Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss A funny bit of irony... in the Community Center forums; over the weekend I caught some of the theme park shows on Food Network. I've seen most of them before, but I was bored so I watched again while playing ...
    Xharryb is offline C-Ticket Holder

A funny bit of irony...

over the weekend I caught some of the theme park shows on Food Network. I've seen most of them before, but I was bored so I watched again while playing around on the puter. anyway.... As I was watching Walt Disney World Unwrapped with host Mark Summers, the irony hit me. Mark Summers original claim to fame was as the host of Double Dare, A Nickelodeon show which was taped at Universal Studios. Now here he was hosting his current show and loving every bit of WDW. nothing big, just a connection that hit me as I sat there with nothing better to ponder on a Saturday afternoon.
    This space designated as a DRAMA FREE ZONE

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Along those same lines...

With regard to the Travel Channel Ultimate WDW Fan show I was trying to get on , the production company is located on Universal Studios Boulvard!
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 04-20-2004 at 11:41 AM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Hahahahahahahahahahaa!!!

oh... wait... Sorry Lou! woulda been cool to hear about it had you got on!

Mr. Summers just keeps popping up with more tidbits along this discussion... was flipping channels last night, killing time before American Idol, caught an old episode of Family Double Dare (hosted by Mark Summers). They had "team captains" that were from some other Nick show that I have never heard of. When the guy who was captaining the blue team was talking about himself he mentioned that he had "just finished a film called Newsies for Disney" (he did look familiar but I couldn't place what character he was from Newsies... and I absolutely love that movie!). Mark laughed and commented on how he thought that was probably the first time someone on Nickelodeon had mentioned Disney, the guy must feel pretty secure about his job, mentioned there was a bit of a rivalry there, etc...

Then the 3rd question of the show was about Mary Poppins?!?!

things that make you go hmmmmmm...

and in other ironies from the same show, the grand prize if you got all 8 flags in the final obstacle course was a trip to Universal Studios Florda......... The show was being filmed in the Nick Studios at Universal. even the host said, "what was that grand prize again? so, I guess we're gonna bring you back out here to Florida again after you've gone home to (where-ever they were from)."