad at him...all in all one of my lower parenting moments...but it worked
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Rileys Birthday

Not trying to completely takeover the entire thread - but thought ya'll might like some comic relief in the form of a toddler birthday report...

It's my birfday...Me is free years old

My advice to new parents….avoid the paci! The high is great, it seems like an instant solution to crying mouths, but the withdrawl is brutal. Riley paced, cried, bargained, threatened, and begged until about 2am. He finally told me “Mommy you are killing me!” rolled over, and passed out. Meanwhile I nursed the better half of a pricey bottle of Merlot (can you say "paci for grown ups" everyone) and was extremely greatful to climb into my extra comfy nest in anticipation of maybe even sleeping in till sunrise…

Psych. 5:45 am I hear my bedroom door swing open and come face to face with Ri man, and a paci stuck like a tumor in the middle of his face….he had apparently woken up at some point in the night, gone spelunking in the couch cushions, and found a rather dusty pink paci. Too tired to address his addiction just then I pulled him into bed with me and assumed the spooning position…it was then that the stench hit me. Riley is 100% potty trained during the day but still sleeps with a diaper at night since he has the unfortunate habit of having a massive bowel movement just before he wakes up. This particular movement had moved out of his pants, down his legs, and all over my nightgown and 1000 thread count Egyptian cotton (white) sheets. I decided we both needed a shower asap. With very hot water. And bleach. Maybe new skin?

I bathed my poopy baby then set him on a clean towel in front of the babysitter (aka public television) and jumped into the shower myself...one of the downsides of single parenting is that it is hard to enjoy your shampoo when you are fairly certain that at any momet your spawn could be
    sticking forks in electrical sockets, choking the cat, or eating rat poison.

After I showered, dressed, and burnt my sheets (ok, not really) we loaded up in the car to feed horses and pick up his Dora cake. I am normally a whiz in the kitchen but in keeping with my diet I decided it would be a lot easier to resist eating a cake if I didn’t make it (I mean really, show me a woman who can resist licking the spoon and I will show you a woman with no soul). We ordered a Dora and Diego cake from the Publix bakery (the site of which just about put me in a diabetic coma).

I left the car idling outside my house and stashed the cake inside. When I returned I found that Riley had not only released himself from the confines of his seatbelt, he had also locked me out of the car. A terrible vision of him releasing the parking break and shifting into first gear played across my mind. Do I throw myself in front of the car? Do I put a fist through the window? Do I summon my super human mommy in crisis strength to pry the door open? Fortunately for myself, and my car, Riley leaned against the unlock button just long enough for me to yank the door open (and yank his booty out of the drivers seat)

10:00am and we are finally on our way to the Par-tay. Silver Springs is a “natural theme park” in Ocala along the banks of the silver river (a beautiful springfed river). The park itself is a little odd in a "we're really to cheap to spring for anything but bottom shelf amusments" kinda way but the scenery is beautiful. We met my mom, brother, and 10 year old stepsister there.

The whole Family

The first thing on our agenda was a turn on the glass bottom boats (which are, you guessed it, boats with glass bottoms). About half way through our ride we heard the ominous rumble of thunder and the sky began to darken in a menacing fashion. By the time we made it back to the dock it began to pour...and pour....and pour...so much so that they closed down the park.

I ended up taking Riley back the next morning and have included the pics below so those of you who were dying of curiousity could see the rest of the park

Five minutes from my house...I love Florida

Legend has it that a pic taken in this tree is worth five years good luck

We went back to the house and did the presents and cake thing. My brother gave Riley the Barney doll he had recieved on his third birthday. Ben is now 20 and slept with Barney almost every night. Not only that but Barney was also by his side for every chemo treatment while he was battling cancer. Riley and I will treasure it forever (even if it is modeled after a really creepy tv character)..

Funny side note - Riley woke me up one morning and asked if I like Barney...I mumbled that "Mommy thinks Barney is a sociopath"...a fact which he repeated to his preschool teacher. Guess who was not invited to be room mother this year?

The most exciting thing that happened is that Riley has a new brother. My friend Danette asked me to come out and look at a new filly she bought. I tried to put her off but she was super insistent so we drove out last night. The first thing I noticed was a massive gray gelding in the pasture. "Who is that??" I asked "He is drop dead beautiful" "That is exactly what I was hoping you would say" She responded. Turns out he is an ex racehorse who has not been ridden in 3 years, his owner is terrified of him and decided that she was either going to sell him or ship him to Mexico (where horse slaughter is legal) by the end of the month. Danette told her that she knew a girl who was gifted at working with "difficult" horses (me) and the lady agreed to give him to me if I wanted him...how could I say no? His name is "Soka" but I am thinking about changing it....doesn't he remind you of Prince Phillips horse?

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

That horse is beautiful!!!! He just needs a really good hug and a couple of lumps of sugar.

I think you should just change his name straight away to Prince Philip.
    You may have the sweetest brother ever, to give up his Barney? Riley looks so giddy to have it. And the little stinker locked you out of the car... that nearly made me laugh this laptop off my lap! It looks like he had a great birthday, the puddle jumping photo is absolutely priceless. He is one adorable little boy. And I love the "mine" t-shirt!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Sounds like a wonderful day! How great!

Does anyone know what the actual name of Prince Phillips horse is?

Sampson.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Ahhh what a great thread! I just love sharing stories and photos of my baby!

This is my huge mess of cuteness, Aaron. He's just about 27 months old and the light of my life.

I love this picture. Geez is he cute. Just wanta hug him and squeeze him.

My DS is an Aquatic Park Manager this summer. He had one of employee's hiding under an empty box in order to get out of work. DS taped box flaps to the floor.

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Great report Meg, Soka is cute, but Ri is much, much cuter!!!
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Ah yes, the explosive bowel movements, gotta love those! You sort of get immune to your kids poop after a while though. Unless it's a really bad stinker, that will have me gagging.

Meg, I have a macho firefighter friend who's 6 year old would wear a Snow White dress daily. The horror! And I have another equally macho Harley riding friend who's 10 yr old son would rather watch anything princess related on DVD. Sort of funny to watch these grown men cringe. It is probably a phase, I wouldn't worry about it, just warning you that it could last a while. My boys aren't into those things, although they rather enjoyed watching Barbie Princess with their girl cousins at grandma's house. And Matthew loves to wear my heels around the house!

Oh and the car thing? The thought always crosses my mind every time I step out of the car leaving the keys in the ignition. Thankfully it never happened but I could see Matthew doing that.

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    You know Meg, i was thinking today. First you got pooped on by the bird at WDW, then you got pooped on my Ri, things are getting bigger, maybe its a good idea if you dont stand behind Soka!
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    That horse is impressive, but Riley is soooo squeezably cute. Funny how almost all women love babies. Your baby is so adorable.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Are all boys useless? the conversation that went on in this house between alex and I makes me think so. Today is sports day for him, and the school sent a letter home asking that each child wear a t-shirt of their house colours. As Alex only moved to that school 3 weeks ago, i have no idea what the colour is so tried to ask my son!!
    me "Alex, whats your house colour then honey?"
    Alex "the one i have to wear for sports day"
    me "Yes, i know that babe, but what colour is that? Whats your house colour?"
    Alex "the house colours are blue and white and red and something else"
    me "Ok, but which is your house colour?"
    Alex *blank look*
    me "do your know your house colour?"
    Alex *blank look*
    me "Alex, do you even know which house you're in?"
    Alex "I like blue!"

I think I'll have to ask his teacher this morning and then dash to the store for a new t-shirt before sports day starts at 2pm.
    x FIONA x

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13 View Post
    Are all boys useless? the conversation that went on in this house between alex and I makes me think so. Today is sports day for him, and the school sent a letter home asking that each child wear a t-shirt of their house colours. As Alex only moved to that school 3 weeks ago, i have no idea what the colour is so tried to ask my son!!
    me "Alex, whats your house colour then honey?"
    Alex "the one i have to wear for sports day"
    me "Yes, i know that babe, but what colour is that? Whats your house colour?"
    Alex "the house colours are blue and white and red and something else"
    me "Ok, but which is your house colour?"
    Alex *blank look*
    me "do your know your house colour?"
    Alex *blank look*
    me "Alex, do you even know which house you're in?"
    Alex "I like blue!"

I think I'll have to ask his teacher this morning and then dash to the store for a new t-shirt before sports day starts at 2pm.

SO FUNNY!!! And the sad thing is they do not always grow out of it!!!

Oh sorry Fiona. That is hysterical. At least he didn't shout Hufflepuff!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast