Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss DWT Spawn! in the Community Center forums; I wanted to start a thread where those of us with nose miners and rugrats could brag, complain, inform, and provide some much needed comic relief from the duldrums of ...
    disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe

DWT Spawn!

I wanted to start a thread where those of us with nose miners and rugrats could brag, complain, inform, and provide some much needed comic relief from the duldrums of parenting.

Offers to trade children for all inclusive WDW vacations are strictly prohibited
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

I will start.

My spawn is Riley (aka Ri-Ri, Riley monsta, man-pants, baby love, buddy, stink bug). He will be three next week (which is totally insane). He made his first WDW trip at 18 mos and we went almost once a month for the next year (yay seasonal pass). We have not been since January 08 but he still talks about "Didney Would" almost every day.

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    This is great! My DD is Kealani Kalei, frighteningly smart, ridiculously funny and great at comedy and sarcasm. She loves WDW, and knows most of the abbreviations on the boards, because she reads them-she watches our grammar and spelling. I will try to download pics later.

Thanks, disneydarling, this is great. And Riley is awesome, what a cutie.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Don't ya just want nibble on 'em... That little Ri-Ri
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Ri is so cute Meg.
    These are our two ankle-biters. Any of you that have seen the recent trip reports might already know what they look like, but on the left is Alex (a.k.a. slug, maggot, lix, satan, bug etc) and on the right is Jason (a.k.a. Jay, J-J, slug, maggot etc).

The photo was taken at Typhoon Lagoon a couple of weeks ago, normally they dont hug like that, but Disney worked its magic yet again!!!
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Both boys certain do resemble their mum, Jason the most. I look forward to meeting these two one day.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Very hansome young men you have there Fiona!

So, I had a hard time sleeping last night...wonder if it could have had anything at all to do with the three other life forms that weasled their way into my bed (cat not shown). Talk about sleeping quadruple in a double bed!

Last edited by disneydarling; 06-15-2008 at 09:03 AM.

And yes, he still has a paci, and yes it is terrible.....he is addicted! I have decided to "trade" all the paci's for a new toy on his birthday....should be a rough couple of days...I may need medication

Taking the spawn to Wild Waters today ( a very local redneckish water park). We normally play in the wave pool and giant toilet (oops I mean kiddie pool) for a couple of hours and it almost always guarentees me a very long afternoon nap...keep your fingers crossed. Mama needs her beauty sleep

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    why, oh why, oh why, did my lovely man think giving the kids a set of golf clubs in a garden thats about 18ft long was a good idea!?
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13 View Post
    why, oh why, oh why, did my lovely man think giving the kids a set of golf clubs in a garden thats about 18ft long was a good idea!?

Oh dear.....well as long as he fixes the windows they will almost certainly bust!

Yep!! Every Mom out there can see whats gonna happen, why can Dads!!!!
    x FIONA x

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydarling View Post
    And yes, he still has a paci, and yes it is terrible.....he is addicted! I have decided to "trade" all the paci's for a new toy on his birthday....should be a rough couple of days...I may need medication
    I always checked the farmer's almanac. It worked every time for my 4 kids and with the kids not being upset at all. DD asked for her bottle two nights and that was all but even then it was just asking no tears. The hardest child to get off pacifier would ask for it but wasn't upset- no tears at all.

The almanac is supposed to be for when to wean animals but my little rugrats seems to follow it perfectly. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    I always checked the farmer's almanac. It worked every time for my 4 kids and with the kids not being upset at all. DD asked for her bottle two nights and that was all but even then it was just asking no tears. The hardest child to get off pacifier would ask for it but wasn't upset- no tears at all.

The almanac is supposed to be for when to wean animals but my little rugrats seems to follow it perfectly. Just a thought.
    Hmmm very intereasting. He is a very persistant young man....gets his teeth into something and has a hard time letting go...I need to send him to a half way house for paci addicts...or maybe I just need to take a vacation

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydarling View Post
    Hmmm very intereasting. He is a very persistant young man....gets his teeth into something and has a hard time letting go...I need to send him to a half way house for paci addicts...or maybe I just need to take a vacation
    With my firstborn, I doubted the old wives' tale. But worked perfectly with my children. Just a thought.

So- what types of things will give a child a non-itching rash?

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Ahhh what a great thread! I just love sharing stories and photos of my baby!

This is my huge mess of cuteness, Aaron. He's just about 27 months old and the light of my life.

Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast