Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Baltimore Aquairum anyone been? in the Community Center forums; Hey everyone I'm leaving early Saturday to go to Baltimore Aquarium for the day with my dad. Any must do's? I'm really excited about going! What else is in Baltimore ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Baltimore Aquarium anyone been?

Hey everyone I'm leaving early Saturday to go to Baltimore Aquarium for the day with my dad. Any must do's? I'm really excited about going! What else is in Baltimore to do? Thanks for any and all help and tips!
    Last edited by lilo88; 06-23-2008 at 04:56 PM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

anyone?!?!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Many times. My dh used to be a volunteer there. It's the best aquarium I've ever visited - including Sea World and the New Jersey Aquarium. Ft. McHenry is an interesting place to visit. Take in a ball game at the ball park or take a tour of either the stadium or the baseball park. Both are within walking distance of the Inner Harbor; where the aquarium is located. Take a ride on the light rail - just to see what Baltimore is like. You can go in either direction and then just get off, and take it back to the Inner Harbor. The Inner Harbor has tons of shops and restaurants that you can check out. Baltimore has a nice zoo as well, but I'm not sure how to get to it from downtown because I've only been there on school trips by bus. There's a museum downtown as well. I'm sorry I've forgotten the name, but I'm sure you can find it with a little research. I visited it a number of years ago when a touring exhibit was there.
    Last edited by mini-V; 06-23-2008 at 07:33 AM.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder
    The BA is a really fun place! I've been once every year since i was 7! You'll love it!!
    999,999 score on BLSRS! Galactic Hero!

I love working in the Theme Park Industry!

Thank you both!

V how much does the light rail cost. I think we probably will spend most of the day at the aquairum but maybe another day trip some other time. We only live about 3 hours away I think. I'm really excited about it!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I emailed you off list. Too bad you can't make a weekend out of it. There is a lot to do.
    Law School Family Reward Trip August 2005

Land-Sea-Land Vacation June 2008

Disney Wonder cruise to Alaska June 2011

My Milestone Birthday Trip April 2012

You can email me anytime. Trying to safe some money and doing just small day trips to some places.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

What do they mean by choose your entry time if you purchase the tickets online? If we wait till Saturday to get our tickets does that mean we will have to wait all day to get in the building and risk missing the Dolphin show at 11:30? And how busy is it on Saturday's?
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

1983disneykid is offline Annual Passholder
    Tiffany,

If you show up early enough, then you should be fine. There is usually a line for tickets everyday and Saturdays are the busiest. When you get to the line, the ticket person will still give you a specific time that you can enter the building (just like online), which helps to avoid big backups at the exhibits. Sometimes its 10 minutes later, sometimes over an hour. If I remember correctly, you can request a specific dolphin show as long as it isn't full yet and it is past your entry time.

I grew up in Baltimore and going to the aquarium was usually what I wanted to do on my birthday. You will have a blast. The exhibits follow the Maryland watershed, from the grassy areas to the Chesapeake Bay and then to the Atlantic Ocean. There are some temporary exhibits, and the rainforest is kept at rainforest temperature. So if you dress for air-conditioning, make sure your top layer is removable.

Thanks disneykid!

My aunt is ordering all of our tickets tonight so we will have them on saturday.

Thank you all for the help
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I just checked with DH. If you buy your tickets in advance, then you don't have to wait in the long lines to purchase them. (That can be a considerable time saver on Saturdays during the summer.) As stated, a show time for the dolphin show is on your ticket. You can choose the time if it's not sold out, otherwise you'll be given an available time. I always loved the shark tank the best. Hope you have a great time.
    I've not lived in Baltimore for 3 years, but I think a round trip ticket was around $3.50. We lived 3 stops from the airport and used to take it to Raven's Stadium and the Inner Harbor.

I don't know if you have any toddlers in your group, but strollers need to be checked inside the building. There is not enough room to take a stroller and some areas are too dark to move them safely.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Thanks

and nope no toddlers... Just My aunt Peggy, little cousin (16) Drew, exchange student from Martin (19), My Dad Buck, and Me Tiffany (19)
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I haven't been. Have fun! In fact, I haven't been to the Shedd Aquarium for a LONG time!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I really like the tree frog exhibit they have there too. Such colorful poisonous little creatures...

They say no food is allowed in too, but the last time I was there on a preschool trip, some moms did pack lunch. The lines can get very long.
    Law School Family Reward Trip August 2005

Land-Sea-Land Vacation June 2008

Disney Wonder cruise to Alaska June 2011

My Milestone Birthday Trip April 2012

I can't wait to see the tree frogs and the poisonous dart frogs (the little blue ones!)
    We are planing on packing lunch and I guess leaving it in the car with a cooler, are you allowed to go out to the car and comeback in the building?
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast