Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Disney Burnout - - Have you ever got burnt out on Disney? in the Community Center forums; Disney Burnout - - Have you ever got burnt out on Disney?...
    Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

Question Disney Burnout - - Have you ever got burnt out on Disney?

Disney Burnout - - Have you ever got burnt out on Disney?

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Ah.... NO! lol
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Nope, nowhere near!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Ok I'll be the first one to admit it... yes. In between trips, depending on the timing between them, I often end up a little burned out and need a break from all things Disney. Ok, maybe not all things... but I occasionally go a week or two not listening to the podcasts or not hitting these forums (although this time it was not purposely). Just a few times a year I take a little break. It's good for me. It keeps me excited about Disney. Without it I fear I'd lose some of the desire I have to be constantly "in it".
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Bubba88 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I find my self getting burned out if I'm there on a long trip, seven days. But if I'm there for a four or five day, not at all. It's usualy the fact that I'm staying in Disney with out a car and can't escape it. But this year were staying of property and have a car, so we'll see?

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    No

/thread
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Uhm... no. If you know my life, you understand... why.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    I get burned out on Disney blogs, websites, podcasts, etc. But I don't get burned out on going to the Theme Parks....even when we go on a 12 day trip
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Like Jenn, my interest in Disney usually subsides a wee bit after a recent WDW vacation. I'll go a week or two, maybe a month without being an avid listener of every podcast. Usually though in about two to three months, I'm jonesing again for Disney World. I must say the current economy and fuel prices are really stemming any ability I have to get down there for at least the next year.

I would really like to go in October 2009 in order to attend a MNSSHP. It's so far out though that I'm going to need the podcasts and magazines to tamp down the Disney-itch.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    I haven't hit my breaking point yet
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

Silver Britches is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by harra View Post
    I get burned out on Disney blogs, websites, podcasts, etc. But I don't get burned out on going to the Theme Parks....even when we go on a 12 day trip
    Ditto. In fact, I've actually spent time in the parks alone (happily) because people I'm with get sick of being there. Go figure.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I was going to say yes, because after my recent company, I just couldn't have gone to another park another day. On further contemplation, I don't think I was burned out on Disney - I was just plain BURNED OUT! I slept most of the day that they left.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    In December 2006, it was the closest I have ever been to burn out. But it was because my family wasn't with me. I think I was homesick for them and wanted them to experience it. That could explain why I started planning a trip once I got back!

So truly burned out, not yet.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I could think of a few other reasons, Gae! Amazing how a sour puss can ruin (or try to, anyway) a trip!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    I was going to say yes, because after my recent company, I just couldn't have gone to another park another day. On further contemplation, I don't think I was burned out on Disney - I was just plain BURNED OUT! I slept most of the day that they left.
    I think that you've hit exactly how I tend to feel, too. It is a lot of work being the chief planner/packer/tour guide/problem solver/make-sure-everyone's-happy person/pixie-dust spreader/pack mule for a Disney trip - or anywhere else for that matter. When I get home, I don't want to do ANYTHING for a few days. Probably why I never get to write trip reports.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast