Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Adam's Indiana Beach Trip Report in the Community Center forums; DAY 1 (Note: Click on any pics to make them bigger.) We left on Sunday morning around quarter to eight to go get breakfast. While we were waiting to get ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Adam's Indiana Beach Trip Report

DAY 1

(Note: Click on any pics to make them bigger.)

We left on Sunday morning around quarter to eight to go get breakfast. While we were waiting to get our food I realized that I forgot to say good bye to my dogs! So we swung back home and I said good bye. (Note: My dad doesn't go on this trip for two reasons [one more than the other] he own his own business and he can't take time off and also he watches the dogs. Sometimes he comes down on the weekend but we didn't stay on the weekend this year.) Anyway I said good bye and we went to my aunt and uncle's house. After we talked for a bit we met at my cousin's house then we met at my other cousin's house. After we got our caravan together we were on our way!

After about an hour or so we got off the highway and ate at McDonald's. Then we left and traveled on the side roads to Monticello. We got to the room in the early afternoon.

Here are a few shots of the lake and the rooms.

My brother (in red) and my cousins Kendall (left) Justice and Taylor (right).

The view out the front of our room.

The view from the dock.

These are the unit we stay in. There is also a motel/hotel more kitchenettes and a "lighthouse." Our room is the second door from the right on top.

The owner's house.

My cousins Taylor (top) and Abby (bottom).

The Shafer Queen going by the resort.

After we went swimming, my mom went shopping for groceries, and ate dinner we went to the boardwalk to see all the changes...

The most noticable is the new custom steel coaster The Steel Hawg. They ran out of room in the actual park so they put it in the old parking lot! We could see the coaster from the pool and parking lot.

The entrance...

The coaster is right behind the entrance to the park.

The newly painted water slides.

The sign to one of my favorite boardwalk games. (The goal is to roll balls into slots and light up 5 in a row. If you do you win tickets but you are going against everyone sitting on your side.)

The newly painted Skyride.

One of the newest games is the GIANT crane game.

Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Adam, that looks like a lot of fun. Great photos and the lake is beautiful. Your little cousins are so cute.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

DAY 1 CONT.

A look down the boardwalk at the Giant Gondola Wheel.

IB's first coaster...the Galaxi.

The Shafer Queen waiting for more guests.

A pirate ship for the water/ski show.

One of my favorite rides...the Giant Gondola Wheel. Pics from top of the wheel to come.

The Falling Star is a little walk from the wheel.

The Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain (LoCoSuMo). This is a pic of the elevator that takes the cars up into the mountain.

The bottom track is for the Antique Autos the one above it is from the LoCoSuMo and behind that is the track for either the Hoosier Hurricane or Cornball Express coaster.

The Paratrooper.

The AA who is outside Dr. Frankenstine's Haunted Castle. (It was voted the scariest ride in the WORLD in the early 2000's.)

I like looking at all the framework of the coasters.

Another one of my favorite games. (Roll as close to 99 cents without going over. If you roll 99 cents you win the growing jackpot.) It plays the Price is Right song!

21- (Roll as close to 21 without going over.)

Quackers. You have to roll as high or as low as you can (6 or 36) to win the most tickets. Here you can see the tickets we won so far.

Another GIANT crane game.

I found this while in the game room. It shows old pics of IB.

The Steel Hawg at sunset.

The main logo on the entrance.

Our resort's address and sign.

The lake at sunset.

Coming Up Next: Day 2

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    great pics, it looks like alot of fun. I guess this is a stupid question but where is Indiana Beach, I'm assuming it's in Indiana but not sure
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!

I think this one is my favorite. It is very beautiful. I really, really like all your coaster pics. They are very well done!

I am patiently waiting for my photo request...
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    great pics, it looks like alot of fun. I guess this is a stupid question but where is Indiana Beach, I'm assuming it's in Indiana but not sure
    Thanks! It's located in Monticello, Indiana. It's about 2-3 hours from Indianapolis.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post

I think this one is my favorite. It is very beautiful. I really, really like all your coaster pics. They are very well done!

I am patiently waiting for my photo request...
    Thanks! I do have one pic but I don't like it.

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Great start Adam... And all I will say about those "coasters" is I'm sick alreay....
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Great TR so far Adam!! It looks like alot of fun!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Looks like a lot of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    Thanks! I do have one pic but I don't like it.
    Just one?!!! Oh my. Send it anyway.

Actually I just looked throught them and I do have another...and it's coming on day 3.

Okay, that is good! Looking forward to it!

DAY 2

Today is the first full day and we really don't plan much ahead because the day and weather can change...(you'll see.)

Here is the view from the back balcony. In the second pic you can see some of the new coaster in the upper left hand corner.

We took a walk up the street to the donut shop. I had donuts that morning. The sign is right across the street from the shop. We took out breakfast back to the resort and ate down by the lake.

We went to the antique stores that day and saw some cool Disney things but I didn't buy anything. We also went, for the first time to this drive-up restaurant and had the BEST root beer. It was homemade and delicious! We could have brought a gallon for only $3. We didn't but I wish we did! We ate in our car with the tray on the window our root beer were in frosted glasses. Before we got back the clouds gave way and a stormed that passed by our home came down state. It rained only for a little bit. The wind was VERY strong and it was hard to walk up to the room. We opened our screen door to get into the room and it almost hit me in the face! (More in a minute.)

After the stormed cleared and we ate dinner and our cousins went to the park to ride the rides. We went to the boardwalk with them but held off on the rides because our friends are coming down on Thursday and we ride the rides with them. The above pic is my cousins after they went down the log flume. (I will go on this on Thursday.)

The tower to Dr. Frankenstein's Haunted Castle. (Minus the ivy.)

This is the Sky Coaster. You and up to 2 friends are taken up into the air, very high in the air I might add, and swung.

At the top.

Swing! They and 2 other groups didn't even scream!

While I was taking pics of people on the Sky Coaster the performers were practicing for the water/ski show.

The Water Swings...I will go on this for the first time on Thursday.

Before the water/ski show started I took some pics of one of my favorite rides the Giant Gondola Wheel.

The show was just about the begin and I was looking at LoCoSuMo and noticed this sign. Notice anything funny about it? The track is right above the sign...the sign is below the track. How are people supposed to read it especially going fast around that turn? I thought it was funny.

We brought some slushies and enjoyed the water/ski show. I'm happy to report that I did not get a brain freeze. The show was called "The Pillage of Paradise Island." It came out last year when the pirate craze was going on.

After the show was over I took some pics of the rides lit up.

I saw these flowers when we were leaving and I thought they were cool.

Later that night another bad storm came though winds were horrible. It poured all night and there was also lots of thunder and lightning. I woke up around 3:15 in the morning because the rain was just loud enough to wake me up. I went to the bathroom and I went back to bed. Right before I fell asleep...CRACK! I jumped out of bed thinking that it hit a tree outside and there are lots of big trees outside. I looked out the window and all I could see is sideways rain. We later found out that it might have hit the roller coaster in the parking lot which is right across the street. I went back to bed and was looking at the window and looking and listening to the thunder and lightening. The lightning almost looked fake kinda like on TV shows.

Needless to say we didn't get a lot of sleep that night. My aunt, uncle, and older cousins were up all night making sure the boat didn't flood or the waverunners didn't crash into the dock. They finally fell asleep around 5.

The storm knocked out power down there but it was out all night at home. 2 towns near us were very badly damaged. Houses flattened, O'Hare and Wrigley Field evacuated, and lives ruined. Our house and family are fine.

Coming Up Next: Day 3

Very relieved to know you are fine, my friend! And no damage to your home back in Middleton.
    I am so sick of storms! Great pics, looking forward to day 3!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Sounds like a great trip Adam! Love those coasters and the water is so pretty.

How horrid was that storm. Thought of you several times and was posting wondering how you were surviving those storms. My DS came home a day early from IB to go to the Cubs Game. He was part of Wrigley's evacuation.
    Brought them all back and evacuated again. We were caught in round one of the storms and then round to back home. Air Raid's going off left and right.

90,000 lightening strikes that evening and overnight. A record. It normally takes 6 months to have that many strikes and we had them over about 6 hours instead.

Around my folks, close to O'Hare it looked like a cross between a hurricane and a tornado, nobody got any sleep here either that night.

Can't wait for the rest of your report.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 08-11-2008 at 01:30 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast