Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Adam's Indiana Beach Trip Report in the Community Center forums; Glad to hear yall and your home is safe. Sorry it was a rough night. Glad you all had fun other wise......
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Glad to hear yall and your home is safe. Sorry it was a rough night. Glad you all had fun other wise...
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    DAY 3

Today we just hung out around the pool, in our room, and we went on my uncle's boat. We did do one really cool thing today...went to a really cool train resturant and museum. It's located in Monon, IN. We always go past it and we always wanted to eat there. My (older) cousin ate there before and all 16 of us went.

This is our cousin Collin. He can get a little crazy sometimes. He went in our car to the resturant.

Like the IB slogan says "There's more than corn in Indiana!" We went by a lot of corn and soybean fields. I was just playing around with the camera in sport mode and it took great pics.

It was only 20-30 minutes away but Collin fell asleep.

The first thing you see is this train holding the sign. Enjoy some pics.

We were out in the middle of no where!

See next post...
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

DAY 3 CONT.

The sign to the museum.

I thought it was cool. The red RR circle swings back and forth (when it's on.)

We then went into a real caboose.

The furnace inside the caboose.

The bathroom

Looking out the back.

Sitting in the seats on the top of the caboose.

The seats

A look outside the window.

The caboose.

A look at the entrance of the museum. This was all in a guy's basement! Just about everything in the resturant and museum came from actual trains, stations, and people.

Four trains went through the resturant where we ate.

These probably hung on the back of cabooses when presidents gave speeches.

These lights came from the old Pullman station in Chicago.

This light and ticket booth actually came from my town, Dyer, IN. It was from an old station that was torn down.

See next post...

DAY 3 CONT. (STILL)

Enjoy some pics of the museum...

This one is just for Kerry!

An authentically decorated, and full size Illinois Central Depot.

Something we can all follow.

This was the ticket booth that was supposed to be in front but the one from Dyer fit better.

So after we looked around the museum we brought train whistles and the guy gave us free key chains. He even turned on all the bells and train crossing warning gates outside. We went back to the room and swam for a bit and just relaxed a bit. I don't have any pics of that but I do have tons more pics of the museum. (I didn't post them all here because it will take up too many posts.) I will post a link later so you can see all my IB pics.

Coming Up Next: Day 4

YAY!! That looked neat! I like the picture of you and the Adam's sign... lol. Very good pictures as usual!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Great report. Love all the train pics. I cracked up at the one of Colin all flopped over asleep in the car.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

He cracked me up too! He kept moving in his sleep, his head would be inside the seatbelt, outside, leaning to the left, right.

Here's the link to the Monon train museum: Monon Connection Museum

I forgot to add that my dad and grandpa used to work on the railroad and my brother is building a model railroad. That is one of the main reasons we wanted to go.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Wow, adam, I almost lost my lunch on those coaster pics, but they were great. You did a great job on your report and the pics are really good. Awesome reporting.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Thanks Chris! More to come tomorrow...

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Thank you Adam. Definitely my favorite pic- and so fitting!
    I'm not so sure I could ever walk into a museum, or anywhere other than Ireland and find my name on anything!

You take such visually interesting photos, well balanced. Great job!!!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

DAY 4

Nothing really special happened today. We just relaxed, swam, and went on the boat all day.

It was another beautiful day in Monticello. It was a little cool (mid to low 70s plus wind).

We went to the bakery for breakfast again. Today I had their famous biscuits and gravy. Mmmmm...

Abbey became really attached to me today. She wanted me to take a picture of her and how could I say no to that face?

Her mom (my 2nd cousin) brought out the radio and she started boogieing.

She also wanted me to take pictures of her doing this. I don't know why. She just stood like this. I thought she was going to do push ups but no.

The office. (The front of the owner's house that I showed you on the first or second day.)

After dinner we went to a really sad game room up the street at the IB campground. It was just about all the old games that used to be in the park. We only won a few tickets. We got a couple of small stuffed animals for our two little cousins. We won a whole lot of tickets at the park (and soon a whole lot more tomorrow.)

We were walking on the side walk so I ran in the grass to take these pics. I love all the hand painted signs here and anywhere for that matter.

The sign across the street from the IB sign above.

The game room.

A pic of the donut shop from across the street. We walked back and my mom had a mudslide. We then sat around with our family and talked for a while.

What a beautiful sunset. We had one of these just about every night.

Coming Up Next: Day 5 (the last full day)

Sounds like another relaxing day. Glad you all had fun!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Gosh, Adam the pics and report are so good, even I want to go to Indiana Beach. Great job.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

DAY 5

Today our friends are coming down to ride the rides with us. Kris and my mom have been friends for a long time, they met each other from their bunco group. She has three kids: Ryan (8th grade), Megan (6th grade), and Erin (3rd grade) (I can't remember how old they are.) Her husband was going to come down but he had to work a lot of hours to get people's electricity back on from the storms earlier that week.

We got to the park right at opening time (10). We went first to the roller coaster entrances/Kiddyland. Ryan loves the coasters. He road two coaster right off the back. I was going to ride the log flume but it didn't open til noon. (I wanted to get it done and over with.)

While Ryan was riding the coasters, everyone else road the merry-go-round. My mom and Kris didn't get ride tickets they watched us and talked. Erin and Megan went on some of the other kiddy rides.

We then went on the train for a ride around the park. We went threw Dr. Frankenstein's castle and saw this guy. Coming back the guy was gone and the Grim Reaper was there. This was a new addition last year.

Some of the coasters are built over the water.

We ate lunch at Dog n Suds which was new this year. Unfortunately they didn't have their famous root beer or hot dogs. I think it's because they changed recently. (On the 2008 guides they still have the name of the old restaurant. On top of this restaurant is the Tig'rr coaster. It was built on top of this restaurant that used to be called the Tig'rr's Den.

The Lions Club donation fountain.

The first coaster at IB (Galaxi) and the newly painted water slides.

We then went on the Den of Lost Thieves. It's a pirate shooting game.

After the Den of Lost Thieves we went on the Antique Autos. I let Megan drive and I took some pics. After that Ryan and Brandon went on the Falling Star, Megan went on the Water Swings, and Erin and I went on the Ferris Wheel.

Going up...

The views from the top.

My mom and Kris sitting on the bench while we're in the air. (My mom's in the green and Kris is in the pink.)

I wanted to try the Water Swings this year. But I had a bad experience a few years ago at IB on the Music Express. (The ride spins, goes up and down, and goes backwards.) I finally talked myself into going on. It was fun . I didn't like how if felt like the seat was tilting but it was fun. I was just very slightly dizzy but it wasn't as bad as the Music Express.

We got yard-long (most likely shorter) slushies to drink and the water/ski show was beginning. I took some pics of the opening act. I didn't want to leave it out because I knew we were in the splash zone. Only me and Megan got wet. A guy on a waverunner went by and sprayed us.

When the show was over we walked down to the other end of the boardwalk. I stopped to take pics of IB's famous Bugle Mouth Bass. They are just below the Galaxi coaster waiting to get popcorn from guests. They come back every year. No one knows how they know when people are there but some people think they feel the vibrations of the coaster above.

Everyone went on the Dogem' (bumper cars). I can't go on because of my back.

While they went on I went to play some games in the Quackers game room. There's one game where you put a quarter in and it has to land perfectly on a circle on a spinning dial. I landed on the jackpot! I won over 150 tickets!

After they got off the ride and played some games, we got a snack. My mom, Kris and I shared an Elephant Ear. And everyone else had Dippin' Dots. Brandon and Ryan then went to ride a couple of water slides that aren't supposed to get you wet (but they did.) Erin and I went up to ride the Skyride.

The ramp is right next to the Skyroom. An all-glass restaurant so you can see onto the boardwalk.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast